Brodeur out 3-4 Months

jkrdevil

Alright...some postivies:

We all wanted Brodeur to get some rest. Assuming we are still in it, Brodeur could and probably will be the freshest goalie out there. Could be huge come playoff time.

I guess I meant to say postitive.

I don't know about all of you but I'm pretty excited how this team responds. This is a preview of the team when Brodeur is gone. Maybe we'll find out it isn't the end of the world.

Edited by devilsrule33

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if Lou were to do anything, he should go after a defenseman to shore up the back, not a goaltender.

Exactly - as horrible as this is, it forces us to look at the post-Brodeur era and means Lou must find a way to keep us competitive. This could be inroads to getting J-Bow here to Jersey. Something will be done and i think, as you do, we need to "shore up the back" and protect Weekes.

Oh and on a sidenote i'm glad we finally all figured out how to spell Weeks, I mean Weekes. :argh:

I have full trust in Weekes! I think, he was great last night, but I don't think the Devils as a team will make the PO. Although it's very early, but they will have to fight really hard to getnear the fire. I would be more optimistic if the special teams performed better.

Get Well Marty! Go Devils, Go Weekes!

I think Weekes will get a chance to show what he can do before Lou does anything. Regardless, the Devils will definitely make a move for a goalie. I don't think they want Caruso-Frazee in Lowell.

The will either 1) find a back-up for Weekes (Roloson-type) and move Clemmer back down, or 2) keep Clemmer up and find a more experienced AHLer.

C'mon guys, it's gonna get interesting out there!

I might vomit. I am definitely depressed. I was bored in a workshop and was playing on a friend's iphone. I read gulliti's blog, got up, left and went home. I am glad that so many of you have confidence in Weekes. I will keep reading your posts to try and cheer myself up. I will miss Marty terribly. Nevertheless, GO DEVILS!! GO WEEKES!! :evilcry:

Great, I have Rangers fans that I haven't talked to in over a year IMing me laughing at the injury. Classy as ever.

Exactly the same thing here! I hate these classless a$$holes. They are the truest pseudo-fans.

As for Marty... This is gonna be tough. I think you guys already said it all in this thread. But I'd stick with the optimists. I think 8th or 7th spot in the East is still possible after Brodeur comes back.

I knew it, i fvcking called this all the way. God damn it! After 25 years of following this team, i know better then to trust anything that comes out of that team's mouth, especially LL about injuries. You just know Martin's "Upper body" is something more.

"Bruised elbow" LOL As i said, the Devils calling that a bruised elbow was an insult to fans intelligence and anyone who believed it should have learned a lesson not to believe anyhting you hear but what you see.

There were signs of it being worse if you understand the Devils way. The big clue was not hearing from Brodeur.

So SueNJ, i guess i shouldn't have been so scared after all about that MRI after all, huh?

While I'm not pleased at the news, I still don't understand why you are frightened of tests that are done to try and diagnose someone correctly. Would you rather they f*cked it up and he was crippled for life?

Honestly, you either didn't want them to give him an MRI or you wanted them to not report that he was getting one. I don't see where that gets anyone.

An MRI isn't always bad news. It was this time. You, apparently, wanted them to consult what...psychics?

I pointed out that I didn't believe it was a bruised elbow. Didn't make sense. But an MRI is a test that is designed to figure out what is wrong. You...what...didn't want to know?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

a

a

a

aaaaaaaaaaa :evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry::evilcry::evilcry::evilcry::evilcry::evilcry::evilcry::evilcry::evilcry::evilcry::evilcry::evilcry::evilcry: v