A simple question for the libs and cons

LOTCB

Throughout the entire process, you hear stuff on both sides about what is wrong with the other candidate, what they or their campaign is doing wrong, this party is registering dead people, this guy hates science or whatever...I have one simple question:

Do any of you who support one over the other completely REALLY believe everything you hear about the other candidate is true?

Just curious on what some of you think

Do any of you who support one over the other completely REALLY believe everything you hear about the other candidate is true?

No, I don't believe everything I hear. But I'll tell you what, there's a helluva lot of evidence (e.g., video clips of McCain and Palin digging their own graves) for me to be convinced that I'm making the right choice. I take everything anyone says (even Obama) with a grain of salt until I know more about the situation.

Also, let's be clear, to those of us who are informed and pay attention to politics: McCain isn't new. I know McCain, I liked McCain, McCain has changed. I would vote for the McCain I thought still existed about a year or two ago. Or at least, I wouldn't be worried if he had been elected. Today, I worry . . I'm not scared for America or anything, but . . I dunno, maybe I should be. I'm sure I'll just roll with the punches like I have for the last 8 years.

I think you should answer your own question as well, because I think there are far more flimsy allegations against Obama than there are against McCain. The fact is, Obama hasn't played a lot of the cards he could have thus far. Every day the McCain campaign has a new accusation, a new conspiracy, a new controversial figure that Obama has "palled around" - it's desperate times in the McCain camp right now, I hope for their sake it's all worth it in the end.

Such as? What has been said of John McCain?

If you are referring to the ad that said that he is in ailing health, no I don't believe that to be true.

Maybe I should think more of Palin's "skeletons" such as

- book banning...

- believes man roamed the earth with the dinosaurs...

- pretended to be the mother of a child that was really Bristol's...

In which case, I think if you look at the threads in question, I claimed that was all garbage. I'll trust factcheck.org to sort out the truth from the internet lies. On both sides. In the "Bristol's child" thread I think I said that it was garbage, but I wasn't surprised to see these things on the internet given the "Muslim terrorist" rumours. But I said, even before factcheck, that there was absolutely zero chance of it being true.

Edited by Don

Such as? What has been said of John McCain?

If you are referring to the ad that said that he is in ailing health, no I don't believe that to be true.

Maybe I should think more of Palin's "skeletons" such as

- book banning...

- believes man roamed the earth with the dinosaurs...

- pretended to be the mother of a child that was really Bristol's...

In which case, I think if you look at the threads in question, I claimed that was all garbage. I'll trust factcheck.org to sort out the truth from the internet lies. On both sides.

I do have a question about this factcheck.org:

Are they non-partisan? Who is running that site?

I do have a question about this factcheck.org:

Yes, factcheck.org is non-partisan.

We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding.

The Annenberg Political Fact Check is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The APPC was established by publisher and philanthropist Walter Annenberg in 1994 to create a community of scholars within the University of Pennsylvania that would address public policy issues at the local, state and federal levels.

The APPC accepts NO funding from business corporations, labor unions, political parties, lobbying organizations or individuals. It is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation.

They bust on each candidate equally. Go to the site and see for yourself.

That nutjob that was accusing Obama of not being a citizen said the company that funds it (Annenberg Public Policy Center) was a left-learning organization, but who knows. I sure don't. As I said, I take everything with a grain of salt, no matter who the source.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.