piece of sh!t team

brylin18

of course it's difficult to judge this team now with all of the injuries, especially after things looked very promising at the beginning of the year with a full roster. but the vets on this team are playing like ass. madden and pandolfo seemed to have lost a step and its showed up as a terrible PK %. langenbrunner is just embarassing himself and sutter seems intent on letting him do so as much as possible. WHY is langenbrunner on the PK? WHY is langenbrunner still playing the point on the pp where he insists on only shooting when there is a player in front of him?

even elias, while he's definitely been an offensive presence, seems to INSIST on trying to pass through opposing players. the team, as a whole, has probably the most blocked shots of all teams and, even though there isnt a stat for it, probably has the most blocked passes. this team generates turnovers but is probably the worst team in the league at actually converting on them or even getting a shot on net.

i like the look of the team when it's healthy, but even then, this is not a stanley cup team. basically, if they don't at least make the finals this year, i'd say let madden walk. he's had his chance to get NJ another cup. he's been given ridiculous amounts of ice time and his line has been the face of the team for several years now.

How can you expect the veterans to play well under these circumstances? All of their equals going down next to them and they're supposed to be motivated? When we have an average of at least one rookie on the ice at any given time and we don't have a starting goaltender, you expect this team to just jump in and give the effort of the Detroit Red Wings? You expect chemistry to develop for players who last saw this team in camp? Wait till the injuries are over to judge the veterans on this team.

I agree, Langenbrunner, Madden, and Pandolfo may not have had their best game. But I saw effort in their play and that's what I need to see. If this isn't a cup year, we have a hell of an excuse, I think. I root for the Devils but I don't expect them to be the best team in the league when eight of their starting players are out.

With an undermanned team the Devils have given up five goals in two games, and three of them were shortside goals that shouldn't have been allowed while another one was a gift from Toronto.

They actually gave decent efforts these two games, but honestly aren't as good as these teams right now with half the lineup out and still held their own at times.

Of course the offense blows but the offense blows when healthy. It'd be nice to actually see something change on that end but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Hasan4978

We're a sandbag now and that is true. Right now, the only person who screws this team up is Sutter because none of his move ever works. His captaincy change, style change (alleged he would turn this team into an offensive team) and line-juggling were busted brutally. The only move Lou L. is to fire Sutter and .....hire Brian Sutter!!!! Just kidding, but seriously, anyone could be fine since the situation won't get worst than this.

Edited by Devil Fan

This team has way too many injuries yes and will struggle, but it cannot be the same excuse night in and night out on every loss. The VETERANS on this Devils team (AND THEY KNOW WHO THE FVCK THEY ARE! :rant:) is responsible to step up their games and take control of the games. Parise seems to be the only one that scores and cares right now to win which is sad. Players like Langenbrunner, Zajac, Zubrus, Madden, Pandolfo, Elias and White should all be held accountable. There are no leadership on this team what so ever right now. Some of these veterans need to step it up. Cannot keep blaming these games and losses on Weekes and Clemmensen when this team does not score friggin' goals! This is going to continue unless these veterans step it up. Cannot rely on waiting for Rolston, Holik, Salvador, Greene, Gionta and who ever else is damn injured.

The VETERANS need to step it up NOW for this Wednesday night or it is going to be a very embarrassing night vs. the NYR. Veteran players are responsible for this and are held accountable. No more excuses of all the injuries. All teams play through injuries. Just happens the Devils are the most banged up team in the NHL right now. Players need to step up and start doing that on Wednesday night.

No scorers right now except for Parise and maybe it is time to sign Shanahan to a 1-year deal and get some scoring. Maybe even Sundin which would take a miracle in getting right now. Shanahan is a true possibility now and heard a lot of the fans walking out of the Prudential Center discussing Shanahan tonight. The Devils really have NOTHING to lose in signing him.

Rant over.

Edited by SatansDevils

What amazes me is how Langenbrunner is incapable of corralling a pass or maing a proper pass. His passes always seem to be behind his man. He just slows down that line. I will give him credit that he worls well in the corners and behind the net cycling the puck, but this line should be able to score goals on the rush, and not just cycling the puck to the point with Parise deflecting one home.

Langenbrunner has just been awlful as of late and he maybe hiding an injury or two. :noclue: He is just not playing his game he is capable of playing so far this season. I would like to have Arnott back for Langenbrunner if it was possible. One can dream. :P

so you're willing to give up the 2003 Cup too??

I'm NOT :P

Oh please. Name me one other team in this league that can compete without an all-star, hall-of-fame bound goaltender, it's top defensive pair, it's top line center, a second line winger, and three role players.

We lost 3-1 to the defending Stanley Cup champions and 2-1 with Scott fvckin Clemmenson in net. Take a step back and breathe for a minute.

Oh please. Name me one other team in this league that can compete without an all-star, hall-of-fame bound goaltender, it's top defensive pair, it's top line center, a second line winger, and three role players.

Toronto?? :P

Oh wait they have a coach who believes in young players and actually coaches... my bad!

this team has no talent on offense, except parise.

It was exactly the same last year, and nothing was done about it, and people here are actually surprised?

There's only one person that should be blamed for this, and it's unbelievable that no one here gives him the blame.

Wait... we should have signed a constant 30-goal scorer in the off-season... maybe he plays center too??

Hrrmmmm :whistling: :whistling:

We're a sandbag now and that is true. Right now, the only person who screws this team up is Sutter because none of his move ever works. His captaincy change, style change (alleged he would turn this team into an offensive team) and line-juggling were busted brutally. The only move Lou L. is to fire Sutter and .....hire Brian Sutter!!!! Just kidding, but seriously, anyone could be fine since the situation won't get worst than this.

Hit that right on the head. Sutter is a lot to blame for some of those changes that have not worked. yes the team is injured, BUT when everyone comes back can Sutter please stop juggling the damn lines! Need to keep some lines together to get some kind of chemistry. Sutter keeps juggling the lines for another season, this team will continue to struggle to score goals. It needs to stop.

It's too bad Pat Burns does not comeback and coach this team. He would give this team a swift kick in the ass right now and tell them to suck it up and for the veterans to go out there and lead the team. I miss Pat Burns and hope he is doing well.

Burns > Sutter

Pandolfo and Madden are doing the same thing defensive pluggers like Yelle and Axelsson are doing for Boston but for 4 million more. Pandolfo is worth 1.5 million max and Madden is worth 2.5 million max.

this is the truth that people like to ignore because madden is a gamer and he and pando have been here for ever. there's loyalty from fans to these guys. that being said, while pando and madden (who will no doubt get a 3 or 4 year deal of more than $3MM/year) aren't terribly expensive, their declining skills (and more importantly declining speed) will be stuck on the roster for years to come. and yes, they can become 4th line guys but you don't pay 4th line guys like that.

It's early-November, we're missing the most important player in franchise history, both of our offseason acquisitions, our top defensive pairing, and we've already got fans stepping to the ledge? Get a grip, folks!

Since Marty's gone down, the only opponents we haven't outshot were Buffalo and Detroit. The team is working hard and keeping games close, but right now we're just totally outmatched.

As long as the team shows heart, I have no complaints. LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

Listen up Fair Weather, this is going to be a tough season - Marty going down alone cements that as an irrevocable fact. With the additional slew of injuries to major players, we saw pretty much the farm team version of NJ tonight, and while it's true we'll be getting some major players back in the next few weeks, none of that changes the fact that the best goaltender in the league is out for a long, long time, and while Weekes and Clem are loyal guys that have some degree of skill, missing your #1 player (especially in goal) is going to produce some very tough times ahead. It's very possible that NJ will miss the playoffs this year, considering the parity in the East, and considering the lack of points that usually distinguishes 1-8, and also, the teams knocking on the playoff door.

Understand that this stretch - this entire season - may just not be the prettiest we've ever put forward, and when you compose of a team of players with strengths in different areas, as NJ does, it's tough to judge players like Madden, Elias, Langs. They are at their best (like all players with roles are) when the full roster is healthy and guys can play to their strengths. One game does not a season make.

We've had a lot of fortune since the mid 90's, and I really believe that Lou has put together another solid team this season for us to enjoy, but if we're going to lambaste this injury riddled squad on a game-by-game, loss-by-loss basis, it's going to make a long season seem even longer.

Enjoy your team for what it is in this tough era of life without Brodeur, and be realistic about its expectations, while maintaining hope that it will somehow rise above.

That's my plan, anyway.

Hit that right on the head. Sutter is a lot to blame for some of those changes that have not worked. yes the team is injured, BUT when everyone comes back can Sutter please stop juggling the damn lines! Need to keep some lines together to get some kind of chemistry. Sutter keeps juggling the lines for another season, this team will continue to struggle to score goals. It needs to stop.

It's too bad Pat Burns does not comeback and coach this team. He would give this team a swift kick in the ass right now and tell them to suck it up and for the veterans to go out there and lead the team. I miss Pat Burns and hope he is doing well.

Burns > Sutter

I love how this complaint about shifting lines is with the bring back Burns sentiment. Burns changed his lines more than any other coach in devils history before him, and people bitched and moaned endlessly about it then, they still bitch and moan endless about it now. The difference is Burnsy won a cup doing it, Sutter hasnt.

I love how this complaint about shifting lines is with the bring back Burns sentiment. Burns changed his lines more than any other coach in devils history before him, and people bitched and moaned endlessly about it then, they still bitch and moan endless about it now. The difference is Burnsy won a cup doing it, Sutter hasnt.

not only that - the idea that burns is the kick in the ass type and sutter isn't is laughable.

of course it's difficult to judge this team now with all of the injuries, especially after things looked very promising at the beginning of the year with a full roster. but the vets on this team are playing like ass. madden and pandolfo seemed to have lost a step and its showed up as a terrible PK %. langenbrunner is just embarassing himself and sutter seems intent on letting him do so as much as possible. WHY is langenbrunner on the PK? WHY is langenbrunner still playing the point on the pp where he insists on only shooting when there is a player in front of him?

even elias, while he's definitely been an offensive presence, seems to INSIST on trying to pass through opposing players. the team, as a whole, has probably the most blocked shots of all teams and, even though there isnt a stat for it, probably has the most blocked passes. this team generates turnovers but is probably the worst team in the league at actually converting on them or even getting a shot on net.

i like the look of the team when it's healthy, but even then, this is not a stanley cup team. basically, if they don't at least make the finals this year, i'd say let madden walk. he's had his chance to get NJ another cup. he's been given ridiculous amounts of ice time and his line has been the face of the team for several years now.

:cryriver: Wah Wah stfu