Ken Daneyko GW Jersey for Sale

KC Devil

The population report is out.

I still have no idea which games my jersey was worn in. Pandolfo wore 2 set 1's and they don't give the break down of which games he wore them in.

I think its BS that they are letting players wear more than one jersey per set.

Typically they wore both sweaters during all games in set. Meaning he might have worn one sweater for the first period and the second for the third period. Generally, the players with multiple sweaters usually complain about the moisture build up due to sweat. Thus the reason they might change a sweater half-way through a game, before the second period, before the third period, or wear one per period. It all depends on the players...FYI.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The population report is out.

I still have no idea which games my jersey was worn in. Pandolfo wore 2 set 1's and they don't give the break down of which games he wore them in.

I think its BS that they are letting players wear more than one jersey per set.

I have a red Set 1 and he switched during periods, not each game. So each jersey was worn in every game, but at some point he switched. Players that did this practice was due to the amount of sweat and moisture. There were a few other Devils that did this as well.

I have a red Set 1 and he switched during periods, not each game. So each jersey was worn in every game, but at some point he switched. Players that did this practice was due to the amount of sweat and moisture. There were a few other Devils that did this as well.

So in essence there was not point in switching to the new edge jerseys? Weren't they supposed to prevent all of this build up?

I don't recall there being more than one set from the "old" reebok jerseys. However I could be mistaken.

So in essence there was not point in switching to the new edge jerseys? Weren't they supposed to prevent all of this build up?

I don't recall there being more than one set from the "old" reebok jerseys. However I could be mistaken.

I guess in terms of Pandolfo and the others it's based on their personal needs. Remember, the set 1 jerseys did not do the job they were supposed to with wicking sweat and moisture, thereofre the switch to 2.0 material.

The jersey you own i actually pre-ordered and cancelled it when i saw how clean it was when i went to pick my orders up. Now, i dont know which one you have but the one i looked at and had was literally brand new.

I guess in terms of Pandolfo and the others it's based on their personal needs. Remember, the set 1 jerseys did not do the job they were supposed to with wicking sweat and moisture, thereofre the switch to 2.0 material.

The jersey you own i actually pre-ordered and cancelled it when i saw how clean it was when i went to pick my orders up. Now, i dont know which one you have but the one i looked at and had was literally brand new.

Yeah, mine doesn't have much wear, but there is some. There is a nice puck mark on the back letter P, a small shoulder repair.

Do the 2.0 show more wear? I haven't picked up any of those yet...

Certain player have worn more than one sweater prior to the new "Edge" system. Amongst those I know about are Todd Bertuzzi, Brian McCabe, and some goalies...

The "Edge" system was supposed to "wick" moisture away from the sweater, but that moisture had to go somewhere so it went into pads, gloves, and skates. Emergency!!! Edge 2.0 is introduced because a large percent of players complained about the sweaters not really working. New panels were put into the sweaters and some adjustments, but basically it is the Edge sweater still. Currently I know they are at least on the Edge 2.5 per Rich Matthews. The 2.5 as he said it gave more room in the elbow and forearm and a few other tweaks. Not sure where the NHL is now.

I'm dying to here what they say about the sale!

I actually ended up speaking to Stu and we cleared things up between him and I. Apparently he was not getting his email because of the server. MeiGray has a new server and that problem should be fixed. He stated that he didn't contact me because he did not have any information. Stu also appologized for sending the helmet before he had the photomatch, not having me send the helmet back so he could photomatch versus the pictures I sent him, and for skipping past me by accident on the emails.

At this point Stu had recieved a call of importance so he had to go. I did say I might talk about the sale, but truthfully I didn't get a chance. I was going to bring it up and mention it to him and get his thoughts on the subject, but really I was speaking to the wrong person about it.

If I did my Math correctly the sale for a Colin White is not 35%, but 22.5% off MeiGray's price. I think all the prices will vary, but should be right around this amount.

Here we go unknown poster!

Heh, you guys are trouble :uni: But, you know what, it's the truth. If he wants to sell and needs the $ he's gonna have to understand that 35% is nothing especially since there was a markup placed taking most out of market value currently. Sure, Barry gets a cut, but Barry said he's giving 5% back.

Heh, you guys are trouble :uni: But, you know what, it's the truth. If he wants to sell and needs the $ he's gonna have to understand that 35% is nothing especially since there was a markup placed taking most out of market value currently. Sure, Barry gets a cut, but Barry said he's giving 5% back.

Sweaters are moving far below their previous values. It is a buyers market just like the housing market. If I cannot move a Lags 02-03 for $300.00 than... Well, I did get an offer for $280 shipped. I almost said he could go F himself, but I was cool. I understand there is no harm in asking, but people that go to a yard sale and ask "will you take a dime for this; it's marked a quarter." C'mon people. I offered a hell of a deal so don't go trying to get me to go lower. While I need money, I don't need it that bad.

