Elias not at practice today

sundstrom

And its all my wrong doing? For taking a stab at who goes down next? Er wake up to reality, jinxes/curses/bullsh!t isn't real.

I'd prefer not to talk about "who goes down next" and just hope no one does. Just the way I've elected to roll at this point.

When you are right, people are going to be like WTF

True dat lol.

And its all my wrong doing? For taking a stab at who goes down next? Er wake up to reality, jinxes/curses/bullsh!t isn't real.

prove it.... claim Eli Manning is next!!!!!!!!!!! :P

this team has been remarkably lucky with regards to injuries forever - save Stevens. This rash of injuries seems to hit every team every few years. the law of averages just came up with the devils' number this time around - every injury was a freak thing and not age or style related. a slip and fall from rolston, pucks being shot into the hands of bobby and greene. marty reaches the wrong way (baby fat doesn't save a tendon). martin's frame and overuse leads to his seeming like he's got sand in his pants with the soreness he has this year (and went through last year) but really, what can you do about these injuries - also i think the voodoo nonsense is just that.

just realized that "v@gina" is turned into "pants" - really takes the biting humor out of the comment.

Edited by sundstrom

or they can just try to give themselves the best chance of winning every game, which means playing the guys who you've paid the big money to.

You mean overplaying the same guys we've been LOSING with??

Insanity defined: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results......

Its pathetic how half the board believes in these jinxes and curses and sh!t. What are we in the time of the Witch Trials?

Too funny :giggle::dance:

Well it looks like you believe in thse jinxes too lol. ;) It is pathetic though to think about these jinxes and curses. Don't believe in them and never will.

Elias is just resting for the morning skate and really no need to make a big deal out of it. He will be in the line up anyway TG says.

I cant. Eli is going to lead his team to at least another deep playoff run.. thats all i can comment on that so far..

CMON INJURED GIANTS!!!

You're only doing this to prove a scientific experiment :)

You mean overplaying the same guys we've been LOSING with??

Insanity defined: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results......

Results, in this case, are exactly what I am talking about - the 'losing' may be totally unrelated to this. You've isolated what you think is a problem, but it may or may not be a problem. Since the Devils are losing, I could advocate bringing up Stephen Gionta since hey they're losing.

The problem with both Vrana and Bergfors is that they have the talent to reach the NHL, but not necessarily the talent to succeed in it. Vrana is a Brylin-like player - I don't think one season of very solid play in the AHL erases his two non-descript years before it - but these players are usually journeymen, since they never quite fit in on any line. Bergfors will play here next year, of that I have little doubt, but he didn't make the team out of camp, so how is he better than these other players? Because he's failed in any sense to put up reasonable production at the AHL level?

Results, in this case, are exactly what I am talking about - the 'losing' may be totally unrelated to this. You've isolated what you think is a problem, but it may or may not be a problem. Since the Devils are losing, I could advocate bringing up Stephen Gionta since hey they're losing.

The problem with both Vrana and Bergfors is that they have the talent to reach the NHL, but not necessarily the talent to succeed in it. Vrana is a Brylin-like player - I don't think one season of very solid play in the AHL erases his two non-descript years before it - but these players are usually journeymen, since they never quite fit in on any line. Bergfors will play here next year, of that I have little doubt, but he didn't make the team out of camp, so how is he better than these other players? Because he's failed in any sense to put up reasonable production at the AHL level?

I understand what you are saying, but a healthy dosage of Madden, Pandolfo, Langenbrunner, Zubrus, and Gionta right now isn't going get us scoring goals, especially without Martin right now creating any offense from the backline. Elias seems a little banged up, so maybe one of those guys can get some PP time or play with Zajac and Parise.

Sutter will end up doing what you want, because you guys have the exact same logic, but looking around the NHL, more and more coaches are giving chances to these guys.

Edited by devilsrule33

Well it looks like you believe in thse jinxes too lol. ;) It is pathetic though to think about these jinxes and curses. Don't believe in them and never will.

Elias is just resting for the morning skate and really no need to make a big deal out of it. He will be in the line up anyway TG says.

The entire fanbase is upset, one day after the announcement, and you don't expect people to be sensitive about it? What do your really expect? And you still continue to joke about more players going down....and expect no reaction?

If both of you are so concerned about the "superstitious crowd" why not stop making predictions????

Sorry, but the wounds are still very tender here....

I understand what you are saying, but a healthy dosage of Madden, Pandolfo, Langenbrunner, Zubrus, and Gionta right now isn't going get us scoring goals, especially without Martin right now creating any offense from the backline. Elias seems a little banged up, so maybe one of thow guys can get some PP time or play with Zajac and Parise.

Sutter will end up doing what you want, because you guys have the exact same logic, but looking around the NHL, more and more coaches are giving chances to these guys.

Which guys? To Vrana and Bergfors? Am I missing something, or have teams decided to go back to rolling 4 lines, because I see a lot of teams that are not doing that of late.

Teams are getting younger, but that is the result of the salary cap - they willfully decide to go younger in the off-season. The Devils did not choose to do that.

There is a very strong chance that neither Vrana nor Bergfors ever puts up the points per game that Langenbrunner did even last season, which by all accounts was a down year. I don't see how Vrana or Bergfors are better than Gionta, or Zubrus, or Madden, or Pandolfo. The game is played two-way and while Bergfors and Vrana are decent players to that end, they haven't shown they can hack it with regularity.

Re: The game against the Sabres - the Devils were dominating the back half of that game rolling 3 lines. So you want them to use less of the guys who are dominating, and more guys who've been sitting on the bench all game? I admit the young players had one good shift in the 2nd, but I haven't seen that much out of Vrana to suggest he is categorically better than anyone playing on the Devils at this moment - enough to usurp their even-strength or power play position.

Edited by Triumph