Shanny is Coming...

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Shanahan Rumors... This time from NJ.com, albeit the article is dated 10/07/08 Lou still shows interest....

Shanahan's Career coming Full Circle?

"Let's just say one of his former general managers who knows him well and knows what he's capable of contributing has been interested," Curran said.

shannj.jpg

:dance: Shanny! :dance: Shanny! :dance: Shanny! :dance: Shanny! :dance: Shanny! :dance:

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

if Lou really is interested... he's got issues.

For real - he's got a little problem with needing affirmation - or needing to project an affirming image for the organization. Holik coming back - that's as it should be - it made really good logical sense. Claude - well... now we see the context that all fits into.

It's like sometimes that's such a wonderful cleansing thing - like Holik and McLean... and NOT taking Claude NOW :giggle: all good -- all sage. It's just - it seems Lou will take a stupid chance on NJ vets almost to prove something... I'm still not sold on Rolston - but THAT is a "what harm can it do" choice I can live with.

Mogilny, Malakov -- see where that got us :doh1: Shannahan would be the same sort of choice. It has no choice but to end ugly... :unsure: for Shannahan... hmmm.... I know someone who always had to leave a relationship as the dumper...as opposed to possibly being seen as a dumpee... :rolleyes: so NOT worth it.

What would anyone think of Lasse Kukkonen, the guy's on waivers from PHI?

I seriously doubt Shanahan will be a Devil,it's more likely he will be a flyer or another market would just pop out of no where and pick him up,but on the subject of not needing him im not buying it,i think hes exactly what we need as well,we have tons of injuries,barely any scoring,our opponent is out scoring us,no team leadership,our team is very disfunctional right now and a veteran presents like shahan who still can score and skate and mix it up out there provide a spark wouldnt really hurt our team,bad news is i read somewhere Lou stating he is not or wasnt presuing Shanny because at the age 37 or 38 how ever old he is hes slowed down quite a bit not a fast skater any more,but we'll see.

if Lou really is interested... he's got issues.

For real - he's got a little problem with needing affirmation - or needing to project an affirming image for the organization. Holik coming back - that's as it should be - it made really good logical sense. Claude - well... now we see the context that all fits into.

It's like sometimes that's such a wonderful cleansing thing - like Holik and McLean... and NOT taking Claude NOW :giggle: all good -- all sage. It's just - it seems Lou will take a stupid chance on NJ vets almost to prove something... I'm still not sold on Rolston - but THAT is a "what harm can it do" choice I can live with.

Mogilny, Malakov -- see where that got us :doh1: Shannahan would be the same sort of choice. It has no choice but to end ugly... :unsure: for Shannahan... hmmm.... I know someone who always had to leave a relationship as the dumper...as opposed to possibly being seen as a dumpee... :rolleyes: so NOT worth it.

In fairness Mogilny was troubled with knee or leg injuries,Malakov i think just lost interest in hockey it self,Shanny i think is still totally opposite of those two

In fairness Mogilny was troubled with knee or leg injuries,Malakov i think just lost interest in hockey it self,Shanny i think is still totally opposite of those two

Shanny hasn't been the same since his concussion with Knuble three years ago. He is one hit away from retirement

HOPE IT HAPPENS! We got nothing to lose

:doh1:

Have you guys not learned from what the Rangers have done in the past? No. NO! Do not go for Shanny! Is he capable of scoring 20 goals? Yes. But he's too damn old and slow. Yes, he is a good sniper, but -- I hate to criticize ya -- but your MAJOR problem is (and a lot of you are going to disagree with me) is your blue-line.

Yes, you're not scoring goals...and yes, though it's a sad "excuse" it IS somewhat legitimate when you notice who's out. However, after the first period of the NY/NJ game, the Rangers were allowed to skate through the neutral zone unmolested and were denied any sort of pressure or physical crunches against the boards. Your first problem (which was clearly evident in the playoffs last year) is your blueline. Again, I agree that your lack of scoring is glaring, but I honestly think that is secondary to both your (again) blueline and SPECIAL TEAMS...yes, your PP is bad (as is ours) but so is your PK!

If the Devils get Shanny, I shall have a stable and fresh counter to how the Rangers use to buy "old, "has-beens" for their team. Because if you do this...you're no different...PLAY YOUR YOUNG D-MAN!

Why the hell is everyone so bent on getting Shanny?

This is just a overreaction to the major bleed out that has been this team the last 2 months.

Shanny would be a small band-aid on a giant wound. It may help for a bit but it will not fix the REAL offensive problems this team has which is GETTING THE PUCK TO THE NET...

Watch the ranger game from wednesday, (I was there secion 3) we couldn't even get through them to get to Lundqvist. Once we WERE there, we kept getting thrown off the puck, had to change lines due to short shifts/ the obediant line changes at the most opportune times (When we have scoring chances) or the uncanny ability to throw a puck straight at the logo of every single goaltender we face, as if when a devil touches the puck, it becomes magnetic and is attracted to the goalie and not the back of the net.

This team is getting older, we don't have many young kids and Sutter doesnt let the ones we do have play and get some ice time. What the hell can Vrana and Bergfors do with 6 minutes of time each game?

Our offensive issues will NOT be solved by signing a 40 year old washed up former devil.

It will be with rebuilding and changing the system to incorporate more offensive ideals and stopping this old school mentality that Lou has instilled in every single player on the team that has to change with the fact we are in the "New NHL"

All i said is he played with a different kind of intensity rather its scoring a goal or two or being a little physical to ralley up his troops,and he would be a good veteran leader/voice on this team,but like i said to sum up the poster who he was slow Lou was quoted in saying he wasnt interested in Shanny because he has lossed a great amount of speed and was in fact too slow

:doh1:

Have you guys not learned from what the Rangers have done in the past? No. NO! Do not go for Shanny! Is he capable of scoring 20 goals? Yes. But he's too damn old and slow. Yes, he is a good sniper, but -- I hate to criticize ya -- but your MAJOR problem is (and a lot of you are going to disagree with me) is your blue-line.

Yes, you're not scoring goals...and yes, though it's a sad "excuse" it IS somewhat legitimate when you notice who's out. However, after the first period of the NY/NJ game, the Rangers were allowed to skate through the neutral zone unmolested and were denied any sort of pressure or physical crunches against the boards. Your first problem (which was clearly evident in the playoffs last year) is your blueline. Again, I agree that your lack of scoring is glaring, but I honestly think that is secondary to both your (again) blueline and SPECIAL TEAMS...yes, your PP is bad (as is ours) but so is your PK!

If the Devils get Shanny, I shall have a stable and fresh counter to how the Rangers use to buy "old, "has-beens" for their team. Because if you do this...you're no different...PLAY YOUR YOUNG D-MAN!

We were playing our young d-men. Then Paul Martin got hurt and so did Andy Greene. I don't think the blue line was fantastic to begin with but Paul Martin is the best defenseman NJ has got right now and Andy Greene had gotten over his sophomore slump and was actually playing better. Sorry, but Brookbank is no replacement for either of them. I don't mind seeing Salmela back up but in this case I suppose what you are suggesting is that they throw Corrente in there before he is ready. I'd rather have them get their brains beaten in than play a kid before he is ready at the NHL level. I'm not suggesting they get Shanahan. But the Rangers also used to be famous for playing their prospects before they were ready when they were lousy and then blaming the prospects when they cracked. No thanks. Take the losses, don't make the playoffs if that's what is necessary and get the draft pick.

goals don't just appear out of nowhere. those 19 goals are coming out of the ice time of someone else, both on the power play and at even strength.

By getting that extra ice time he would be getting scoring chances that someone else is not converting on. I realize that Shanny is no Ovechkin when it comes to finishing, but he is better than what we have.

and then the "old fart" rule gets invoked and we lose cap space for absolutely nothing! BRILLIANT!

that rule would not get invoked.

devils26: the rangers' PP last year ran through shanahan. we saw how that went. he will score, what, 5 more goals? he gives all those back with his terrible skating speed, which is already a problem the devils have in spades.

that rule would not get invoked.

devils26: the rangers' PP last year ran through shanahan. we saw how that went. he will score, what, 5 more goals? he gives all those back with his terrible skating speed, which is already a problem the devils have in spades.

why not? I thought there was no relief on injuries to 35+'s who signed contracts as 35+'s.... didn't think if it mattered the number of years on the deal?

He had 11 PP goals last year, which is more than any Devil had last year, and every Devil besides Parise is on pace to get about 0 to 6 PP goals this year. He's not a great skater, I completely agree with you there...but give him limited even strength time and you will minimize the negatives that his game brings.