Sunday's game

MadDog2020

I would like to thank the idiots in the NHL scheduling office for scheduling a big divisional game against the Flyers for 1:00 on a Sunday during the most crucial stretch of NFL football not only for my team, but for many other people who's teams are currently embroiled in divisional/playoff races. Hat's off. :rolleyes: Morons. That is all.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to thank the idiots in the NHL scheduling office for scheduling a big divisional game against the Flyers for 1:00 on a Sunday during the most crucial stretch of NFL football not only for my team, but for many other people who's teams are currently embroiled in divisional/playoff races. Hat's off. :rolleyes: Morons. That is all.

Tivo dude

Tivo dude

Yeah man I know, I have to DVR it. But it still sucks because as a huge NFL fan, I want to see all the late games and the Giants-Carolina game too. Sundays during football season are like religion for me and many other football fans out there. It just sucks because the game on Sunday is a big one for the Devils and I wanted to watch it live.

Alternately, I'd like to thank the NHL for only scheduling one Sunday game for New Jersey this season up until now. The league cannot avoid Sunday, much as it would like to.

Actually two- 11/9 vs Edmonton and 11/23 vs. Tampa. But I digress. :P

You seriously want the NHL to revolve around the New Jersey Devils schedule around the Miami Dolphins schedule?

You seriously want the NHL to revolve around the New Jersey Devils schedule around the Miami Dolphins schedule?

I didn't say the Dolphins' schedule specifically. The NFL schedule. Sunday, 1:00, late December. Stupid time to schedule a game. BTW- the Giants were supposed to be playing at 1 before the game got moved. This would severly affect attendance.

Don't go to the Devils game... it's a no-brainer... I already sold my tickets :P

Alternately, I'd like to thank the NHL for only scheduling one Sunday game for New Jersey this season up until now. The league cannot avoid Sunday, much as it would like to.

Yes it can, it's 17 Sundays of the season.... don't schedule US teams to have home games on those days it's VERY simple, and if you do... don't bitch that no one is there, it's simply moronic to schedule a game against a sport that's popularity DWARFS you and there is NO reason for it

(not to mention there's another home game the first week of the football playoffs... even MORE genius there)

Any Devils fan worth their own salt would not choose watching football over attending a Devils game on Sunday. If you do so, don't bitch and moan and then take offense when people insult our fanbase based on attendance and support.

How many NFL games are there in a season for a single team? How many NHL games are there in a season for a team?

LOL, my playoffs start this weekend. Championship weekend for me is the last week of the season.

Move it up a week. Too many starters on playoff teams ride the bench last week of the season. Sucks to make it to the championship and watch your starters get benched.

Oops, fantasy has its own forum...

If someone thinks sitting at home pounding beers and snack food while playing fantasy football means more then coming and supporting the Devils, then that pretty much speaks for itself.

Okay, when you want to lend me money for tickets and travel let me know. Of course I'd rather be at a live Devils game, but not everybody is that lucky.

Yes it can, it's 17 Sundays of the season.... don't schedule US teams to have home games on those days it's VERY simple, and if you do... don't bitch that no one is there, it's simply moronic to schedule a game against a sport that's popularity DWARFS you and there is NO reason for it

(not to mention there's another home game the first week of the football playoffs... even MORE genius there)

It's not 'very simple'. Teams don't like Monday night games either, they are typically the worst attended. So now you've just removed 2 days and nights from the NHL schedule, which is already an incredibly complicated monster.

Sunday attendance isn't half-bad, as 731 notes. I bet they get a solid crowd in there for that game. It's not the best time, but you said 17 Sundays - what about the playoffs? There's 4 more Sundays. And 2 Saturdays. You can't schedule entirely around the NFL - you can try, and the NHL does a pretty good job of it, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

Don't go to the Devils game... it's a no-brainer... I already sold my tickets :P

LOL I don't have tickets bro, so that isn't the problem. My problem is we're playing the Flyers at the same time the Dolphins will be fighting for their playoff lives. On an unrelated note, I do have tickets for tomorrow's game, but we're supposed to get 10 inches of snow. I can't win lol.

Any Devils fan worth their own salt would not choose watching football over attending a Devils game on Sunday. If you do so, don't bitch and moan and then take offense when people insult our fanbase based on attendance and support.

You obviously don't have any long-standing alleginace to a football team, so that's very easy for you to say. As much as I love the Devils, this is crunch time in the NFL and the Dolphins game is ahead of the Devils on Sunday in terms of importance. The hockey season has 4 months to go after this. Football season has two weeks left. Do the math my friend.

If someone thinks sitting at home pounding beers and snack food while playing fantasy football means more then coming and supporting the Devils, then that pretty much speaks for itself.

Does it now? How about if you live and die with a team since you're 7 years old, and they happen to be playing their biggest game in 5 years? How does that speak? Don't sit here and bash football fans just because YOU'RE not a football fan.

Edited by MadDog2020

You obviously don't have any long-standing alleginace to a football team, so that's very easy for you to say. As much as I love the Devils, this is crunch time in the NFL and the Dolphins game is ahead of the Devils on Sunday in terms of importance. The hockey season has 4 months to go after this. Football season has two weeks left. Do the math my friend.

Then i do not want to hear any one bitch and moan around these parts when the media, papers and other team's fans take shots at this team's fanbase and support.

And yes, i stopped watching football somewhere in the mid-90's for a laundry list of reasons.

Does it now? How about if you live and die with a team since you're 7 years old, and they happen to be playing their biggest game in 5 years? How does that speak? Don't sit here and bash football fans just because YOU'RE not a football fan.

Bingo. I'm fortunate that the Jets don't play till 4:15 so I can watch both games, but if I was going to the Devils game I would have missed the first half of the Jet game and I'm not going to do that.

I do think the NHL should avoid scheduling games in the same city at the same time a NFL home game's being played (it would have been a ridiculous conflict for Devil/Giant fans if the Giant game had stayed at one) but yeah I doubt they can avoid the day entirely.

Then i do not want to hear any one bitch and moan around these parts when the media, papers and other team's fans take shots at this team's fanbase and support.

You really like to argue for the sake of arguing don't you? There is a slight difference in the level of importance of each game, it has absolutely nothing to do with fan support. It would be the same thing the other way if you're talking about a late-season Devil game versus an early-season Met game. If I choose to watch or attend a March or April (playoff) Devils game as opposed to say watching the Mets in Game 10 of the season does that make me any less of a Mets fan?

Watching your favorite team in another sport doesn't make you any less of a fan of the other teams you root for. There is a such thing as prioritizing when there's overlap though.

Edited by Hasan4978

And yes, i stopped watching football somewhere in the mid-90's for a laundry list of reasons.

yeah i agree 100%. if people don't show up to one game, then they have no right at all to complain about the other 40 where people don't show up. basically if you don't go to this game and instead watch football, you hate the Devils and love Mark (N)Єverson.

LOL, you're kidding right? You realize football is the most pouplar sport in the country by a wide margin right? This means that the same dilemma in just about any other US market could pop up on a given Sunday right? Think about this for a second: If the Flyers had a 1 PM home game on a Sunday in late December the same day the Eagles were playing at 1 PM in a huge game with playoff and division implications, do you know how many people would be at the Flyers game? The place would be a ghost town. It has nothing to do with the Devils fan base and support. Wake up bro.