2009 World Series Champion Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really happy after this game tonight and last night. Please keep me happy yankees, and holy crap ramero pena(214) is hitting better then tex(209)

Actually Tex's has a better OPS (.743) to Pena (.496) although that is all a small sample size and doesn't matter a whole lot right now. Tex is always a slow starter so I am not worried about him. The fact that him being close to league average with a 96 OPS+ during his slump has me excited to see what he will do when he really turns it on and starts to get that slugging percentage up nearly .175 points from where it is at now. All those numbers don't reflect tonight's game which I missed again due to class.

Nice to see Joba put in a quality start. This is what you want, good pitchers to pitch more than just one inning in a game. B )

Swisher also continues to impress with his hot start. It won't keep up all year but I am loving that OPS over 1.000 right now.

i love Swish. but you're right, he's not gonna stay this hot all year. i just hope fans don't jump on him the minute he cools off.

Joba was great tonight.

i'm still worried about wang tho. i really hope they figure out why he's been so fvcking horrible

i love Swish. but you're right, he's not gonna stay this hot all year. i just hope fans don't jump on him the minute he cools off.

Joba was great tonight.

i'm still worried about wang tho. i really hope they figure out why he's been so fvcking horrible

I just hope most fans don't judge him by his batting average which it seems like the average fan will do and will make his cooling off seem even more harsh than it really will be. He is all about getting on base and getting extra base hits. The big thing for Swisher is whether he is going to be the .262/.381/.455/.836 guy from 2007 or the .219/.332/.410/.743 guy he was in 2008. So far he is off to a great start and I still expect him to be more like his days with the A's rather than his one season with the White Sox, which I think was somewhat of a fluke.

I'm midly concerned about Wang, I am confident he can turn it around. I will be somewhat shocked if he isn't pitching well by the end of the year. Still, if Hughes can build upon this start and continue this good trend he has had going since AAA last year and the AFL, the Yankees may be blessed with the problem of having too many good pitchers. Although I am sure someone else will get hurt at some point this year.

oh yea. i'll never complain about having too many good starters. i'm not jumping on the Hughes wagon yet. i was so excited about him last year and we all know how that turned out. It'll take more than one good start for me to trust him again, but i really hope it happens.

and i with Wang, i'm not giving up on him either. He's been too good to go down like that

What a game, that was awesome. Hopefully Swisher's injury is really just a day to day thing.

I had to listen to this on the radio, which I hate doing. I can't stand John and Susan. They are good for a gem though....

To sum it up, Jeter made two good plays in the field which led to dialogue like this...

Susan: Those who say Jeter is a bad shortstop didn't see the two plays he just made.

John: Well those that think Jeter is a bad shortstop don't watch the games or they don't know anything about baseball. (laughs) What a combination!

Awful announcing at its finest. Then again we all know they enjoy using the "useful"l stats like Batting Average RBI for hitters and ERA, Wins to evaluate pitchers, especially with small sample sizes too, and that they won't touch on fielding metrics. Hey, at least they don't call those metrics "potions" like Fatcessa.

Edited by thefiestygoat

What a game, that was awesome. Hopefully Swisher's injury is really just a day to day thing.

I had to listen to this on the radio, which I hate doing. I can't stand John and Susan. They are good for a gem though....

To sum it up, Jeter made two good plays in the field which led to dialogue like this...

Susan: Those who say Jeter is a bad shortstop didn't see the two plays he just made.

John: Well those that think Jeter is a bad shortstop don't watch the games or they don't know anything about baseball. (laughs) What a combination!

Awful announcing at its finest. Then again we all know they enjoy using the "useful"l stats like Batting Average RBI for hitters and ERA, Wins to evaluate pitchers, especially with small sample sizes too, and that they won't touch on fielding metrics. Hey, at least they don't call those metrics "potions" like Fatcessa.

LMAO. i can't stand them either

they're getting to be unbearable to listen to

i will have susan's job one day, mark my words

only i won't be as stupid and annoying

I had to run out the other night during the game against the Angels. I refuse to listen to Ma and Pa Yankee. Sterling is a clown and has lost touch with any reality. I can't believe I used to mute the TV when I was younger and listen to Sterling and Kay on the radio back when the games were on MSG. Now both of them can't go away soon enough. Susan I just mentally block out. She serves no purpose other then having a annoying voice.

Here is a good laugh

Edited by Top Shelf

I had to run out the other night during the game against the Angels. I refuse to listen to Ma and Pa Yankee. Sterling is a clown and has lost touch with any reality. I can't believe I used to mute the TV when I was younger and listen to Sterling and Kay on the radio back when the games were on MSG. Now both of them can't go away soon enough. Susan I just mentally block out. She serves no purpose other then having a annoying voice.

Here is a good laugh

:rofl::rofl:

that's great

like i said... that WILL be my job one day. and i promise you now i won't be that annoying lol

:rofl::rofl:

that's great

like i said... that WILL be my job one day. and i promise you now i won't be that annoying lol

Hey you two chuckleheads go back to post 286 thru 289...looks like deja vu all over again.

If Tex does not start hitting soon, perhaps he will be called "The Tex Hex"

He was starting to hear the boo birds this weekend.

But he has always been a slow starter. I'm not to worried about him just yet.

Kinda reminds me of the Tino situation when he first got here and struggled.

ez go yankees! any news on rain? I haven't been following at all...

Rain delay right now.

Reggie Jackson Yankeeography is on in case you haven't caught it the first 12,000 times YES has shown it.

Edited by Top Shelf