GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7PM

nick17112

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too lazy to rewind -- anyone get an update on Travis?

says he's good to go, just didn't want to rip open the stitches to his face in the 3rd. Looked like he has a fat lip but doesn't look like a game changer. I think he just caught a good one on the chin, maybe lost a tooth.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't in tomorrow.

Ok, I've read a million things from people who were there tonight, but what was the % of Devils to Ranger fans tonight? The sound on MSG+ was terrible and they really muted the fans. The only time it seemed like a lot of Ranger fans were there was when they tied it (obviously). Also, nice job on the YOU SUCK! during the goal song. That finally caught on tonight.

Ok, I've read a million things from people who were there tonight, but what was the % of Devils to Ranger fans tonight? The sound on MSG+ was terrible and they really muted the fans. The only time it seemed like a lot of Ranger fans were there was when they tied it (obviously). Also, nice job on the YOU SUCK! during the goal song. That finally caught on tonight.

dunno what the split was, but it was significantly less than the last game.

Definitely wild game, so glad it was the first I went to this year...really spirited but I was confident the whole time. Just kept saying "we're no Carolina, we're going to win". As soon as we put our top line(s) out we put the game away. I was really glad with everything after that point. So glad I finally made it to a game and saw that one. Was just screaming "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" at the end right there. Devils really have some chemistry going.

Eh, I'd say tonight was 70-30. There really were quite a bit of Ranger fans there.

Also something I randomly noticed tonight was how small the inside of the arena is (not counting concourses and lounges) compared to others.

That's relative how expensive and difficult to get I tix at "devil's Party Salon"

And above all the Arena sits in good location nearby major transports lines, compare to the continental arena

Eh, I'd say tonight was 70-30. There really were quite a bit of Ranger fans there.

Also something I randomly noticed tonight was how small the inside of the arena is (not counting concourses and lounges) compared to others.

I've never really been sure of that (the size of the Rock). It seems really small, but I thought Corel Center/Scotiabank Place/whatever they're calling it this week, was very small from the inside, too.... especially the lower deck. Was shocked when I realized it was a 19,000+ seat arena. I think the steepness gives it an illusion of lack of size, when a place like MSG, which is flatter, looks bigger but doesn't sit that many more people.

Thought this would be a good spot to share photo's I took @ the game.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81148513@N00/...57611128515829/

how was the skate after the game? i thought about it but didn't bring my skates to work so didn't have the chance. maybe next game if it was good

what a game! I am drained after last nights game.... but it was GREAT to beat the Rangers like that, finally the Rangers fans were quiet in our building!!! What a way to shut them up with 8 goals!!!! Nice work Henrik! LOL Maybe you can find bigger pads and you wont let up 8 goals! LMAO!!

RANGERS SUCK!!!

The guys on "NHL on the Fly" referred to the team as the "Run and Gun" and "exciting" New Jersey Devils.

Stick that in your injured arse Chris Higgins!

Yea I was there.. A lot of fights, but the fights in the real game devils won (well besides zajac lol) overall good game by the devils .. just need to get rolston started but wow that combination of elias - zubrus - and gionta has just been on FIRE :koolaid:

Yea, Rolston still not quite there. Some bad penalties and sloppiness.

One of the most impressive things about the Devils scoring. They are 8th in the league with 3.04 goals per game yet their PP is at 13.8%. The 7 teams in front of the Devils have an average of 23.1.

If the Devils can get their PP going, things are going to get a lot easier.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Devils' even strength play will regress to the mean - even with these two lines flying the way they are, eventually they will all hit a rough patch. However, if Sutter would actually consider just using his even strength lines on the power play instead of these crazy combinations (Clarkson on the LW?), maybe things would pick up there too.

This doesnt get old....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AtYB...ype=team_report

Devils 8, Rangers 5: Calling this one a wild one would be a major understatement.

The Devils blew a 5-1 lead to their nemesis, the Rangers, Friday night in Newark, then needed 11 seconds to get the lead back. They subsequently broke the game open for a second time with three goals in 3:38.

Patrik Elias, on the 12th anniversary of his first NHL goal, broke the tie and Brian Gionta followed 35 seconds later. Soon after, Jamie Langenbrunner connected and the Devils had put eight pucks past Henrik Lundqvist, who had never allowed more than three in a game to New Jersey and had yielded two or fewer in 19 of 20 regular season starts against the Devils.

how was the skate after the game? i thought about it but didn't bring my skates to work so didn't have the chance. maybe next game if it was good

I rented skates

(JUST BE SURE THEY ARE SHARPENED... mine weren't... nor were the dope in the Drury's jersey... him falling all over HAS to be on youtube somewhere!)

it was cool to skate on the practice ice (had done this in Columbus in 2000 also)... I'll do it again when I have energy to burn off!!

BUT OH MY GOD WE WALKED TO THE CAR ALONE IN NEWARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

:P