Ken Daneyko GW Jersey for Sale

KC Devil

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should've known who would snatch it up...great to see it went to a decent guy and not a midget. :giggle:

Matt

Thanks pal. :giggle:

Yeah, you'd think $12,000 on a jersey would curb him for a bit. :blink:

Speaking of midgets, the auctions they ran saved me alot of $. MeiGray's Black Friday sale which the Devils didn't play and the Holiday Sale which wasn't to my liking sale terms wise, also helped save for something better.

Edited by SJP20

Thanks pal. :giggle:

Yeah, you'd think $12,000 on a jersey would curb him for a bit. :blink:

Speaking of midgets, the auctions they ran saved me alot of $. MeiGray's Black Friday sale which the Devils didn't play and the Holiday Sale which wasn't to my liking sale terms wise, also helped save for something better.

Yeah, I wasnt to thrilled with the holiday sale either...Hopefully they will start taking pre orders for the Devils soon. We'll see what kind of prices we are looking at for this year.

Yeah, I wasnt to thrilled with the holiday sale either...Hopefully they will start taking pre orders for the Devils soon. We'll see what kind of prices we are looking at for this year.

I think the best way to get a clue is to look at the teams that are already up on the site. I think there's a few already. I just looked at Edmonton because of the 3rds.

I think the best way to get a clue is to look at the teams that are already up on the site. I think there's a few already. I just looked at Edmonton because of the 3rds.

I wonder if Meigray has taken the economy into effect, it would be nice if they did!

I wonder if Meigray has taken the economy into effect, it would be nice if they did!

There much hyped sale after Black Friday really didn't generate much in terms of sales dollars I would think. The best deal buy one get one at 60%? Usually if it is good, people post on the forums "anyone want to go in on $500.00 sweater?", but I didn't see any this time.

I wonder at what point that the majority of collectors wait until the sales to buy items and not a lot moves a regular price, (if this hasn't happened already)?

I've found that MeiGray when they are busy (and when aren't they according to them) will be more than happy to take your money for an order, but after it has left the building, I see you get placed on the back-burner. Love the standards they set, but some of the business practices leave a lot to be desired as of late.

Lastly, Rob at MeiGray spoke to me for a good while about their last summer sale while I was in line. He sat down beside me looking exhausted and asked what I thought. I said I thought the summer sale was more than generous and they did not have to have one at all. However, the I explained I like several Devils collectors were disappointed that at the previous sale they sold all (a lot of it) their newer Devils items to Bob West less then three months before the sale. Bob West raised the prices on almost everything and then when it didn't sell he sold it all back to MeiGray. Now MeiGray has it listed with the asterick and it is never going to be on sale.

I also explained to Rob that it kinda' sucks that you never know what the sale will be until you get there at the expo. Why I understand that marketing weeks or even a month in advance would only cause people to stop buying until the sale... I highly doubt one week before the event to be a problem. They usually close one or two days to do inventory and list items with the sale price for those who come in for the summer sale. Sadly none of the sales had me buying anything over $200.00 and other collectors claim the sales used to be a lot better.

I know they sit on a huge inventory so why not move it and make something. Call me crazy, but that is what I do. I'd love to know what they buy the sweaters for from the teams. I wonder if it is a package deal or by player. I would assume a package deal, but I don't know with players like Brodeur, Ovechkin and Crosby. I just wonder...

Yeah those Bob West jerseys are a killer on meigrays site. He should take all of those jerseys back and put up his buy one get one sale for those. Its really not right what he did, considering that there are a lot of Devils collectors out there.

I agree, but i see it both ways.

IMO, from a collector standpoint, the timing of that sale to West was bad business by MeiGray in terms of public eye. Of course, we're pissed and see it as a money grab over the interests of collectors so close to the Summer Sale. I'm sure West got a discount, but he would have gotten that in July, anyway. But, with people that have more $ then brains it's hardly shocking.

From MeiGray's standpoint, it was a pure business transaction. If we we're in their shoes we probably would have done the same thing when you consider it's a business to sell jerseys. But, i would have told West if you want them that bad then you'll want them during the Summer Sale too.

My wish in this hobby is that West sits on every jersey he's bought from MeiGray over the years or takes a substantial loss on them. West was a parasite of greed and gluttony that thankfully is no longer active in the hobby as a yearly buyer/seller. West took jerseys that MeiGray couldn't sell at full price or 50% off and had the nerve to add 20% onto them.

Edited by SJP20

Unreal this is from gameworn.net

"Hi everybody,

As many of you know, Bob has a number of items consigned with MeiGray.

Bob and I discussed yesterday, and MeiGray will announce early next week, a big holiday sale in which collectors will be able to purchase at significant savings Bob's great jerseys.

All of us at MeiGray wish all the best and have our thoughts and prayers pointed at Bob and his family.

Regards, Barry"\

BWEST has a new son who is in need of some medical help, so I guess we will be able to get some of those jerseys for cheap after all.

Obviously we all didn't want these circumstances to occur, but I am sure we will take advantage of it in order to help Bob and his family.

Yeah those Bob West jerseys are a killer on meigrays site. He should take all of those jerseys back and put up his buy one get one sale for those. Its really not right what he did, considering that there are a lot of Devils collectors out there.

MeiGray allowed the initial sale and then after they didn't sell, they bought them back. I can't figure that one out. Now they just sit and sit... I made an offer for a well marked Lags one at the summer sale and was told before they even called Bob (which they did not) that it was way too low... A few months back Bob made a post about make offers on all his sweaters consignment included... I just don't understand.

I wonder what the sale will be... if it is anything near the holiday sale, I'd pass... Why buy two when you may want only one. Oh well...

Edited by Chorske17

I'm thinking it might be a buy one get one. I jumped at this same sale that he had a couple of summers ago. I got my Langenbrunner and Madden 25th jersey for $900 all together which was a good deal.

I'm looking to add a Parise and a bunch of Paul Martins so hopefully the sale will be good.

I'm thinking it might be a buy one get one. I jumped at this same sale that he had a couple of summers ago. I got my Langenbrunner and Madden 25th jersey for $900 all together which was a good deal.

I'm looking to add a Parise and a bunch of Paul Martins so hopefully the sale will be good.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's Buy One Get One or maybe even 50% off. Then I can finally get the white Friesen I've been wanting!

If it's buy one get one Matt (and you only want one), we can go in together if you want.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's Buy One Get One or maybe even 50% off. Then I can finally get the white Friesen I've been wanting!

If it's buy one get one Matt (and you only want one), we can go in together if you want.

I might need a partner in this one. My brother isnt on board due to finances, I'll have to see what the sale is though.

Sounds good, we'll figure something out.

Does anyone know if the 05-06 Mogilny jerseys and the 03 Cup Finals Red Friesen are Bob West's?

I really hope it's at least 50% or Buy One Get One...

They must be. I remember browsing through his site when he had all of the Devils on it, and the list of jerseys was endless. I do recall seeing a Mogilny on there though.

The Parise rookie jersey disappeared from meigrays site :angry: .

Edited by 3CUPSN9

Sounds good, we'll figure something out.

Does anyone know if the 05-06 Mogilny jerseys and the 03 Cup Finals Red Friesen are Bob West's?

I really hope it's at least 50% or Buy One Get One...

Jordan we can chat on this subject, but I would have to get the approval of "the man" known as KC Devil as I'm paying off a Lags 2003 Final from him.

I'm torn. There's nothing i really want bad as i've changed my focus away from newer shirts and my personal feelings toward the whole gluttony of buying these jerseys out from collector's noses and submitting them back for resale only to collect dust.

On the other hand, a real good sale/deal i may buy as many as i can. Anything less then 50% and i'm out. I don't know, this is sudden and unfortunate. Cup jerseys are special to have, but i can't justify paying that kind of $ for shirts worn in a few games, especailly with vintage deals to be had.

I'm torn. There's nothing i really want bad as i've changed my focus away from newer shirts and my personal feelings toward the whole gluttony of buying these jerseys out from collector's noses and submitting them back for resale only to collect dust.

On the other hand, a real good sale/deal i may buy as many as i can. Anything less then 50% and i'm out. I don't know, this is sudden and unfortunate. Cup jerseys are special to have, but i can't justify paying that kind of $ for shirts worn in a few games, especailly with vintage deals to be had.

Agreed.

The cup one is very special to me like a Pando would be for you unknown poster. I'd like to concentrate back on the guys from late 80's and early 90's... I find those few and far between. I was stupid and sold a Semak Devils to a guy for $500.00 and it had good wear. I liked it but didn't love it until it left my hands. I doubt the collector would sell it back. At least I got a good deal on it. I find the vintage stuff from the 80-90's to be hard to come by. I don't see too many 89-90's, 90-91's, 91-92's, 92-93's, and hardly any 93-94's (which strikes me as odd). 94-95's seem to also be very few and far between. I own the only one I've ever seen. It has a plate change, but I actually like it despite initially saying, "UGH!!!!!!!!!!" because I like both players who wore it.

Love to know what you guys have seen in those ranges. I know a ton of Devils stuff exists out there and I know a guy who has some who doesn't post anymore, but god knows where the rest is. I wish I could see it just to see what is out there and get hope. I know I'm bringing some big bucks for Devils sale this coming year and a sweater Ken called me about last year will be coming "home"...

Jordan, how do you know? Nothing was emailed or posted yet??

Just by coincidence, I had emailed Bob about a day or so before news of the potential sale came out to make an offer on a jersey. He replied and said that he was actually in discussions with MeiGray to have a sale of his consignment jerseys. I asked him what the terms of the sale would be, and he just got back to me today and said it would be 35% off.

Very disappointing.

Just by coincidence, I had emailed Bob about a day or so before news of the potential sale came out to make an offer on a jersey. He replied and said that he was actually in discussions with MeiGray to have a sale of his consignment jerseys. I asked him what the terms of the sale would be, and he just got back to me today and said it would be 35% off.

Very disappointing.

So much for "significant savings" as reported by Barry.

When you factor in he marked up jerseys anywhere from 10-20% from MeiGray's cost, it's a joke.

Besides, with MeiGray's commission, he probably couldn't go more then 35% anyway.

Edited by SJP20

So much for "significant savings" as reported by Barry.

When you factor in he marked up jerseys anywhere from 10-20% from MeiGray's cost, it's a joke.

Besides, with MeiGray's commission, he probably couldn't go more then 35% anyway.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. That's not going to be enough to motivate people to buy.

What is MeiGray's commission anyway? I don't understand why he sent all of his Devils to them. He could've done better himself.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.