NFL Week 17

CRASHER

Well hot damn the NFL did get it right this time didn't they?? TONS of games with meaning this week... and three practical PLAYOFF games on the last week of the year... I don't know how I'm going to find my annual "hey give me two crappy teams I'd never watch but want to see since I won't see them until September" game... and oh by the way... did I mention the chance to see 0-16 be a reality??? Lots to get pumped up for!!!

Sunday December 28

1pm:

St. Louis at Atlanta:

Usually this is the crap game of the week... but with some luck the Falcons are the TWO SEED AND WITH A BYE :blink: ... that is kinda baffling, but Matt Ryan is for real and QB play is everything after all...not to mention if Atlanta loses it means a likely trip to Minnesota or Chicago (unless of course Arizona loses to Seattle... why not the Jets did :P)... I still don't know how to figure this out because you don't know what the Rams bring to the table... so i'll go with what I know.....

Prediction: Falcons

Game Quality: ** (no read on this one)

Patriots at Bills:

You'd like to think the Bills have some pride left, but I kinda think they did their job for the Chargers (funny how they came to help out the born-again Panthers fan who lives near San Diego), but the QB is weak the RB is beaten up....and the Evil Empire is still pulsing some life here.... I can't see the Pats not finding a way to pull this one out... few things in life that are constants... and the Patriots getting it DONE tends to be one of them, this won't be easy for the Jets/Dolphins at 4....

Prediction: Patriots

Game Quality: ** 1/4 (don't think the Bills have anything in the tank)

Kansas City at Cincinnati:

OH BABY HERE'S MY CRAP FEST OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!! Yancy Thigpen vs Rory Fitpatrick!!! Bring it on!!!!! Two teams with nothing to play for... Herm's out the door most likely... but this has the potential of watching this goofy game with 600 people in the stadium with a big-ass smile on my face and I'll watch this one!! Maybe I'm crazy and just addicted to crap football... but this one excites me!!! What's gonna happen in this one, that's the beauty of it... WHO CARES???

Prediction: Chiefs (leave it to Herm to screw them over and move up in the draft!)

Game Quality: *** (CMON, this will be fun!)

Bears at Texans:

Both teams want something on the line here... the Texans want to end the year at 8-8 (then again if they had showed up for the Raiders they would have!) and the Bears need to win to make the Vikings squirm this week, and they play at the same time so both of those teams are gonna have to go balls-out, the Bears do find a way to win these kinda games, but I think the Texans are a little better then their record... this will actually a damned good game!!!

Prediction: Texans (just a gut feeling)

Game Quality: **** (Good teams, something on the line... all you can ask for)

Giants at Vikings:

Minnesota wins, they're in the playoffs and the #3 seed.. they lose and Chicago loses, they are probably in and the #4 seed... but this one is a simple one to figure out... if Jacobs plays and a lot the Giants win... I don't think Jacobs is going to play and they let his wheel heal and you can see what you got giving the other guys the load.....

Prediction: Vikings (guessing on Jacobs not playing)

Game Quality: ***

Panthers at Saints:

Drew Brees needs 400-some yards to beat Dan Marino's passing yards record, and this is all the Saints got to play for today.... Carolina needs to win to get their bye week, and keep their momentum going (and don't take it the wrong way I am not for moral victories but the Panthers showed they can play in the cold , and keep with anyone... and I can't see them losing this one... Brees can still break the record and LOSE right?

Prediction: CMON PANTHERS!!

Game Quality: *** (damn I wanna watch THIS too)

Browns at Steelers:

Hi game for nothing at all... I'd say it's for pride but the Browns have none and less at QB now....and the Steelers are happy to get the 2-seed and take the cleat marks out of their horrible hankies that got stomped on last week! Not much to see here and less to talk about

Prediction: Steelers (you know the team NOT playing Ken Dorsey!)

Game Quality: DUD

Oakland at Tampa:

Where was this game last week when I needed the game from the Tampa D?? Tampa needs this game and lots of help to get in the playoffs and I don't see the Raiders winning two games in a row, and this game doesn't even have the charm of "wrestlecrap" appeal... so NEXT

Prediction: Tampa

Titans at Colts:

A game of "who puts the 2nd team in first"... oh hooray!! I hope the Titans play hard and keep things going I know the Colts won't and this is why they will lose next week, they take their foot off the damn gas and never get the momentum they earn all year long... rejoice Jim Sorgi fans he'll get much play this week and I'll go with seeing some Vince Young and the Titans playing hard for him....

Prediction: Titans

Game Quality: *

Detroit at Green Bay:

THE 0-16 DESTINY IS UPON US!!!!!!!!!!! Damn I am excited to see this legendary level EPIC FAIL!!! Have to say there is a good amount of pressure on the Packers here... disappointing year, idiots in the media saying it's Brett Favre whining his way out of town at to why (don't forget this team was 4-12 with Fraud at the helm the year before too)... and now do they want to be THE team to job to the Lions, who are the NFL's ultimate jobbers?? I would expect the Lions to play desperate here to avoid eternal infamy... but the Packers are just BETTER (remember the Lions blew TWO 17 point leads to them in game 1 this year)

Prediction: Packers

Game Quality: ***** (I am all about this!)

4pm:

Jacksonville at Baltimore:

The Jaguars will try and they put a helluva effort on the Colts (tells you something about the Colts too)... but I can't see it here...they don't got the guns to keep up with the playoff bound Ravens... and there's really too many good games on at 4 to care about this one.... start crying in your beers Jet fans.. no help to be found here!

Prediction: Ravens

Game Quality: *

Seattle at Arizona:

This is a must-win game for the Cards... they've forgotten how to win, how to play hard and how to compete and they need to try to put their foot on the gas and not look like a gimmie loss next week... and I think Seattle MAY have had their little Super Bowl next week, unless Seneca Wallace is really the next Superman like he might be because Mangina spent an hour telling us calmly about what a Super Athlete he is! Somehow I think Arizona finds it in their hearts to get a pass rush on this guy!

Prediction: Arizona

Washington at 49ers:

Oohhh... a who cares game to get pumped up about part 2!! The 49ers have played well under a coach with fire and passion, while the Redskin Second half has been a MASSIVE WTF-level of letdown (a bunch of it had to do with the physical breakdown of Clinton Portis though and a reverting of skills in Jason Campbell), that said I'm going with the team going the right way and sending a message to the rest of that awful NFC West to look out in 2009!

Prediction: 49ers

Game Quality: **

Miami at Jets:

You know the deal.. Miami wins and they are YOUR AFC East Champs! The jets win and they need a Baltimore or Patriot EPIC FAIL... the typical Jet fans watch both happen and the Jets lose too... it's possible... but I see it going the other way... all three teams will win and the jets will be our regardless, but this game to me is all about two things... the guy you TOSSED ASIDE for mister 19 interceptions is here and ready to bite you in the ass (take a 1-15 team and go to 11-5, and people can talk MVP as well as Comeback of the Year for Chad)... and the Jets coach and QB's reactions to the last few weeks... Favre sounds like a beaten old man who's spirit, fire and passion have been sucked away by not having the world around him suck his nuts every ten seconds (kinda saw the local media devouring him this year)... and not to mention (and I've been on this all week)... the PASSIONLESS GUTLESS ROBOTIC MUMBLINGS OF THE JET COACH!!!! Miss Mangina, what the hell are you doing... talking about effort and working hard... CAN YA BLITZ ONCE?? CAN YOU REMEMBER YOUR TEAM'S STRENGTH ON OFFENSE IS THE BILLION DOLLAR LINE AND THE BACKS!! CAN YOU SHOW A SHRED OF EMOTION IN A GAME BASED ON PASSION FIRE AND ENERGY???? Jesus I want the Jets to lose and the more I talk about Man-Moron I get angrier!!! He talks like he's whispering to his wife at a funeral that the guy who's dead was a real bag of douche!!!! The QB has given up, the coach is a robot... yeah... no chance here.....

Prediction: Dolphins (shocked right??)

Game Quality: *** (the Dolphins never beat anyone up!)

Dallas at Phily:

Oh man, there's a reason I did this one last... I'm putting it off .... as much as I ranted about the Jets, it's time to give the same to offensive "genius" Jason Garrett... this guy has NO FEEL of the game and going with what is working and he coaches like it's a video game... I wanna throw it down the field... I call Techmo Bowl Pass Play 1... GO... oh wait... Phily called it too... squash! The last three weeks we've been running the ball silly and he GOES AWAY FROM IT (would it kill you to call a PLAY ACTION ONCE A MONTH TOO)... not to mention the QB gives you NOTHING under the pressure (yes I'm sour on Danny White 2.0, but hell the Colts won a Super Bowl despite Peyton Manning once too)... don't get me wrong the Cowboys are good enough running the ball and playing defense to win these games they just REFUSE to do so... and now they go into the most hostile enviroment in sports, and play a team that will blitz the piss out of the game, they have a game changing RB who they use better then ANYONE, and a QB on a mission to tell his own fans to stuff it... this will not be an easy game, and each and every time I expect the Cowboys to come through in the clutch, they epic fail like my virgin friends with girls at the bar :P

Prediction: EAGLES

Game Quality: ***** (Romo will screw up big at the end and it will hurt and I will drink mighty)

8:15pm:

Denver at San Diego:

Ladies and Gentlemen... this is for the AFC West Championship!!

(somehow :blink: :blink: )

It's amazing how neither one of these teams wants it... when San Diego brings it's A game no one can match up to them... and this team seems to like to like Norv and they play BIG for Norv when it counts (they just can't maintain it over 16 games).. not to mention the Denver defense is still hideous, and I'd love nothing more then to see the hammer brought down on that weaselly douche Shanahan for guaranteeing the playoffs this year, I do think San Diego is the better team, they're home and they OWE Denver for that disaster non-fumble from Jay Cutler that almost ended their season back in September....

Prediction: Chargers

Game Quality: **** (they picked this game for a reason!)

oops!

I saw Jets/Dolphins kinda clicked on it and didn't realize I was in the wrong forum

someone fix me please!!! :giggle: :giggle:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I've learned one thing in all my years of Seahawks fan-dom, it's that they don't even know how to lose right. They could have just lost out the string and gotten a top five draft pick, but NOOOO, they have to be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, then suddenly start winning games. So I fully expect the Seapigeons to beat Arizona this week, finish 5-11, and start the neverending 7-9, 8-8, 9-7, 6-10 run of mediocrity all over again...

Didn't you say the Cowboys would get you all excited and blowit the last week? Haha looks like that might be true!

I said it 4 weeks ago when the run began before thanksgiving :P

I'm sticking to it!

If I've learned one thing in all my years of Seahawks fan-dom, it's that they don't even know how to lose right. They could have just lost out the string and gotten a top five draft pick, but NOOOO, they have to be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, then suddenly start winning games. So I fully expect the Seapigeons to beat Arizona this week, finish 5-11, and start the neverending 7-9, 8-8, 9-7, 6-10 run of mediocrity all over again...

I dunno

Arizona is NOT that good

the 49ers will be better

but Seattle had an ABSURD level of injury 7 WRs at one point :blink:

this divison may not be as hideous next year

Credit to the Seahawks, at least that franchise has dignity and does not deliberately tank to get top draft picks like the Pittsburgh Penguins :puke:

Credit to the Seahawks, at least that franchise has dignity and does not deliberately tank to get top draft picks like the Pittsburgh Penguins :puke:

I suppose...in this particular case, however, I'd like for them to tank it. I became a Seahawks fan in the early/mid 90s and have lived through way too many mediocre years - I submit that it's much better to be a fan of an awful team that can rebuild and get better (see: Miami) than a team that is mired in 7-9 seasons over and over again.

The Jets are too unpredictable, so they probably win today.

Damn, I can't believe the ill will towards Garrett in Dallas.

Dallas SHOULD be a run first type of team, but what happened to the barbarian???

Don't blame Romo or Garrett that only Witten can run correct routes and break coverage. If Dallas had a real wide receiver (e.g. Derrick Mason) they would be a scary team, but they don't and that puts far too much pressure on a QB who is now conditioned to try to do everything by himself.

Damn, I can't believe the ill will towards Garrett in Dallas.

Dallas SHOULD be a run first type of team, but what happened to the barbarian???

Don't blame Romo or Garrett that only Witten can run correct routes and break coverage. If Dallas had a real wide receiver (e.g. Derrick Mason) they would be a scary team, but they don't and that puts far too much pressure on a QB who is now conditioned to try to do everything by himself.

