45 members have voted

1. 1. Whos responsible?

• Claude Julien
    • Team
    • Tim Thomas
    • Chara
    • luck
    • other

Who is responsible for Boston being so dirty this season?

I presume "dirty" is slang for "good" nowadays with all you younguns?

I voted for the first three. Of course I might only be saying Thomas because the Devils make him look like god in net. I haven't seen many Boston games 'sides the one the other night.

god, am i the only person Boston does not impress? We should have beaten there asses. And why does our team always get stopped by desperation saves a.k.a Thomas on Elias or Fleury on Langs. Desperation svaes arent skill they are luck. Also we hit 2 or 3 posts. There pressure was limited to the Lucic goal.

god, am i the only person Boston does not impress? We should have beaten there asses. And why does our team always get stopped by desperation saves a.k.a Thomas on Elias or Fleury on Langs. Desperation svaes arent skill they are luck. Also we hit 2 or 3 posts. There pressure was limited to the Lucic goal.

No you are not the only one. I agree with you. Devils gave Boston a good game with Clemmensen in goal and they only won 1-0 (don't mean anything with the ENG scored to make it 2-0 F), so I know the Devils can play with Boston and we shall see the next three times they meet for the rest of the season. The next meeting will be in Boston on January 29th and we will see how the Devils do again vs. Boston. That game on Tuesday night could have gone either way if the Devils just burried some of their scoring chances.

Edited by SatansDevils

I personanally don't think boston is as much of a power house as they appear, but a good combination of the young player like lucic who is one of my favorite players in the league for his scoring/fighting combo he's got, and solid defenceman on the line followed by two red hot goalies.

though he certainly didnt employ it against us (presumably because he saw the strict trap of the rangers beat us all last season), but he has instituted a very similar system to sutter with a strong forecheck and then a strangeling defense. gotta give him credit for that, but like was said before me the coach can have all the good systems he wants your no going anywhere without players that can pull it off ... and a red hot goalie helps the cause considerably (two in their case).

god, am i the only person Boston does not impress? We should have beaten there asses.

That just shows more about the Devils than it does Boston...Boston IS good and did come on the road to beat us in said game after all.

It's almost half the season and they're still winning games by scoring a lot and allowing few - to be precise they've scored the most goals and allowed the second fewest. Usually you don't get both unless you're the Detroit Red Wings (at least in prior years).

Luck.

To the tune of 26-5-4?!

Edited by Hasan4978

I was going to talk about the rise of this team in a post similar to the one about the Senators, but since they have already been brought up...I'm with you Has. The Devils did a pretty good job, and it is really dumb to judge any team on one game.

As for the Bruins, they have looked scary good at times, and it is a good combination of Peter Chiarelli building this team and Claude Julien doing a pretty good coaching job. The game they played against the Devils was a perfect example of good team defense and good coaching.

When you look at this team, it is hard to find a real weakness, and it is hard to see how they don't finish first in the East. 11 players have a +/- of 10 or better. Marc Savard has been one of the most underrated players in the league for a while now and continues to get better. He is a special playmaker. Phil Kessel was a healthy scratch in the playoffs last year. Now he is 4th in the lead in goals. Everyone seems to know Milan Lucic and enjoy the way he plays the game. He's a fun guy to watch and one of the toughest guys in the league, but there are a better youngsters on the team. David Krejci is the most underrated player in the league. He has 13 goals and 25 assists. He's a really small guy too, but is really tough and reminds me of Parise a lot when I see him.

In the offseason they added some nice fire power. The Michael Ryder contract looked pretty risky at the time, and worse after his start with 2 goals in 22 games, but he has really turned it on as of late. He now has 13 goals and leads the league in game winning goals with 6. What about Blake Wheeler. This guy was taken 5th overall by the Coyotes, and after not reaching a deal with the team became a free agent, and the Bruins got a top 5 pick for pretty much nothing He's a rookie with 13 goals, and looks really good. He's 6'5 220 and only getting better. He's going to be a superstar one day.

Those are their 6 best guys, and I haven't even mentioned Marco Sturm who has scored 27 goals in 2007 and 2008 and has bee off to a good start while only playing 19 games so far. What about Patrice Bergeron? The guy is only 23 years. Remember when he scored 31 goals and had 73 points as a 20-year-old? He has only played 41 games in the last two years and is injured now. He was having a slow start to the season before he got hurt, which says a lot about the rest of the guys. Imagine when he gets back to the level of play of two years ago. Finally add guys like Chuck Kobasew and Stephane Yelle, who by the way have combined for 11 goals, and you got a great group of forwards.

The one weakness up front: PJ Axelsson. A solid two way player throughout his career has really struggled like Madden has for the Devils this year. He is the only regular in the lineup who is a -.

On the defensive side...Chara has really picked it up as of late, but even when he is off, he is such a big strong body out there. The Devils saw how much he means to that team. Personally I think Dennis Wideman has been their top defenseman. They got him straight up in a trade for Brad Boyes, and it really filled a need on defense. Wideman has been fantastic with a +20 already (leads the league for defenseman), and has been a great PP quarterback (4 goals and 9 assists on the PP). I really think he is the most underrated defenseman in the league. Then you have Matt Hunwick. What an addition he has been. Called up a little over a month into the season and already has 15 points in just 22 games. He's looked really solid so far.

As for the rest of the D, there have been some injuries but they are a good group. Andrew Ference has been good. Shane Hnidy is not the same player that I remember in Ottawa. Aaron Ward is a veteran and a 3-time Cup winner. No complaints from Mark Stuart.

And finally their goaltending. Both Tim Thomas and Manny Fernandez have been very good, and both are needed if the Bruins are going to continue to succeed. Tim Thomas gives it his all every time he plays. He is all over the place and makes you cringe, but he has been great. But the way he plays, he can't play or be relied on for more than 50-55 games, or you are going to see some bad streaks. Manny Fernandez is the complete opposite. He is so calm and is very technically sound. Hard to see a clear cut starter, as both have been excellent. It will be interesting who the team will turn to come playoff time.

Looking at this team, you have to give some credit to Mike O'Connell who usually gets all the blame for all those bad years. After all he did draft Patrice Bergeron in the second round. He drafted Krejci in the 2nd round in 2004 and found Matt Hunwick in the 7th of the same draft year. The jury is still out on Matt Lashoff and Vladamir Sobotka (looked good in the playoffs last year with two goals), but Sobotka is still a player that management and fans feel can be a big part of their future.

This team is for real, and most of these players are only scratching the surface of some special careers.

I really don't think a 1-0 win is a perfect example of how great a team is.

That D is the one weakness, and the goaltending could go at any time. Ward, Ference, Hnidy, these guys are journeymen - Ward looked finished last year.

I think Boston's been tremendous but it wouldn't surprise me that much if they scored as many as they gave up the rest of the way.

Krejci doesn't remind me at all of Parise but he is a terrific talent nonetheless. He reminds me of Nylander or Reichel (when both were good).

I really don't think a 1-0 win is a perfect example of how great a team is.

That D is the one weakness, and the goaltending could go at any time. Ward, Ference, Hnidy, these guys are journeymen - Ward looked finished last year.

I think Boston's been tremendous but it wouldn't surprise me that much if they scored as many as they gave up the rest of the way.

Krejci doesn't remind me at all of Parise but he is a terrific talent nonetheless. He reminds me of Nylander or Reichel (when both were good).

I really didn't mean it by similiar skill set, but they are two guys of similar size who are pretty relentless out there,and don't give up on the puck.

Alright how about another one...Blake Wheeler....he's aguy that has reminded me of Rick Nash when I have seen him. This goal has Rick Nash all over him.

Edited by devilsrule33

I was going to talk about the rise of this team in a post similar to the one about the Senators, but since they have already been brought up...I'm with you Has. The Devils did a pretty good job, and it is really dumb to judge any team on one game.

As for the Bruins, they have looked scary good at times, and it is a good combination of Peter Chiarelli building this team and Claude Julien doing a pretty good coaching job. The game they played against the Devils was a perfect example of good team defense and good coaching.

When you look at this team, it is hard to find a real weakness, and it is hard to see how they don't finish first in the East. 11 players have a +/- of 10 or better. Marc Savard has been one of the most underrated players in the league for a while now and continues to get better. He is a special playmaker. Phil Kessel was a healthy scratch in the playoffs last year. Now he is 4th in the lead in goals. Everyone seems to know Milan Lucic and enjoy the way he plays the game. He's a fun guy to watch and one of the toughest guys in the league, but there are a better youngsters on the team. David Krejci is the most underrated player in the league. He has 13 goals and 25 assists. He's a really small guy too, but is really tough and reminds me of Parise a lot when I see him.

In the offseason they added some nice fire power. The Michael Ryder contract looked pretty risky at the time, and worse after his start with 2 goals in 22 games, but he has really turned it on as of late. He now has 13 goals and leads the league in game winning goals with 6. What about Blake Wheeler. This guy was taken 5th overall by the Coyotes, and after not reaching a deal with the team became a free agent, and the Bruins got a top 5 pick for pretty much nothing He's a rookie with 13 goals, and looks really good. He's 6'5 220 and only getting better. He's going to be a superstar one day.

Those are their 6 best guys, and I haven't even mentioned Marco Sturm who has scored 27 goals in 2007 and 2008 and has bee off to a good start while only playing 19 games so far. What about Patrice Bergeron? The guy is only 23 years. Remember when he scored 31 goals and had 73 points as a 20-year-old? He has only played 41 games in the last two years and is injured now. He was having a slow start to the season before he got hurt, which says a lot about the rest of the guys. Imagine when he gets back to the level of play of two years ago. Finally add guys like Chuck Kobasew and Stephane Yelle, who by the way have combined for 11 goals, and you got a great group of forwards.

The one weakness up front: PJ Axelsson. A solid two way player throughout his career has really struggled like Madden has for the Devils this year. He is the only regular in the lineup who is a -.

On the defensive side...Chara has really picked it up as of late, but even when he is off, he is such a big strong body out there. The Devils saw how much he means to that team. Personally I think Dennis Wideman has been their top defenseman. They got him straight up in a trade for Brad Boyes, and it really filled a need on defense. Wideman has been fantastic with a +20 already (leads the league for defenseman), and has been a great PP quarterback (4 goals and 9 assists on the PP). I really think he is the most underrated defenseman in the league. Then you have Matt Hunwick. What an addition he has been. Called up a little over a month into the season and already has 15 points in just 22 games. He's looked really solid so far.

As for the rest of the D, there have been some injuries but they are a good group. Andrew Ference has been good. Shane Hnidy is not the same player that I remember in Ottawa. Aaron Ward is a veteran and a 3-time Cup winner. No complaints from Mark Stuart.

And finally their goaltending. Both Tim Thomas and Manny Fernandez have been very good, and both are needed if the Bruins are going to continue to succeed. Tim Thomas gives it his all every time he plays. He is all over the place and makes you cringe, but he has been great. But the way he plays, he can't play or be relied on for more than 50-55 games, or you are going to see some bad streaks. Manny Fernandez is the complete opposite. He is so calm and is very technically sound. Hard to see a clear cut starter, as both have been excellent. It will be interesting who the team will turn to come playoff time.

Looking at this team, you have to give some credit to Mike O'Connell who usually gets all the blame for all those bad years. After all he did draft Patrice Bergeron in the second round. He drafted Krejci in the 2nd round in 2004 and found Matt Hunwick in the 7th of the same draft year. The jury is still out on Matt Lashoff and Vladamir Sobotka (looked good in the playoffs last year with two goals), but Sobotka is still a player that management and fans feel can be a big part of their future.

This team is for real, and most of these players are only scratching the surface of some special careers.

Now that's what I call a team breakdown!

Forgetting this year's Devils for a second, if we had that lineup methinks we'd be feeling pretty good about our team right now.