Comments from the Ducks telecast

djskellington

Being in SoCal, we had no choice but to watch the Ducks telecast. Their "announcers" (and I use that term loosely) made the following comments during the game:

1) They called Elias the Devils "top scorer". Uhh... correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be Parise? Yes, Patrik has more assists, but Zach has more goals.

2) They called #20 "Mike" Pandolfo. He changed his name??

3) They called Johnny Oduya "undersized". "Undersized"?? Explain that one to me!

4) Kept whining how Clarskon "interfered" with Gigure for the Devils 2nd goal.

5) This one really confused us. They called Collin White the "stay at home defenseman". wtf??

and 6) Can someone please explain to me how Anaheim's 3rd goal was a goal? There was no visual proof the puck went over the line in any of the shots. I realize the ref on the ice called it a goal, but shouldn't the all-seeing Gods in Toronto have denied this since they couldn't confirm it? Am I being naive here?

Being in SoCal, we had no choice but to watch the Ducks telecast. Their "announcers" (and I use that term loosely) made the following comments during the game:

1) They called Elias the Devils "top scorer". Uhh... correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be Parise? Yes, Patrik has more assists, but Zach has more goals.

2) They called #20 "Mike" Pandolfo. He changed his name??

3) They called Johnny Oduya "undersized". "Undersized"?? Explain that one to me!

4) Kept whining how Clarskon "interfered" with Gigure for the Devils 2nd goal.

5) This one really confused us. They called Collin White the "stay at home defenseman". wtf??

and 6) Can someone please explain to me how Anaheim's 3rd goal was a goal? There was no visual proof the puck went over the line in any of the shots. I realize the ref on the ice called it a goal, but shouldn't the all-seeing Gods in Toronto have denied this since they couldn't confirm it? Am I being naive here?

The Ducks announcers are retards. Always have been and always will be -- but what do you expect from a team located in Disneyland. We're lucky Robin Williams and Jafar aren't calling the game.

As far as the Ducks third goal -- the official on the ice had called it a goal. When Clemmensen came out of the net the puck was over the line. When you review a goal, you must have CONCLUSIVE evidence that overturns the call on the ice. The ref called it a goal, and there was no proof that it wasn't -- therefore the goal stands.

The Devils got a similar one to go their way anyway, so I won't be complaining. Our boys didn't deserve the win anyway.

Edited by puckrock

White is still tied for the team lead in even strength points from defenseman so I guess he fills the even strength offensive role. :lol:

Maybe DJ thought it was an insult like White should stay at home and not just a term for a defenseman who tends to stay closer to his defensive end and the slot?

I just never heard that term before... Guess I've lead too much of a sheltered life lol

That's all right. We're accustomed to DJ's not knowing the hockey vocabulary perfectly. :)

Edited by Don

1) They called Elias the Devils "top scorer". Uhh... correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be Parise? Yes, Patrik has more assists, but Zach has more goals. Elias has 48 pts, Parise has 49.. ugh whatever its not a big deal

2) They called #20 "Mike" Pandolfo. He changed his name?? pff what idiots.. I believe Mike is his brother

3) They called Johnny Oduya "undersized". "Undersized"?? Explain that one to me! Johnny Oduya - 6'0 , 200 ilbs.. he skates very low, maybe thats why it appears hes small, who knows.

4) Kept whining how Clarskon "interfered" with Gigure for the Devils 2nd goal. lol, interference my ass.

5) This one really confused us. They called Collin White the "stay at home defenseman". wtf?? He is.........

and 6) Can someone please explain to me how Anaheim's 3rd goal was a goal? There was no visual proof the puck went over the line in any of the shots. I realize the ref on the ice called it a goal, but shouldn't the all-seeing Gods in Toronto have denied this since they couldn't confirm it? Am I being naive here?Ref called it a goal.. need conclusive evidence the puck wasn't in the goal, there was nothing conclusive that the puck wasn't in.. therefore since the nhl is a joke, the goal stands because the referee said so.

Edited by nmigliore

The Ducks announcers are retards. Always have been and always will be -- but what do you expect from a team located in Disneyland. We're lucky Robin Williams and Jafar aren't calling the game.

Hey, I'd pay good money to hear Robin Williams call a game.

That's all right. We're accustomed to DJ's not knowing the hockey vocabulary perfectly. :)

OH SNAP!!! :rofl: