GDT: New Jersey @ NY Rangers 7:30 PM.

SatansDevils

Can someone tell me how their was "nothing pretty about that goal" ? I thought it was a beautiful setup. I can't take these announcers!!

Because it got through PuffyPad's at his strongest!!!!

Don't worry Rosen's just pissed that he has to cover Lions Packers in Green Bay tomorrow :P

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win here tonight, we finished on our scoring chances and Pittsburgh and the Flyers lost :dance: We passed Pittsburgh for 6th (1 pt, with 3 games in hand), we are closing in on Philly (2 pts behind, but 2 games in hand) and now just 4 pts behind the Rags with 4 games in hand.

By the way, anyone know how the turnout of Devils fans was tonight?

Edited by welcometotherock

missed last night's game and only caught the 2nd of tonight's, but seems like business as usual in both games.

nice to see those non-fighting fairies voros and mara trying to run devils at the end of the game. if they had been more successful i am sure that wouldn't be forgotten.

HUGE goal by Parise in that 3rd period to seal the deal for the Devils 2nd win in a row over the NYR. :koolaid:

Zajac had one of his best games and that was is best goal of his career on that slapshot goal that Lundqvist never saw. Rolston is coming on now and had the 1st big goal of the game on the PP.

Clemmensen was HUGE in this game and one of his best games of the season. He was outstanding after he gave up that 1st soft goal. The Devils played a 60-minute game tonight and the PP and the PK played well even thought they gave up one on the PK. The SHG by Elias was big and the NYR 11th SHG given up most in the NHL.

Lundqvist giving up 12-goals in the last 2-games vs. the Devils. :giggle: Just a good road game for the Devils who plyed like they were pissed off tonight after losing two tough games in a row. Now they have two days to rest before they play St. Louis and then Dallas on New years Eve.

Not bad making the GDT for today and tonight. :P

A Devils win over the NYR. I guess the next time the Devils play the NYR maybe I will do another GDT. :evil:

Great game.. the 2 early goals really set a good tone.. Clemmer was outstanding in that 2nd period when the Devs had to kill off the 5 on 3.. The Rolston-Holik-Clarkson line didn't score but they had an excellent forechecking game; really tired out the Rags defense.. Very good game from Zajac he was a hound on the puck from start to finish.

It was also great to see Rolston finally score on a bullet from the point a PP!

Great night for Devils fans: all the Atlantic division teams lose their games except New Jersey (which beats its bitter rivals in their own arena)! :boogie: With all these games in hand, Jersey should take the lead in the division pretty damn soon and, hopefully, run away with it.

Man, I'm pumped after tonight's win. :) This team finally found a way to erase that Rangers complex. That's what I was thinking before the season: there were some more or less major changes in both rosters, with the Rangers losing Avery and Jagr and bringing past-their-prime veterans instead and the Devils signing veterans too, but not to horrible deals and also without losing any quality talent. So the tide should change too. I actually believed in that after the Devils managed to beat the Rangers twice in the pre-season, but there came the moments of doubt after the first two regular season Rangers games. Fortunately, it turns out there's no fvcking curse and this NJ team finally believes in itself, not having psychological trouble playing anybody.

And our defense has been great recently, plus Clemmensen is outstanding in goal. Just like everybody else said: if they keep playing like that and Parise and Elias don't fade, the Devils are going to be really tough to beat with rested Brodeur in net come playoff time.

Oh, forgot to mention it: surprisingly, the Rangers announcers seemed pretty tolerable to me tonight. Probably because Sam Rosen wasn't there. Man, he pisses the sh!t out of me when he does the play-by-play. I don't know who that relief commentator from the Rangers bullpen is, but somehow it didn't feel all that bad listening to him. Maybe that's because we won. The only comment I didn't really like was about how there was nothing pretty about Parise's goal. But hey, they are born losers and they know they and their goalie suck and are going to lose the game, so they look for anything negative to say about the Devils in retaliation. At that point I knew it was the icing on the cake and the game was settled, so I didn't care about the announcers anymore.

Edited by Revan

Got back from the game about 45 minutes ago and what a game it was! For everyone who said I wouldn't have a problem, they were right! My section (105) was about half Devil fans, so it was good times all around.

As for the game, it's been said a 1000 times, but Clem had a monster game, especially the end of the second. The man isn't doing anything Marty wouldn't have done, but he's earned the backup role if he keeps this up. The Devils have really developed some nice chemistry on the top 3 lines and look very strong at both ends of the ice. The Devs just need to improve their PP and the team would be phenomenal.

What can I say...I'm psyched!!! :koolaid:

It seemed like a fairly good turnout of devil fans at the game. Can anyone who was there kind of confirm that? I saw some clusters of devil fans throw up there hands when the devils scored. My friend, who lives in Brooklyn, always tells me there are alot of Devil fans in NY. I found that hard to believe, but he told me someone down the block from him owned an Oduya shirt. So I started to think it was possible. Anyway, great game for the team. And on a personal note, the victory made me feel a bit better being that I had a fever watchin the game. GREAT GAME!!!

What a great game tonight. The Devils played great and played 60 minutes. I can't believe the rags have given up 2 goals in 1:35 or less 7 times this season. Clemmer was great especially on the 5 on 3. We doubled our win total against them from last year. I think we got our confidence back that we can beat them.

Zajac is the newest Ranger killer. Hot damn.

GREAT game played by the Devils, just dominating the puck the majority of the game...it was beautiful. The only reason the Rangers got their second goal and all that momentum was because we decided to sit on our lead but then we realized that that would be hard to do with so much time left and brought it back home.

Edited by sameblood

sorry, i missed the game i was at a wedding. seems like a really nice win and im happy we got it going offensively again. I watched the highlights and i noticed Elias was playing with Langs. Were the lines any different tonight?

Edited by spyro

Fantastic game tonight by the Devils. A great all around effort, especially defensively. Zajac is a beast and I agree 100% that he is the new Ranger killer. The biggest part of the game was the goaltending of Clemmensen. He came up huge tonight,making incredible saves in the 2nd period as well as the third. He was very Brodeur like tonight and Daneyko said it best "Tonight was Scott Clemmensen's coming out party."

Also what do you guys think of Steve Cangialosi's play by play? I'm not a fan if I do do say so myself haha.