Medical Thread!!!!

njdevil26

Considering what's wrong w/ my parents, I don't want to complain to them for not feeling well...

Anyone give me a clue about what may be going on w/ me?

I'm tired all the time.. besides game nights I go to bed at like 7:30 or 8. Almost fell asleep during the game last night... and anyone that knows me knows that that is not like me at all...

I've been getting random headaches and bloody noses... and a painfule pressure feeling around the eye/nose area...

Then when I sit down I get a tingly sensation in my chest on the left side... not painful but really weird and uncomfortable...

Besides this instance, let's talk about our ailments!

Edited by njdevil26

Considering what's wrong w/ my parents, I don't want to complain to them for not feeling well...

Anyone give me a clue about what may be going on w/ me?

I'm tired all the time.. besides game nights I go to bed at like 7:30 or 8. Almost fell asleep during the game last night... and anyone that knows me knows that that is not like me at all...

I've been getting random headaches and bloody noses... and a painfule pressure feeling around the eye/nose area...

Then when I sit down I get a tingly sensation in my chest on the left side... not painful but really weird and uncomfortable...

Besides this instance, let's talk about our ailments!

I would maybe go to a doctor for that dude. You don't wanna mess around with head and chest issues. The headaches could be sinus related or something, but if you don't have a history, it's a good idea to get it checked out.

As for me, I think I'm getting a fever, which makes perfect sense because school's over and the last bad weekend of work is coming up, so I'll actually have free time. Plenty of time to sit in bed and feel miserable for the holidays. Sigh.

Mono.

I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. :evil:

I'm sorry, that made me absolutely crack up... anyway... I should probably go to the doc... both my parents have cancer so when I cough I think I'm coming down with something life threatening. But this hasn't been fun.

Mono? Really? I know kissing isn't the only way to get it... but I haven't been w/ a girl since the ex and I broke up a few months ago... (August).

I would maybe go to a doctor for that dude. You don't wanna mess around with head and chest issues. The headaches could be sinus related or something, but if you don't have a history, it's a good idea to get it checked out.

As for me, I think I'm getting a fever, which makes perfect sense because school's over and the last bad weekend of work is coming up, so I'll actually have free time. Plenty of time to sit in bed and feel miserable for the holidays. Sigh.

Yeah I'll have to get to a doc. My sis wanted to know if I was snorting coke... pleasant...

Feel better man. Fevers are no fun. At least you can make people get you soup!

Damn, you better go to the Emergency room at your local hospital if it continues. I wouldn't let it go that far. Better safe than sorry. The symptoms you have are not good and if it was myself, I would be taking myself to the ER.

Never had Mono, but you may have some of the symptoms.

Go get checked as you may have caught something when you were in Philadelphia the other night. :P

Feel better man.

Bloody nose: It's the weather, very dry right now.

Headache/Tired: I'm thinking stress related whatever the case may be whether you know it or not you could be very stressed.

Tingly sensation....drink more it'll go away :)

Anywho that's how I feel so take it for what it's worth.

In all honesty I don't go to the doctor worth sh!t so I know where you're coming from. This time of year you get alot of ailments you normally wouldn't experience so unless you feel like death just deal. That's what I do but then again I smoke a pack a day, drink like a fish and eat like sh!t...so maybe not the best advice :)

Go see a Doctor. You leave alot of variables out. Any discomfort, (not necessarily pain), in the chest is reason enough. Any cough? If so, are you bringing any discolored, or blood streaked sputum with it? What makes the symptoms worse? Does anything make them better? Smoke? Drink? How much would you sleep if you you didn't have anything else to do? What meds do you take now? All these questions... and more should be asked by the Doctor you should go see, ASAP. If you don't have a Dr. go to the hospital and be triaged.

If it's nothing serious they'll "fast track" you, and you'll be out in no time. They cannot refuse you treatment.

You can pay them $10 a month, if thats all you can afford. If its more serious, no better time to know than now. Hopefully, it's just a touch of the flu. Go. Now.

The uncomfortable feeling is my chest which is not necessarily pain. It seems to happen when I am sitting down. (dinner table, driving, couch)

I don't smoke ciggs or do ANY drugs. I drink a few beers here and there but never a heavy amount.

Someone mentioned stress? - YES. x10000000

I have been coughing but it is because of post nasal drip which I get this time of year all my life.

As far as sleeping goes, ask anyone here... I don't sleep much. I've created a few threads trying to find people to talk to late at night because I'm never sleeping. That was when I was away at college, however, when everything was screwed up and my stress was at its highest.

Meds- I take Celexa- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celexa

At this moment my father is trying to figure out where to take me since our medical insurance coverage just changed due to him being appointed the NJ State Real Estate Commish... we are on the state's health care plan now. We were previously on Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Most likely I'll have an appointment on Monday, unless things get worse I'll go right to Overlook in Summit

As usual I'm reluctant to see a doc. I jumped up and spoke w/ my father about it as soon as people here started scaring me into thinking I have mono :headless chicken:

Edited by njdevil26

Bloody nose: It's the weather, very dry right now.

Headache/Tired: I'm thinking stress related whatever the case may be whether you know it or not you could be very stressed.

Tingly sensation....drink more it'll go away :)

Anywho that's how I feel so take it for what it's worth.

In all honesty I don't go to the doctor worth sh!t so I know where you're coming from. This time of year you get alot of ailments you normally wouldn't experience so unless you feel like death just deal. That's what I do but then again I smoke a pack a day, drink like a fish and eat like sh!t...so maybe not the best advice :)

I'm not supposed to drink w/ the medication that I'm on. But I do. Not a lot.

Then I start shaking haha.

I'm not supposed to drink w/ the medication that I'm on. But I do. Not a lot.

Then I start shaking haha.

Um drinking while on medication is NOT the right thing to do. :doh1: It can give you a heart attack. The shaking should be the first sign that the two don't mix. Stop the drinking and go to the ER before it gets worse. IMO, you have already wasted a lot of time and you should go to the ER or at least go to your family DR. if you have one.

Edited by SatansDevils

Are you really tired during the day? Do you snore alot? Ask someone who really knows. Did the symptoms come on rapidly, or did they develop over time? Don't fear the worst. Ockham's razor says you'll probably be okay, but that's still no excuse for not having yourself checked out.

I apologize in advance for my poor grammar, being that I work nights, it's Wild Turkey time.

Get some peace of mind, and see a Doctor.

Edited by Unholygoalie