3) Tex 1B

4) Rodriguez 3B

5) Posada C

6) Matsui DH

7) Nady RF

8) Cano 2B

9) Cabrera/Gardner CF

Forgot Nady in the original

You knew something was up when Cashmoney said that Swisher would be the opening day 1B.

Starting to look like a baseball team.

Edited by PeteyNice

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do we have here......

1) Damon LF

2) Jeter SS

3) Tex 1B

4) Rodriguez 3B

5) Posada C

6) Matsui DH

7) Nady RF

8) Cano 2B

9) Cabrera/Gardner CF

You knew something was up when Cashmoney said that Swisher would be the opening day 1B.

Or an all-MLB allstar team :blink:

Who knows maybe this will open the door for the Mets to sign Manny, but i highly doubt it since they were never interested in him anyway.. i just hope this doesn't fvck up our plans to get Lowe.. now that Boston blew signing Tex they probably will focus on getting Lowe. :rant:

1) Damon LF

2) Jeter SS

3) Tex 1B

4) Rodriguez 3B

5) Posada C

6) Matsui DH

7) Nady RF

8) Cano 2B

9) Cabrera/Gardner CF

Next up Manny :whistling:

1) Damon LF

2) Jeter SS

3) Tex 1B

4) Rodriguez 3B

5) Posada C

6) Matsui DH

7) Nady RF

8) Cano 2B

9) Cabrera/Gardner CF

No Swisher? Pretty good option off the bench I guess.

Edited by devilsrule33

I do not understand the Damon hate for his offense (defense, sure). He had the second best OBP on the team last year and hit over .300. What more do you want?

I was surprised to see how good a season Damon had last year - it's hard to remember anyone having a good season, especially with the wretched years Jeter, Cano, and Cabrera had.

Damon had a .330 BABIP last year - he's not going to do that again. Couple in decline with age and you've got the makings of another .270/.351/.380 type season. That's just not very good for a left fielder.

I was surprised to see how good a season Damon had last year - it's hard to remember anyone having a good season, especially with the wretched years Jeter, Cano, and Cabrera had.

Damon had a .330 BABIP last year - he's not going to do that again. Couple in decline with age and you've got the makings of another .270/.351/.380 type season. That's just not very good for a left fielder.

I expect .332 37 hrs and 121 RBI's from our LF next season.....hint hint

blah blah blah, mets fans can't say a damn thing about spending money.

Oh boy here we go with the payroll comparisons.. :lol:

....Oh wait I think they changed just a bit this year? no?

(your acknowledgment of the 80's and and manny are agreeable though.. i would give him a 3 year deal max though, i wouldn't say hes that worthless that you should stay away from him because hes a detriment to the outfield; thats a bit ridiculous considering what he does with his bat)

Edited by nmigliore

blah blah blah, mets fans can't say a damn thing about spending money. you had your chance to be the dominant NY team in the 80s and missed.

ramirez is a terrible option for LF. he gives away so many runs with his defense.

The difference between the Mets and Yankees payroll is enormous so why wouldn't they be able to say anything? I'm not big on the payroll arguments because there is no rule against spending whatever you please but if people do want to look at it these two teams are in completely different boats.

I am thrilled that they signed Teixeira. He is one of the guys I wanted from day 1 of the offseason. I first heard the news while sitting in traffic at work listening to the FAN. Needless to say I was fist pumping and screaming yeah baby!

The outfield situation is interesting now. I wouldn't be shocked to see one of Damon, Nady, Swisher, or even Matsui moved in a trade, although at the moment I like the depth they have, even though everyone is pretty much a corner OF and they lack a real CF.

The difference between the Mets and Yankees payroll is enormous so why wouldn't they be able to say anything? I'm not big on the payroll arguments because there is no rule against spending whatever you please but if people do want to look at it these two teams are in completely different boats.

the mets had their chance to grab the city, at least for a while, but gave it away with terrible GM moves in the late 80s and early 90s. the kevin mcreynolds deal, the frank viola deal, signing a bunch of players past their prime - what i'm saying is that in an alternate universe the mets have close to enough money to compete with the yankees financially but squandered it. (4 world championships for new york recently helped).

And yet the Yankees are asking for money for the stadium.

There is nothing inherently wrong with that. The city prospers just as much from a new stadium as a team does if not more so. It also has nothing to do with what it costs to pay their players. The city should foot some of the bill considering all of the money they will make in taxes alone just from the building of the stadium. Every team should ask the city for money when building a new stadium.

I knew they would get Tex or Manny. It was pretty much obvious the way it lingered on for so long. It's exactly like the Damon deal.

There is also no luxury tax next year due to it being the first year of the stadium so it was the right time for the Yankees to strike like this. Next year, Damon, Matsui, and others are off the books.

I love this move more than either of the pitching moves. A-Rod and Tex at the corners for years. No Yankee fan has any right to moan right now. They went for the jugular. Now make it happen on the field.

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/st/archives..._sign_cash.html

The Yankees New York Yankees stole another player away from the Red Sox on Tuesday, though Boston will hardly bemoan the loss of Kevin Cash as much as it did watching Mark Teixeira take, well, the Yankee cash and run to the Bronx.

The Yankees did not announce any signing, but they did come to terms with Cash on a minor league contract that will pay him $700,000 if he plays in the majors, The Post has learned.

He is insurance in case Jorge Posada Jorge Posada does not recover quickly and/or well from shoulder surgery and if prospect Francisco Cervelli is not ready to jump in. Cash will essentially be filling the role of veteran security blanket provided last year by Chad Moeller.

Insane! $420 MILLION spent on only THREE players (CC, Burnett and now Teixiera). :puke:

Yep that's the Yankee$ alright. Sad, just sad.

So much for the recession.

:giggle: No. It's not sad. It's brilliant. You cannot look at these deals in their entirety. There is no guarantee any of them play out their full contracts, and in the case of Sabathia, he can opt-out in 3 years. The Yankees dont have the farm anymore, this is the only way they can win now and there is virtually nothing on the market in 2010.

The Red Sox also got reamed in the piehole with this deal, for being chump change (considering their moneybags, 10 to 15m is chump change) short.

What's funny is that they wiped 90m off the payroll after this season... in signing Tex, Burnett and Sabathia they are STILL almost 30 million below what they were at last year.

In essence: They've changed Giambi to Tex, Abreu, Mussina, and Pavano into Sabathia and Burnett for CHEAPER :giggle:

I would bet they add one more player before this is over. Probably a lower tier outfielder.

LF Johnny Damon

SS Derek Jeter

1B Mark Teixeira

3B Alex Rodriguez

DH Hideki Matsui

RF Xavier Nady

C Jorge Posada

2B Robinson Cano

CF Melky Cabrera

That's gonna be bringing some pain!

To add salt to the wound:

Aside from the Red Sox, the Brewers and Blue Jays also lose here. Each team's draft pick from the Yanks is pushed back one round - the Brewers get a second-rounder from them for C.C. Sabathia, the Jays get their third-round pick for A.J. Burnett.
Edited by ghdi

blah blah blah, mets fans can't say a damn thing about spending money. you had your chance to be the dominant NY team in the 80s and missed.

ramirez is a terrible option for LF. he gives away so many runs with his defense.

Agreed. Is there a stat for a fielder's runs given up vs. his runs batted in? There are so many asinine stats nowadays, anythings possible :P