NFL Divisonal Playoffs

CRASHER

here I'll put it in here and in it's own thread so people can be happy :P

The NFL's Final Four begins in a few short hours... snow... wind.. bad weather... teams to root against...

yeah that's about all ya need in the playoffs ain't it?? You know who's playing... you know what's at stake

so might as well just get to it!!! Bring on REMATCH WEEK!

Saturday January 10:

Ravens at Titans (430pm):

This tells ya all you need to know about these two teams and what CBS thinks of them to stuff them in the who cares "let's hope it snows a ton in the North East and people are trapped and watch this one"... then again if I'm the Titans and I've been the best team in the league most of the year this MOTIVATES the hell out of me... and the Ravens can talk all the sh!t they want at this point, if they stop and look they gotta be saying "what the hell are we doing here??".... the Ravens game is all about not screwing it up... run the ball and play bunches of defense.... guess what, the Titans do that too... and I seriously think people are taking the Titans for granted here.... there is pressure on them... and more so Kerry Collins (we all remember that glorious effort in the Super Bowl against this team right??)... this could be the last big chance for him.... ever.

It's gonna be close...it's gonna be ugly... but hopefully it's violent and pounding (I think Pitt and San Diego hope so too)... should be a fun game to watch but first team to double digits is gonna win.... and I can't go against the Titans.... even without Kevin Mawae (probably means Lendale White gets eaten instead of doing the eating today... but he's HUNGRY!!!)... I think you'll get your money's worth here....

Prediction: Titans to win, Ravens to cover

Game Quality: *** 1/2

Arizona at Carolina (8pm):

Talk about a team that's gotta be waking up and going :blink: :blink: .... I guess when you pray to Jesus as much as Kurt Warner does.... it eventually gets answered eh?? No Boludlin.... 0-5 on the better coast, weather

a small factor... 10 MPH winds... but not like it's the part of NYC that still is in the middle of Jersey or something....

and yes I am sitting here trying to make a case for Arizona... Super Bowl MVP at QB... good line play last week... but yeah... NO.... there's no way in hell Arizona matches up in this game... they won't run the ball, they lose a MAJOR playmaker and Carolina like the Titans has a LOT to prove here and get to where they should be next week... they're gonna run the ball early and often and the only way Arizona wins is if DelHomme has a game like he did against the Raiders.... don't see that happening here....

Prediction: Carolina to win AND cover

Game Quality: **

Sunday January 11:

Eagles at the State-Confused Giants (1pm)

(I dunno I just feel like getting on it lately... I think it was hearing the "come see the NY Saints lacrosse team play in the Prudential Center" that set me off)

Well this one is gonna be everything you expect from NFC East playoff football... bad weather... pounding... nasty defenses, epic winds... snow... you name it!! The weather will obviously be HUGE here and help the D because ain't no one gonna be more then 10 yards off the line of scrimmage (not even punt returners :P)

This one is maybe the easiest game to make a case for the road team... they have the best player on the field in Westbrook and when he's on McNabb is the 2nd best one... they have dangerous playmakers, and they are not only not afraid to play up the turnpike... they won here a few weeks ago! Anytime a road team can negate home field... that's kinda big.....

as for the Giants... they're rested (how was Cabo guys? CMON... you know you went...), Brandon Jacobs SHOULD be healthy (least no one is saying otherwise... to be honest no one is saying ANYTHING)... and if Jacobs is healthy and can GO in this kinda weather that should be the difference....this could be of the 13-10 type as well.... neither QB loves the swirling winds and there's gonna be a lotta 8 or 9 in the box today....

Prediction: Giants to win, Eagles to cover

Game Quality: ****

Chargers at Steelers (430pm)

Again you got the Bad Coast team coming East here and into the nasty... whatever weather we get here it's usually WORSE in Pittsburgh, and with no Tomlinson.... I mean I love Darren Sproles and all... but he ain't no way enough....the Chargers are still a weird team that responds when they are backed up, and Phillip Rivers is one tough ass damn kid....and San Diego's defense will pressure Ben... EVERYONE pressures Ben (he's been sacked 200 times in his 5 year career :blink: )

But on the other hand... you have a healthy Willie Parker... a defense that is not gonna fall for the screen pass.... and home field and THEIR type of weather game.....

Yeah this one is pretty easy to figure out... only way San Diego wins is by out coaching and Darren Sproles being amazing (and it's not a stretch to say Norv can out-coach Tomlin in a playoff game)

I'm gonna root like hell for San Diego... but I can't pick them....

Prediction: Steelers and the cover

Game Quality: ***

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titans in a tough game over the Ravens. (Still think the Titans are the best team in the NFL.)

Panthers over the Cardinals. (This game could be a shootout high scoring game if the Panthers defense is off)

The Eagles/NYG game is going to be a battle. Flipped a coin on this game and it came out on Eagles. :noclue: (Eagles are the hot team right now so beware and the NYG have been mediocre down the stretch in their last four games without the "Gun-Men" Burress.) :P

Chargers over the Steelers. (Chargers are 2-0 lifetime over the Steelers in the playoffs.) Love the powder blue uniforms although they won't be wearing them in this game. GO BOLTS!

Edited by SatansDevils

The Eagles/NYG game is going to be a battle. Flipped a coin on this game and it came out on Eagles. :noclue: (Eagles are the hot team right now so beware and the NYG have been mediocre down the stretch in their last four games without the "Gun-Men" Burress.) :P

Thanks. Since your predictions and statements are usually the kiss of death and are wrong, thanks for picking the eagles.

Titans blew that game with the two turnovers in the red zone or this could have been a Titans blowout. Have to give it to that Ravens defense to make those turnovers at the right time when the Titans were just going up and down the field at will dominating the game. The missed FG by the Titans was huge too.

It does look good for the Ravens right now and Flacco the 1st ever rookie QB to win his first two playoffs games.

The Ravens defense will carry them as far as they can go and it could very well be the SB this year.

Edited by SatansDevils

My picks to win: Ravens, Panthers, Eagles, Chargers

Well, 1-for-1 so far.. I really thought the Titans were an over-achieving team.. I liked the way Baltimore played vs Miami and just expected them to knock off Tenn.

Edited by nmigliore

Titans blew that game with the two turnovers in the red zone or this could have been a Titans blowout. Have to give it to that Ravens defense to make those turnovers at the right time when the Titans were just going up and down the field at will dominating the game. The missed FG by the Titans was huge too.

It does look good for the Ravens right now and Flacco the 1st ever rookie QB to win his first two playoffs games.

The Ravens defense will carry them as far as they can go and it could very well be the SB this year.

HAHA!

But didnt you say in your previous post that the titans are the best team all year and will make it to the SB?

Titans in a tough game over the Ravens. (Still think the Titans are the best team in the NFL.)

:rofl:

Well, 1-for-1 so far.. I really thought the Titans were an over-achieving team.. I liked the way Baltimore played vs Miami and just expected them to knock off Tenn.

They showed an interesting graphic during the game: the Dolphins and Titans were 1-2 respectively in turnover differential this year. Baltimore forced 5 turnovers on the Dolphins last week and 3 on Tennessee this week. Also, Baltimore has not turned the ball over at all in both games. There is your difference. That Baltimore defense is as opportunistic as any I've ever seen.

HAHA!

But didnt you say in your previous post that the titans are the best team all year and will make it to the SB?

OT98. SD sais he THINKS (in other words in his opinion) the Titans are the best team in football, he DIDN'T say they are the best team in football :rolleyes:

PS. why did you change your sig from saying the Giants are the defending superbowl champs :noclue:

PPS. how come you never had any mention of the Giants in your sig until after they won the superbowl in January :whistling: .....

Man, that was a hard fought game. Too many errors from the Titans but credit to Baltimore, they stuck at it and they came through.

Congrats Manta.

Whew! Our D is tired and are RB's are too damaged. Thank Odin for Rex Ryan. Collins was just panic-ridden the whole game.

Suggs, McClain, Heap, Reed, McGhaee and Rice all damaged at this point. Lets just hope the Steelers and SD knock the snot out of each other even worse than the Ravens/Titans today.

So much for the home field advantage in the Playoffs,

The Titans gets to play the Ravens , which they're 11-5, while the Steelers gets to play the Chargers, 8-8.

I say..

Steelers goes to win vs the Chargers, 17-10, and then,

They'll try to win a 3rd time vs the Ravens.. (Its gonna be tought) !

Congrats Manta, always nice to see , arhem, the AfC North doing good, (Even if I hate the Ravens :P)

Btw, Panthers are doing bad, TD, then Fumble by Delhomme.. I hope Clown didn't bring his curse on the Panthers, on that Fumble, Jake looked like Losman :giggle:

congrats Manta. after the heckling you took last year, you stood by your team and said you gaurenteed a playoff birth.

you were underestimating them, my friend. I think Baltimore should beat Pitt (... or SD) next week and can you say rematch of 5/6 years ago? If it's the same game, I'm predicting the same outcome :thumbsup:

Thanks Marty, but as TZ knows Big Ben always finds a way to beat us in the last minute. The Steelers scare me. Would love to pummel SD instead. But we are really, badly injured team right now. I just hope we have enough in the tank for at least one more week.

Would LOVE to avenge this years loss to the Giants in the Superbowl.