I would think Barry and the ever invisible Mr. Gray (who is the other part of MeiGray) have decided to give back to Bob West the 5%. It is nice and very generous. Everything is generous MeiGray does in terms of sales and such as they do not have to give any. However, the prices are not what any of would say is a good deal. I think MeiGray wants to keep the percieved value high on it's sweaters as if they allowed them to discount all them, I think it would have a dramatic and somewhat negative effect on the hobby. With that said, I suspect more sales. Perhaps Presidents Day, Tax Rebate Day, Obama's proposed stimulus check sale, or anything else you can think of, but I suspect they will have some more sales. Your guess is as good as mine.

I'd love to come up with a sale they could offer that make everyone happy. Doubt I can, but MeiGray would do good to do something. I highly doubt more than twenty people take advantage of Bobby West's 35% er... uh...Less than 35% sale. I'm not afraid to voice my issues and I know unknown poster isn't either.

I am most interested in the Set I Elias. Love to see the wear!

Matt

Check out my webshots...The jersey has some nice puck marks, and some strange markings on the back. I still have no idea what they are. unknown poster though that it might be from markers, but who knows.

Contact me off here and tell me what you would be interested in taking for the sweater.

I'm not afraid to voice my issues and I know unknown poster isn't either.

Problem is in this hobby is those who voice issues and use free thought are the ones that are hung in the town square. There is a mob mentality in this hobby to attack, discredit and name call those that see through the B.S. and dare to question the otherwise unquestionable.

Too many vets that yearn for the old days because "things were done that way back then". Not to mention those who think the forum and hobby is their personal playground for their self righteous, holier then thou, greater good ways of thinking.

Problem is in this hobby is those who voice issues and use free thought are the ones that are hung in the town square. There is a mob mentality in this hobby to attack, discredit and name call those that see through the B.S. and dare to question the otherwise unquestionable.

Too many vets that yearn for the old days because "things were done that way back then". Not to mention those who think the forum and hobby is their personal playground for their self righteous, holier then thou, greater good ways of thinking.

I think several people exist in the hobby besides us who see THRU the fog. Both young and old, veteran and non. The difference is they won't post it (well understood why), but they will talk in shadows of the forum or in email... However, they choose to avoid the problem because of the scarity of dealers in the hobby, the lack of proof, and mostly because of the reaction and/or response to the issue spoken of. I know there are others through chatting with them. Two collectors and one dealer are amongst those who openly spoke to me about the issues they see present.

Look at this fool who replied over on gameworn.net....it's taking everything in me to not post a reply. This could get ugly.

ungrateful people....sad, very sad...disappointing also- put yourself in Bob's shoes for a day or two

It's not that we're ungrateful, but like we've said over and over, if Bob was in that bad of a situation, and if he needs money that desperately, he could afford to offer a little bit better of a discount, especially considering he marked up all of his jerseys.

Edited by JWomp

Look at this fool who replied over on gameworn.net....it's taking everything in me to not post a reply. This could get ugly.

It's not that we're ungrateful, but like we've said over and over, if Bob was in that bad of a situation, and if he needs money that desperately, he could afford to offer a little bit better of a discount, especially considering he marked up all of his jerseys.

which post? I don't know of which one you are talking... check your mail.

Nevermind found it... PRICELESS.... OH PRICELESS... Someone should (or hopefully will) post about the mark-up (politely) and then be neutral to the whole thing. It should open eyes... Eyes Wide Open and I don't mean that Tom Cruise movie with Nicole Kidman...

I can't wait for the hail storm...

THe pool with no water comment... I think I woke my sleeping wife laughing.

Edited by Chorske17

Nevermind found it... PRICELESS.... OH PRICELESS... Someone should (or hopefully will) post about the mark-up (politely) and then be neutral to the whole thing. It should open eyes... Eyes Wide Open and I don't mean that Tom Cruise movie with Nicole Kidman...

I can't wait for the hail storm...

Jwomp, do not go getting yourself into any trouble, although I do not see anything wrong with your post.

That's what i was saying earlier. If anything gets posted that is a tad bit critical, you're going to get some greater good fool popping up out of the woodwork. Besides, i wonder if this Danny Ramsey dude bought anything?

West is probably taking about a 45% loss on the shirts in the end. But Jordan hit the nail on the head. If West can have a buy one get one in the past, why not now since he needs the $ that badly?

I said it once before and i'm cynical enough to believe it. I think since i've been so openly critical about him with the Devils, i wonder if he gave them to MeiGray out of spite so he knows they won't ever get discounted like his regualr website sales.

That's what i was saying earlier. If anything gets posted that is a tad bit critical, you're going to get some greater good fool popping up out of the woodwork. Besides, i wonder if this Danny Ramsey dude bought anything?

West is probably taking about a 45% loss on the shirts in the end. But Jordan hit the nail on the head. If West can have a buy one get one in the past, why not now since he needs the $ that badly?

I said it once before and i'm cynical enough to believe it. I think since i've been so openly critical about him with the Devils, i wonder if he gave them to MeiGray out of spite so he knows they won't ever get discounted like his regualr website sales.

His family came home today or yesterday didn't they? I thought I saw that in a post.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.