Letter to Philadelphia

njdevil26

Okay so the guy called be back...

To touch on the messageboard thing... someone saw the letter I posted, printed it out, and mailed it to Lukko and Snider. Then they had the PR guy contact me. And he mentioned NJDEVS by name which is cool too.

He told me to pick a game and he'll get me and a friend down there and he wants to meet me and sit down and chat with me for a while and wants to show me that Philly has great passionate fans that my experience wasn't indicative to their behavior and make a night out of it.

He was a really nice guy and I think I might take him up on that. He said the Flyers take these letter seriously and he was telling me that they got a bunch of complaints after the Rangers Flyers opener that Ranger fans were being abused. And I said "yeah they whine a lot" and he said "and Devil fans don't?" haha. Anyway. So this is nice and I'm pleased with it.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should be worried about these things if they came up to Newark or NYC.

Oh oh oh, can we get some gangstas from Newark to challenge the Flyers fans to a fight the next time there is a Devils Flyers game in Newark? That'd shut em up.

Oh oh oh, can we get some gangstas from Newark to challenge the Flyers fans to a fight the next time there is a Devils Flyers game in Newark? That'd shut em up.

The guy did make a crack about Newark. I said I was used to a ton of security at the Prudential Center and he was like "uh yeah it's in NEWARK." I wasn't thinking I should have said uh yeah you're in PHILLY

To touch on the messageboard thing... someone saw the letter I posted, printed it out, and mailed it to Lukko and Snider. Then they had the PR guy contact me. And he mentioned NJDEVS by name which is cool too.

He told me to pick a game and he'll get me and a friend down there and he wants to meet me and sit down and chat with me for a while and wants to show me that Philly has great passionate fans that my experience wasn't indicative to their behavior and make a night out of it.

He was a really nice guy and I think I might take him up on that. He said the Flyers take these letter seriously and he was telling me that they got a bunch of complaints after the Rangers Flyers opener that Ranger fans were being abused. And I said "yeah they whine a lot" and he said "and Devil fans don't?" haha. Anyway. So this is nice and I'm pleased with it.

This response is a lot more than I was expecting from the Flyers! If you take them up on the offer, definitely keep us posted.

I'm going to the game on Thursday, and I went to the game where you had your miserable time. Luckily for me I didnt get taunted much (and yes I was wearing my Devils jersey). I think I got lucky because it was game 4 of the world series. Anyhow, it will be worse this time around, especially since I am going with 2 friends and my brother who happen to be die hard Flyers fans. Pray for me guys

Edited by spyro

Actually, you are safer being there with yer Phailure phan buddies then if you went with njd26 :noclue:

I'm still not sure who I'm going with. :noclue:

Actually, you are safer being there with yer Phailure phan buddies then if you went with njd26 :noclue:

I'm still not sure who I'm going with. :noclue:

Since I go to school in Reading PA I have a lot of Flyer fan friends... I'm probably safer going with them..

But don't get me wrong... I'm not a deuche away fan that stands up and screams at people when the Devils score... ESPECIALLY in Philly. I sit, and do a quiet golf clap.

No I'm not going Thursday...

They are accomodating me for the Dec 16 Flyers Avalanche game AND the March 23 Devils Flyers game.

Since I go to school in Reading PA I have a lot of Flyer fan friends... I'm probably safer going with them..

But don't get me wrong... I'm not a deuche away fan that stands up and screams at people when the Devils score... ESPECIALLY in Philly. I sit, and do a quiet golf clap.

No I'm not going Thursday...

They are accomodating me for the Dec 16 Flyers Avalanche game AND the March 23 Devils Flyers game.

Awesome dude, lets hope for a win while your there, :koolaid: that would shut up the fans :whistling:

Your experience reminded me of the incident my daughter and friend had with a raggot fan and a group of raggot girls at game 2 of the playoffs at home in sec 133. After parise lost his teeth and the rags winning some bone smoker stood up and began harassing my daughter lifted up his shirt. my daughter didn't take it too lightly and let him haveholy hell, rag fan#1 thrown out and arrested. A group of girls started and again my kid didn't back down next group of rags out in the street. A rags fan is just as bad as a fellatio flyer fan. Goes to show the Devils have classier fans & better security

I have a "Flyers Suck" t-shirt. If you want to borrow it for your night on the town in Philly, you're more than welcome. :lol:

:lol: "Holy Toledo" or "Aw jiminy" would have also been acceptable.

yeah, when I saw "cripes", I thought "how bout "jinkers" or "great googleymoogley"? Did you have to go all vulgar with cripes?"

So, njd26, you are going? Where you gonna be at? I'll watch out for the trouble that tends to follow you. :evil: