Pronger Sucks balls

BlizzardCyclone

Pronger has a long history of dirty hits, yet for some reason, a long list of teeny tiny suspensions.

I think back to his vicious elbow in the 2007 finals on McAmmond maybe? Any other player would have been suspended the rest of the series. He got 1 game, and was allowed to skate with the Cup. It was his second infraction of the playoffs IN THE SAME SEASON. And still only one game.

He also stomped Ryan Kesler just a few weeks after Simon did the same to Ruutu, yet didn't receive anything near a 30 game suspension. I believe it was 6 or 8.

Ok... I found the suspension list...

Pronger Suspensions

They didn't even show this on the Sucks ... err. Ducks telecast. I only saw this on the recaps on NHL On The Fly.

I wonder why?

He's a piece of sh!t and it makes me wish Stevens and Daneyko would be back for a few games... I guess thats why Rupp recently went on the record warning other teams about things like this.

Ugh what garbage. Something I might expect from the Rangers but from a dirty player on a team who plays us once a year? On our star forward? He's not even proving anything, just being a dick.

Exectly what I was thinking... Pronger is an a$$hole and had no right to do that to Parise. They play him once a year like you said, how much bad blood could they have stirred up between them? He's just a dirty, no-good player. Doc said that the NHL might have to take a look at that, but I doubt they will. He was just lucky as hell that he didn't do that during the game or else his ass would have been busted by Rupp or Clarkson.

IN MY OPINION, THAT WHOLE GAME WAS A PIECE OF sh!t, THE REFEREES BEING THE WORST.

He does have a reputation, and at best this is an interference penalty.

But I have to be honest, it's not the worst thing I've seen. If you freeze it at 0:35 you see both of Prongers arms are tucked in as he absolutely towers over Parise. It does look like he follows through pushing him off at the forearm...but Parise comes in very low. He kind of skated into him.

Pronger wasn't stalking Parise out, nor did he have his elbows out

Edited by '7'

He does have a reputation, and at best this is an interference penalty.

But I have to be honest, it's not the worst thing I've seen. If you freeze it at 0:35 you see both of Prongers arms are tucked in as he absolutely towers over Parise. It does look like he follows through pushing him off at the forearm...but Parise comes in very low. He kind of skated into him.

Pronger wasn't stalking Parise out, nor did he have his elbows out

Agreed, people are overreacting and looking for something to be pissed about since we lost. The only thing wrong with that hit is that the puck is nowhere in the area, but Parise was kind of (accidentally) skating into Pronger. Did he have to knock him down? No, but the fact that Parise was moving in that direction and didn't see Pronger when he ran into him made the hit look worse than it really was since he wasn't expecting to be hit.

Should have been an interference penalty, nothing more.

It looked to me like Pronger is a rock and realized they were accidentally going to run into each other while Parise never saw Pronger. So Pronger was tensed for the hit and Parise was not. I also don't think it was an elbow, Pronger's elbow was in against his body, his elbow only came out afterward to help him keep his balance. If you want to call this an elbow than you're giving credence to all the people who want to say Steven's threw a lot of elbows.

For reasons like this is why the instigator rule is the worst fvcking rule in the history of the NHL. I would like to see a guy like George Laraque grab ahold of him a really beat the tar out of him. Others I'd add to the list include but are not limited too: Downie, Rutuu, Hollweg, Avery Cindy Criesby.

I'm too sick to read the posts but i'll agreee with the name of this thread, he DOES suck balls, but only if his wife agrees...

Edited by annabelle

Pronger always has and always will be a dirty player.

Correct, and what baffles me is that with Pronger getting older he does this and doesnt even like to "mix it up" any more. Why is it that the other teams let him get away with it? Where are the "enforcers"? See when you see your "franchise" player get decked like that, even in the waning seconds you immediately send out Rupp to take Pronger's head off. So then Rupp gets a suspension. Or if its earlier in the game you take care of it during the game. But there is no way he should be allowed to continue with the crap that he does. The NHL has allowed him to do that sort of stuff and because of the way the rules are the enforcers or tough guys risk suspension by going back after him. JUST NOT RIGHT!! Some day though he will do that to the wrong guy and someone will take him out even if he doesnt fight back that is at least what I think will happen...

I don't like the meanness behind Pronger. He's bitchy about it -- he's like my female pointer and bitchy is just the only way to put it. He tries to get people - he takes it that little extra bit and it comes from a place of weakness. I think all violence comes from a feeling of vulnerability it's defensive (best IMO when it's rooted in being loyal, maybe to a flaw)- and that, I think, is why it doesn't bug me in hockey. It's revealing and charming when it's guys helping their team or helping other individuals even. But Pronger is not defensive - it's offensive - his own personal feelings - that's why he'll through the elbow - get it that little stomp. I'd have no problem with him if i didn't see that totally self serving touch to it.