Uniform Opinion Time

britoon

White Shmite. Everyone should wear their colors every game. When we play a team like Carolina or Chicago, who have the same red as us, one team will wear white. Otherwise, I don't think Colin White in red will get confused and pass to a Thrasher in a powder blue jersey. Well, Colin White might, but only him...

Personally, I like seeing the "color" sweater instead of the white ones at home. The other way always allows teams to have playoff "WHITE OUTS"... I hope they NEVER go to a third sweater though. It is too much for the fans and I think Lou, The Devils, and the fans have been quite happy with the look over the years. We (the team and fans) are unique in that we haven't really changed anything. I wouldn't be opposed to goin back to the Green/Red/White, but don't change a proven winner.

Ha Ha I cant believe people need entertaining with " Pretty Colors", who gives a $hit.

I dont care if when Atlanta come to town they are wearing white, as long as we send their sorry a$$es back to Atlanta with no points thats all that matters.

They could be wearing any color they want.

Just leave it as it is.

Whites at home, we haven't won a cup since the change. :giggle:

But honestly, wearing red away from home is said to give the away team a psychological edge. The red is intimidating.

Edited by britdevil

I'd much rather we throwback to the xmas colors than go black.

:clap::hail::koolaid:

Otherwise, I don't think Colin White in red will get confused and pass to a Thrasher in a powder blue jersey. Well, Colin White might, but only him...

:rofl:

How about what the ECHL does, white one half of season at home, colors the second half? I think the white at home had to do with teams on road trips not having to wash their sweaters since the color would hide the dirt (puck, stick marks). Thought I read that somewhere once.

How bout Home Teams choice. The Home team lets the visiters know WELL ahead of time what to bring on their trip. That way the club can mix it up for promotions. :evil:

How bout Home Teams choice. The Home team lets the visiters know WELL ahead of time what to bring on their trip. That way the club can mix it up for promotions. :evil:

I believe this is actually the original reason for the chance. Once home teams started to go with both white and colored third jerseys it forced teams on road trips to carry double the amount of stuff for jerseys since you needed to support both your white and colored jerseys. So you might carry your white jerseys on the road, taking up space and cost, and then never even get to use them.

Yeah, well, that's why it would be important for the HOME team to have to let the visiting team know MONTHS before the game. :noclue:

Yeah, well, that's why it would be important for the HOME team to have to let the visiting team know MONTHS before the game. :noclue:

They'd still have to carry around 2 sets of jerseys a lot of the time. Even a 2 game road trip could feature both a white and dark jersey game.

I'd much rather we throwback to the xmas colors than go black. Too many crappy teams (including the one that just beat us last night) have black uniforms.

No way, those are mickey mouse colors, very amature, belongs in a minor league. Or give them to Edmonton, they are the mickey mouse organization of the NHL now.