Clemmer in Net Friday

CADevilsFan

Wow it only took a week and a half for the goaltender position to become a free-for-all...too bad Sutter isn't as proactive with the OFFENSE :rolleyes:

Holy sh!t what a joke this is

where can I submit my application to start for the Islander game?? :P

You'd still be in line behind Chris Terreri and John Vanbiesbrouck since Lou always defaults to getting 'his guys' when in doubt :whistling:

Edited by Hasan4978

You'd still be in line behind Chris Terreri and John Vanbiesbrouck since Lou always defaults to getting 'his guys' when in doubt :whistling:

Bah I've been loyal to the team longer :P

But I could only imagine the retribution for years of bashing this team online like I've done!!! :blink:

It's gonna look like a football game...

(oh wait... we're the devils...) --

it's gonna look like a really one sided football game!

Devils scoring their usual 2-point saftey and a possibility that Washington scores a TD and may get the extra point. More and more I think about Clemmensen I want to :puke: I hope he can suprise a lot of people and fans tomorrow night. Maybe the Devils can be the ones to breakout and score a TD on Theodore. :P

Clemmenson play good against edmonton and couldn't be blamed for either goal. I think he'll play well enough for us to win tomorrow night.

I'd say the 1st goal was definitely a weak goal. The 2nd one was just the defense failing to lay the body on Hemsky combined with some funny bounces

now that Weekes had few starts and lost these games, Clemmensen deserves a start. but against highly scoring very offensive team like capitals!! ohh boy

They are playing back to back games against the Caps. Clemmensen was probably going to get one of those starts regardless how Weekes was playing.

As I predicted this morning... a goalie controversy.

While I fault Sutter for a lot of what he does, Weekes was scary bad vs NYR

If you want to call it a controversy. I think most would have guessed that each would be taking one game with against the Caps this weekend. On the road in Washington is usually when the Devils use the backup. If Clemmer start sboth game this weekend there is a controversy if not there is none, for now.

So you sign Weekes to spot Marty and be there to be the guy in case a long-term injury as a capable goalie.... and you throw him under the bus within A WEEK... Genius!!! :clap: :clap:

how was he thrown under the bus? just last week, weren't you the one clamoring for clemmensen to start the edmonton game? now we have two games of a back to back and clemmensen starting the first one means weekes is under the bus?

how was he thrown under the bus? just last week, weren't you the one clamoring for clemmensen to start the edmonton game? now we have two games of a back to back and clemmensen starting the first one means weekes is under the bus?

Pulling him from the last game because the defense couldn't play worth a sh!t in the second period (yesthe 2nd goal was bad, but no worse then "MB30" would allow against the Rangers)... and then not letting him get back out there and show it was a bad game and move back to the position this team is gonna NEED him in (you know... all those same old trash excuses we were given about Brodeur's 4,000,000 starts in a row)

and no I was kinda 60/40 on the goalie for Sunday, but was leaning on the realistic expectation that we were not beating Detroit barring a bus accident, so save Weekes for the winnable game.... but I knew that wasn't happening

This whole coaching staff is just kinda... LOST now, and it's infuriating

Changing the goalie here is the WRONG message in that the goalie stunk when it was a miserable defensive collapse and miserable choices (like leaving Madden/White/Oduya on the ice for a full 5 on 3 kill in the 2nd period)

Clemmensen just flat out SUCKS... I saw it in Toronto last year, won't be much different here with a worse team in front of him!

Somebody better do some hitting tonight ! If you can't score hit somebody damn it ! And I forgot can someone clear the net for Clemmy ! Heart and Ballz please !

1: it is possible to play poor in goal and not allow any goals. likewise it's possible to play poorly, give up goals that he had no chance on, but still not be playing well. i don't think weekes played poorly - but he didn't play well either.

2: how often do you see that? the goalie gets pulled at the end of the period to shake up the team. it's happened to brodeur before several times. but there it wasn't 'sending the wrong message', it was 'hey thank god marty gets a rest!'

3: we're starting weekes at home to give us the best chance to win at home.

4: everything seems to be the wrong message. this is true because the team is losing. this is why you get people saying that sutter should change the lines and that he changes them too much. everyone's got their own interpretation as to why the team is losing, but the coaching has not lost any of the last 3 games. if clemmensen wins, it will all of the sudden be the right move, whereas if he loses, it will be the wrong move, when in truth, it is probably closer to neither.

Edited by Triumph