F*ck Al Trautwig

95Crash

The Devils had a chance to sign with the Mets' network and instead chose to re-up w/MSG (probably for more $$$, so I understand) for a very long-term contract. I hate Trautwig as well and see the same bias you do but NJ management had a chance to get the team away from it and chose not to do it.

Well I'm happy with that decision. I mean, MSG has MSG+, which the Devils basically co-own with the Islanders at this point. Yes, we have to deal with Ranger garbage sometimes, but it's much better having 2-3 (really even 4 some nights) channels vs. SNY which is only one. I get MSG and MSG+ in Jersey and when I'm at school in Syracuse, NY, and it even goes further than that. So the Devils made the right decision.

The Devils had a chance to sign with the Mets' network and instead chose to re-up w/MSG (probably for more $$$, so I understand) for a very long-term contract. I hate Trautwig as well and see the same bias you do but NJ management had a chance to get the team away from it and chose not to do it.

And come April, they will get bumped for a meaningless Mets/Reds game.

And come April, they will get bumped for a meaningless Mets/Reds game.

Then people have to accept that they will (a) get bumped to a third channel occassionally on MSG and (b) also have to put up with commentary from people hired by a network management that runs their biggest rival. Apparently, at least (b) is a big problem for people around here. (a) is usually a problem as well, when it happens. The solution was not to re-sign with MSG when that opportunity arose, and the team didn't take it, so complaints about Trautwig and his brethern are actually something that you should lay at the feet of NJ management. They made the decision to stay with MSG. Trautwig et al are what you get.

I know we all hate Trautwig he really is a just a big jerk. You also forget Rosen and Micholetti as well. Chico and Doc are the most unbiased announcers in hockey. Doc is the best, period. Many games I have listened to Chico and Doc commets about how good players from other teams are et Carter, Richards, Price, Queenie Lundquist, Crosby, Satan etc you get my message. Some of you may criticize Chico but he adds a certain dimension to the game almost like he is talking to the fans one on one. Yet never once will you hear any of the other douche bags comment on how good Parise and Patty are in the clutch or what a great game Marty played.

Dugay is an idiot, and Trautwig I'd like to see Dano smack him right on that bald head. You have forgotten Fishler another MSG ass wipe picks his words carefully especially against the Rags. Hey they pay his salary.

I know we all hate Trautwig he really is a just a big jerk. You also forget Rosen and Micholetti as well. Chico and Doc are the most unbiased announcers in hockey. Doc is the best, period. Many games I have listened to Chico and Doc commets about how good players from other teams are et Carter, Richards, Price, Queenie Lundquist, Crosby, Satan etc you get my message. Some of you may criticize Chico but he adds a certain dimension to the game almost like he is talking to the fans one on one. Yet never once will you hear any of the other douche bags comment on how good Parise and Patty are in the clutch or what a great game Marty played.

Dugay is an idiot, and Trautwig I'd like to see Dano smack him right on that bald head. You have forgotten Fishler another MSG ass wipe picks his words carefully especially against the Rags. Hey they pay his salary.

The Devils are fine on MSG+

The Islanders should move to SNY since they wont have any playoff games pre-emept the Mets. :giggle:

Hahaha, And Mr oh lala Sasoon himself, AKA Bon Jovi look a like !

I can just imagine Duguay going into a hair salon with a picture of Jon Bon Jovi in a sad attempt to seem young and hip.

Dano and Goring are old school hockey guys (I loved how they basically called Markov a wimp), and I have no idea how they put up with that guy.

Hahaha, And Mr oh lala Sasoon himself, AKA Bon Jovi look a like !

Sheeet, I though I was the only one who remembered that jerk commercial. Now that you mentioned it I can still see him dancing in those jeans. BTW he still has that 1979 haircut and the John Travolta Saturday Night Fever wardrobe. Maybe he has threesomes with Trautwig and Avery throw in Lundquist to boot

Holy sh!t, Al Trautwig is unbearable! The Devils just beat Montreal in OT, and MSG Network bypasses the Devils postgame show to go to Hockey Night Live. The first topic Trautwig wants to dicsuss is Sean Avery, which isn't a problem. But then he starts off by saying, how can Avery get six games for an off-color remark but a Devil elbows an Islander and only gets two games?

I dont see whats wrong with that because 1. he's right, and 2. Its the topic of the week, so what if mentions a little something on it before getting to highlights? I think the show is excellent and Trautwig is one of the more professional and knowledgabale nhl hosts in the country.

Edited by devlman

I dont see whats wrong with that because 1. he's right, and 2. Its the topic of the week, so what if mentions a little something on it before getting to highlights? I think the show is excellent and Trautwig is one of the more professional and knowledgabale nhl hosts in the country.

Actually, I didn't have a problem with Al Trautwig getting into the Avery topic first, before discussing that night's game. I even said as much in my initial post. I also don't doubt Trautwig's hockey knowledge. He's been around the game long enough. I can tell he has enough insight into the game to warrant his position as host of the Hockey Night Live roundtable discussion. So I'll he agree with you that he's knowedgable.

The main reason why I don't much care for Trautwig -- and more specifically the Hockey Night Live program -- is because of his weekly penchant for throwing zingers at either Ken Daneyko in the studio, Chico Resch on the monitor, Devils fans, and/or the Devils organization in general.

I can't explain it any better than Skeeter did, so I'll quote what he said in one of his posts:

Every episode of that show seems to be a "let's gang up on Dano" theme, and Dano just shrugs it off like a loveable loser. ... It's like MSG's mission is to make the Devils and their fans and announcers (other than Doc) look stupid every chance they get.

If his picking on a NJ Devil was limited to just this one instance, I wouldn't have had much of a problem with it, since the proper length of Motteau's suspension was debatable.

But the reference to the Motteau hit was just one of many jabs Trautwig has thrown Daneyko's and the Devils' way. He has done it countless times.

Because of that, I don't find Trautwig to be professional at all.

And it is lucky for him that both Dano and Chico are too nice -- or professional -- to throw it back at him on his own program.

Edited by 95Crash

Actually, I didn't have a problem with Al Trautwig getting into the Avery topic first, before discussing that night's game. I even said as much in my initial post. I also don't doubt Trautwig's hockey knowledge. He's been around the game long enough. I can tell he has enough insight into the game to warrant his position as host of the Hockey Night Live roundtable discussion. So I'll he agree with you that he's knowedgable.

The main reason why I don't much care for Trautwig -- and more specifically the Hockey Night Live program -- is because of his weekly penchant for throwing zingers at either Ken Daneyko in the studio, Chico Resch on the monitor, Devils fans, and/or the Devils organization in general.

I can't explain it any better than Skeeter did, so I'll quote what he said in one of his posts:

If his picking on a NJ Devil was limited to just this one instance, I wouldn't have had much of a problem with it, since the proper length of Motteau's suspension was debatable.

But the reference to the Motteau hit was just one of many jabs Trautwig has thrown Daneyko's and the Devils' way. He has done it countless times.

Because of that, I don't find Trautwig to be professional at all.

And it is lucky for him that both Dano and Chico are too nice -- or professional -- to throw it back at him on his own program.

I just dont see the zingers you say he throws towards Dano and the Devils. Referring to the Mottau hit isnt a shot at the Devils because, as you agree, the length of Mottau's suspension was debatable. Plus, if you didnt have a problem with them talking Avery's suspension then bringing up Mottau was relevant.

I just dont see the zingers you say he throws towards Dano and the Devils. Referring to the Mottau hit isnt a shot at the Devils because, as you agree, the length of Mottau's suspension was debatable. Plus, if you didnt have a problem with them talking Avery's suspension then bringing up Mottau was relevant.

With the Mottau hit, I believe the complaint is that he said something like, "why does one man get 6 games for saying something, and a Devil elbows an Islander in the head and only gets 2?"

I also remember last year's "And we'll be answering email's from Devils fans, if there are any."

Unfortunately for me, my memory isn't all that great -- I'm bad at telling jokes that I heard a second ago because I have hard time remembering them word-for-word -- so I am unable to relay each and every instance in which Al Trautwig said something in a negative way toward the Devils.

I just sense a condescending tone from him many times when he discusses the Devils with Daneyko and even Chico sometimes when he has him on the monitor before and after games. To me, Al gives off the impression that he thinks Dano and Chico are a couple of Devils homers whom he can't take seriously when they discuss the team. Now believe me, I understand that to a certain extent, both of those guys are homers. They are both ex-Devils, and they both obviously want the team to do well. But unlike many other teams' broadcasters/commentators, Dano and Chico at least try to be critical and fair. Yet I don't think Trautwig takes them seriously at all. And I guess that rubs me the wrong way.

Just for the record, I should say that I'm not one of those Devils fans who is always coming up with some conspiracy theory that the MSG Network and Dolan are trying to sabotage Devils broadcasts. I've heard the theory -- mentioned in this forum -- that MSG Network turns down the volume on Devils home games so we can't hear the fans' cheers as much. I kind of find that hard to believe.

But I do think that MSG gives short shrift to the Devs and that much of their broadcast team openly laughs at us, despite all the success we have had in recent times.

I also remember last year's "And we'll be answering email's from Devils fans, if there are any."

There you go! That's one I had forgotten!

Edited by 95Crash

Unfortunately for me, my memory isn't all that great -- I'm bad at telling jokes that I heard a second ago because I have hard time remembering them word-for-word -- so I am unable to relay each and every instance in which Al Trautwig said something in a negative way toward the Devils.

I just sense a condescending tone from him many times when he discusses the Devils with Daneyko and even Chico sometimes when he has him on the monitor before and after games. To me, Al gives off the impression that he thinks Dano and Chico are a couple of Devils homers whom he can't take seriously when they discuss the team. Now believe me, I understand that to a certain extent, both of those guys are homers. They are both ex-Devils, and they both obviously want the team to do well. But unlike many other teams' broadcasters/commentators, Dano and Chico at least try to be critical and fair. Yet I don't think Trautwig takes them seriously at all. And I guess that rubs me the wrong way.

Just for the record, I should say that I'm not one of those Devils fans who is always coming up with some conspiracy theory that the MSG Network and Dolan are trying to sabotage Devils broadcasts. I've heard the theory -- mentioned in this forum -- that MSG Network turns down the volume on Devils home games so we can't hear the fans' cheers as much. I kind of find that hard to believe.

But I do think that MSG gives short shrift to the Devs and that lots of their broadcast team openly laugh at us, despite all the success we

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Trautwig is constantly trying to throw Dano under the bus. He always makes fun of Dano as a player and treats him like a big dumb lug, when, in fact, Dano is probably the best analyst they've got on that show. He usually laughs it off, but you can tell that he's pissed.

Case In Point: Trautwig made some condescending comment this week about how Dano never scored a playoff goal or something. Dano then reminded him how he scored against Ed Belfour in 2000, with a real "fvck you" tone in his voice.

Trautwig is constantly trying to throw Dano under the bus. He always makes fun of Dano as a player and treats him like a big dumb lug, when, in fact, Dano is probably the best analyst they've got on that show. He usually laughs it off, but you can tell that he's pissed.

Case In Point: Trautwig made some condescending comment this week about how Dano never scored a playoff goal or something. Dano then reminded him how he scored against Ed Belfour in 2000, with a real "fvck you" tone in his voice.

Yeah thats true. They always pick on Dano.

With the Mottau hit, I believe the complaint is that he said something like, "why does one man get 6 games for saying something, and a Devil elbows an Islander in the head and only gets 2?"

If he said that then thats uncalled for.