2009 World Series Champion Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

yankees_2.jpg

Great Win for the Yanks. Hard fought Series. Congrats to Phillies for a successful season.

Now let the celebration begin! This one's for George. Let's get #28 next Season! B )

Edited by Beezer34

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all the Yankees fans on the board, especially Fiesty and MB.

Thanks very much man! It means a lot! Once again I apologize if I was ever a jerk in this thread to you or anyone else. I'm not perfect and my emotions get the best of me which I need to work on. This team has made me unbelievable happy!

... quick thought, then bed. How do you think Moose must feel right about now? -_-

I remember one writer said (I don't remember which) that he's the rotten meat in the sandwich of the 2000 and 2009 titles. sucks for the bull moose, he should have stuck around

I've been too excited and happy to sleep but I'm really going to try. Before I go to bed I was just thinking about all the guys on this team. One guy that popped into my head is Wang. I am truly happy for him to get this championship. Sure he couldn't contribute much this year but he had been such a rock for them the past few years he really deserves this ring as much as anyone else. With his career hanging in doubt its nice to see him get a title to his name.

One guy that popped into my head is Wang. I am truly happy for him to get this championship. Sure he couldn't contribute much this year but he had been such a rock for them the past few years he really deserves this ring as much as anyone else. With his career hanging in doubt its nice to see him get a title to his name.

The other guy along with Chien-Ming, is the X-Man. If it truly means his career is over, I'm glad Xavier Nady walks away with a Championship ring. He's always been a 'team first' type player, and has really played for some awful teams in seasons past.

I tell ya, of all the Fat-Cat NAME$ that were brought in over the years since our last World Series. The acquisitions purchased that never delivered, the Bobby Abreu, Carl Pavano, Randy Johnson, Gary Sheffield, Pudge Rodr

I want to go but I think I'll decide to against it just since I can catch the parade on tv with probably a better view than if I was there. Plus I'd probably end up having to go alone since none of my friends close by are Yankee fans and I don't feel like hanging out in NY by myself for 5-6 hours until the parade starts.

I want to go but I think I'll decide to against it just since I can catch the parade on tv with probably a better view than if I was there. Plus I'd probably end up having to go alone since none of my friends close by are Yankee fans and I don't feel like hanging out in NY by myself for 5-6 hours until the parade starts.

I wish I could go, but I have to be at football by like 3 for pre-game dinner, and I know I wouldn't make it back in time.

Ah well, last night was awesome! :D

The game was awesome, the crowd was subdued almost like they expected the Philles to come back. Was surprised when they won no fireworks or anything - maybe they can't but I was amazed about that. The prime rib sandwich from Lobel's (sp?) was great although not worth the 30 minute wait!

haha me and my friend got to ny penn by msg and had no idea where to go other than broadway but we didnt know which way to go to get there. for 20 minutes we were following around yankees fans seeing if they knew where they were going. out of sheer luck, we turned on to 6th ave (ave of the americans?) at about 29 street, then kept walking down about 30 blocks until we got close to a turn for the brooklyn bridge then went left then up again partly because we were just following the crowd. it was such a great adventure. we didnt even care that much that it wasnt our team, getting there was the accomplishment. not that we could see anything either, we ended up seeing a little bit in the far distance and watching the big tv. part of it was because we, being mets fans, understand that with our luck we;ll never see a mets one.