NHL 2009

LaCava83

Have a 360 as well... this is my first EA title since about 2006 when I stumbled upon 2k sports excellent game where you could actually skate backwards on their game back in the day before EA caught on... LOVE the 2k hockey and am split on how I feel about who is better. Each has unique features, I wish the other one would have. PM me if you want my tag. I'm not on a ton, but when I am I look to play for competitively, but in the end it is just for fun.

2k won me over in 2005/2006 but NHL 07 was the turnaround for EA and the downfall of NHL 2k*.

NHL 09 makes 2k9 look like crap.

2K9 did a good job of making itself look like crap, really. I first picked up 2K in the year it first sold for 20 bucks...and now I'm so used to 2K controls that I have to re-learn EA controls, only with the analog stick controlling so much, it's a much longer learning curve.

Plus I kind of got hooked on being the goalie in Be A Pro, so I've abandoned learning how to, y'know, shoot the puck and stuff.

2K9 did a good job of making itself look like crap, really. I first picked up 2K in the year it first sold for 20 bucks...and now I'm so used to 2K controls that I have to re-learn EA controls, only with the analog stick controlling so much, it's a much longer learning curve.

Plus I kind of got hooked on being the goalie in Be A Pro, so I've abandoned learning how to, y'know, shoot the puck and stuff.

I actually really liked the goalie Crease Control in the 2k series.. that was kinda the only fun thing..

I have yet to try out the Be a Pro goalie mode yet

i guess im the only fool on ps3 looking for a club to join .....

I have a PS3 and love it

but I hate on-line games with a PASSION!

(makes note to self we need to actually PLAY that Madden 09 league we all drafted :rant:, not on-line, we draft teams and run a dynstay season or two)

if you guys are setting up another 360 team (the first one crashed and burned) send messages to me (goDUKE4) and Cracker5 (reck1essABAND0N) and we'll definitely join up.

I'll set it up later and I'll add you guys. Mine is Instant Phenom

aight I'll add you in about 2 min.

Hey.

Martysb3tter and I got in 2 games in before, after accepting your club invite (thank you!).

We won the first one in OT. I had a nice keep along the blue line (I play defense), gave it to our CPU left wing, who went around the boards and hit Martysb3tter who came up streaking in front of the net and ripped it top shelf.

1-0.

Next game, we play, we're tied through 2. Either they quit or the servers went down. Either way, we were handed a loss for someone reason?