How many Treaters did you get?

Don

fifteen gave them each an obama sticker and a chapter out of marx.

Nothing against you, Obama or Marx, but I kinda hope you find a turd in your mailbox in the morning. If you don't, then there is something seriously wrong with the youth of this nation.

CANDY RULES!

Oh, and we had about 20 trick or treaters come by our house.

I had about 20-25. I just bought my house in May. Better than last year when I lived in an apartment complex (private entrances in a residential area) and had zero --- the year before that, same place, 4.

I was still bummed, the guy across the street says last year said he had 80+ - He rents out a cotten candy machine every year. My neighborhood "blamed" the phillies parade and after parties.

Growing up in Toms River, I literally remember over a 100. Then again, the whole trick or treat thing the night before Halloween skewed the numbers to include kids from neighboring towns, etc.

Edited by aylbert

Very few between when I got home from work and when I left again. Maybe 5 tops. I would imagine most came earlier - other people were home - but the candy bowl is still mostly full. Good thing I like SweetTarts in all of their variations.

Halloween candy grows lame when you're too old to trick-or-treat though. As a kid you get a nice variety. As an adult, you get the leftovers, which is almost always a ton of the same brand of candy.

We were in Lambertville...

The entire town was one huge Fun House themed block party...

Rebecca was scared to go to any house with a smoke machine (there's one on each block... and while we were out my sisters neighbors set one up nextdoor so it's was nearly impossible to get her up the sidewalk! - and I can't even explain how insane it is -- except to say that humans pose in coffins and jump out at you, guys rest their heads on a cut out table with a mask on - so it looks like a hokey head sitting there on the table in back of the candy bowl -- but then they try to bite you as you take some candy - or I got yelled at "PUT THAT BACK!" i KNEW it was a real person he and I were just talking and I still jumped a mile. Dummies/bats/skeltons drop out of the trees onto you as you pass -- it's like a gigantic fun house - and it was REALLY crazy since halloween was on a Friday night this year. People tailgate even - they had sushi and hors d'oeuvres for parents - and drinks etc. So Rebecca had a blast -- her very first words Sat morning (I snuck into her room to give her a hug) she whispered really loudly "I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE SCARED!" yeah right.... no 'good morning' or any of that - her cousin (she just turned 6 - they're almost the exact same age) got the pee scared out of her and had to change - LOL! Rebecca's favorite grown up costume was a dude who dressed up as a tellatubby - a red one. All the guys were joking about how it should have been the purple one (it was all PC but maybe a little vulgar because most of the guys are gay - it's a very healthy atmosphere - I know I'm warped in the northeast - but I was raised pretty much color blind but being gay was still taboo -- I think Rebec is completely color blind - it's a non-issue to her - and she has a few friends with 2 moms or 2 dads - it makes me happy that being gay will probably be a non-issue when her kids are growing up. I know the pendulum swings but it's my hope).

Oh - our home home is just a little bit too rural. Houses are close enough it's just there are no sidewalks and no one has ever walked up our hill to get candy... we have to invite neighbors over via phone - and they're usually going to a party or something... :saddevil: We're probably going to do the Flemington Halloween Parade one of these years. It's hard when Lambertville and my sisters house is so in the thick of things though... Oh - Rebecca was a bride, replete with bouquet ... and OF COURSE all the murder victim on display were brides - a bride holding her own chopped off head - a corpse bride, a skeleton bride with glowing eyes....

Edited by Pepperkorn

Oh - our home home is just a little bit too rural. Houses are close enough it's just there are no sidewalks and no one has ever walked up our hill to get candy... we have to invite neighbors over via phone - and they're usually going to a party or something... :saddevil: We're probably going to do the Flemington Halloween Parade one of these years. It's hard when Lambertville and my sisters house is so in the thick of things though... Oh - Rebecca was a bride, replete with bouquet ... and OF COURSE all the murder victim on display were brides - a bride holding her own chopped off head - a corpse bride, a skeleton bride with glowing eyes....

By phone? Not the Pony Express?

I got 24 Halloweeners, down from 40 last year. It seems these "Safe Halloween Party" things at the malls are really popular now...

I know some poeple that took their kids to a mall and they got a 15 dollar coupon from Gap after a purchse of 175 dollars, a free framing after buying one full price from a camera shop, and my favorite that I herad on the radio...some house was giving out loaves of bread