Barber has a foot injury... you see it... he tries to cut and he might as well take a knee, it's not that bad a problem because Choice has been Clemmensen-like in filling in for him.... but Garret doesn't get the concept of coaching towards flow of the game... they'll run a bit... and then it's a deep pass down the sideline!?!?! :blink:

and when the pass goes incomplete you're throwing ducks until you punt.... Dallas has a good router running WR... he wears #11 :P... but despite wasting 3 draft picks on the guy (I am pissed at that you do not give up THREE picks when this draft is gonna be as deep as it IS).... AND NEVER THROW TO HIM!! Again... bad QB play and/or playcalling

It's coaching plain and simple... look at San Francisco since Singletary took over as my case in point!

Barber has been injured since the Thanksgiving day game vs. Seattle. He has a dislocated pinky toe on his right foot which has also effected his right calf muscle. It is a painful injury as reported and he is a gametime decision today. I think he will play, but the load of the running game will fall on Tashard Choice who has done very well.

Garrett needs to open the damn playbook and call for #11 and #81 more often today and still have a good running game. This team put up 41-points on the Eagles in week #2 and I think they can put over 30-points today up on the board if they really want this game and really want to make the playoffs. There will be pressure on Romo to get it done and he needs to prove a lot a poeple and critics wrong today. If not, it will be a long off season wondering "what if or what should have been?" I don't think they want that this season at all.

Today Demarcus Ware is going for the all-time sack record which is 22.5 sacks. Ware has 20-sacks on the season right now and needs 3-sacks for the record. I hope he gets it and puts McNabb on the ground a lot today.

Like I say for the Devils I am saying for the Cowboys today...

Get the WIN Cowboys! Get er done! :evil:

Win and IN. Plain and simple. Play like you want it bad. Lay it all out on the line today.

Great

first it's mbIII last week

now it's the SD HEX!!!

WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS BE JET FANS!?!?!?!? :rant:

Yeah Crasher, like I really said something to hex the team. Get over the hex/jinx garbage already. :P

I was just saying what the Cowboys NEED to do to WIN. Period.

Some hex it was last night doing the GDT for the Devils win over the NYR. ;)

Don't believe in that garbage and never will. Sorry.

If it makes you feel worse, I maybe going to the game later today in Philadelphia.

I'm pissed that I can only watch the Jets game at 4...the Cowboys Eagles game is a much better matchup imo, and I actually have interest in seeing what happens in the NFC playoff picture, as that will affect the Giants long before anything in the AFC affects them.

Yeah Crasher, like I really said something to hex the team. Get over the hex/jinx garbage already. :P

I was just saying what the Cowboys NEED to do to WIN. Period.

Some hex it was last night doing the GDT for the Devils win over the NYR. ;)

Don't believe in that garbage and never will. Sorry.

If it makes you feel worse, I maybe going to the game later today in Philadelphia.

Ouch. wear like devils gear and cowboys gear, see if you make it out of there alive :P

I'm pissed that I can only watch the Jets game at 4...the Cowboys Eagles game is a much better matchup imo, and I actually have interest in seeing what happens in the NFC playoff picture, as that will affect the Giants long before anything in the AFC affects them.

Cowboys are on FOX nation-wide at 4pm

Ya think they know this game is gonna be a ratings factory ??? :P

Go Ravens? I'm so confused... my heart says Cowboys, but my avatar says otherwise. :unsure:

Really, thought, "Romo can't win a game" is SO on the line right now. Prove em wrong Tony!! No Cabo this year, baby!

I'm just quoting this so we can all see it after the game.

Good. Nice avatar btw it looks great on you.

lol its comical watching the FGs in Buffalo today...GO LIONS!!!!

Not happening :P

the Packer guy fumbles the kick... some how regains control... avoids stepping out at the 5.... four guys around him and he lunges for ten yards to save the thing.... Lions could not beat some bad college teams now!

Wow even Mangini couldn't have screwed up the end of the first half any worse than Buffalo did :doh1: Half the Bills thought they were running off for a FG attempt, half thought they got the first down and were gonna spike it and the punk Patriots of course confused the matter even further by starting a fight so that everyone gets distracted and the clock runs out :angry: