warm ups on games day

siko

At the Rock, what time do warm ups generally start and end? Taking my Grandpa to Friday's game and wanted to get there early to check them out.

Thanks,

Siko

Well when you get the they usually come out around when the timer hits 15 minutes left, after the 15 minutes of practice theres usually all the game video's and lists of scratches and starters playing than the players come out and the anthem starts.

My educated guess would be around 6:30ish on a 7:00 game day, if anyone else could confirm this it'd be helpful, but I'd say get there around 6:30 and you should be able to see it.

Well when you get the they usually come out around when the timer hits 15 minutes left, after the 15 minutes of practice theres usually all the game video's and lists of scratches and starters playing than the players come out and the anthem starts.

My educated guess would be around 6:30ish on a 7:00 game day, if anyone else could confirm this it'd be helpful, but I'd say get there around 6:30 and you should be able to see it.

Why do they warm up so late now? Didn't they used to warm up a lot earlier? I noticed that at the last Devil game I was at.

The teams hit the ice with 16:00 minutes left on the clock. Intermissions are around 17 minutes, assume the same for after warm-ups. Now subtract those times from a 7:05 start and the start of warm-ups is around 6:32 B ) (I'm usually there so early, I'm late if there's "only" 30 minutes left until the end of warm-ups.) :noclue:

The teams hit the ice with 16:00 minutes left on the clock. Intermissions are around 17 minutes, assume the same for after warm-ups. Now subtract those times from a 7:05 start and the start of warm-ups is around 6:32 B ) (I'm usually there so early, I'm late if there's "only" 30 minutes left until the end of warm-ups.) :noclue:

Yeah i'd agree with that time. Yeah whoever goes with me to the game always complains that we get there so early but it's fun being at the arena and talking to fans and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you allowed to go down and watch the teams practice before game time? I usually sit upstairs and never tried going down to ice level to watch practice. I'd like to take pics up close if I could.

Are you allowed to go down and watch the teams practice before game time? I usually sit upstairs and never tried going down to ice level to watch practice. I'd like to take pics up close if I could.

Yea if the usher asks just tell them you are just going to watch warmups, but I think they usually don't ask anyway.