GDT: Devils @ Vancouver

MadDog2020

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roberto Luongo said he is "back to 100 percent" after returning to practice on Monday.

The superstar netminder has been out of action since Nov. 22 with a groin injury and the Canucks have sorely missed him. He is listed as doubtful for Tuesday's game, but a return to the lineup could come as early as Thursday night versus Phoenix. It is only a matter of conditioning for Luongo now. "One full practice after not playing for several weeks, I'm not sure I'm ready to play," he said. "It's just a matter of the way things go in practice, the way I feel and make sure I'm at the level I need to be at to help the team." Get ready to activate him soon as he is a must start when he is ready to dress.

Source: TSN.ca

Preview of New Jersey @ Vancouver.

njd.gifNew Jersey @ van.gifVancouver 10:00 PM EST.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=290113022

The Vancouver Canucks are close to getting their All-Star goaltender back, but it likely won't come in their next game.

The Canucks are expected to go at least one more game without Roberto Luongo in net as they try to avoid a fifth straight home loss Tuesday night against the New Jersey Devils.

While Luongo is back practicing after missing 23 games with a groin injury, Jason LaBarbera is expected to start as Vancouver (22-17-5) looks to avoid a third consecutive loss overall while trying for its fifth win in six games against New Jersey.

New Jersey (24-15-3) enters this contest off a 4-3 loss at Anaheim on Sunday to drop to 1-1 on its six-game road trip.

"We didn't play smart hockey," Devils coach Brent Sutter said. "We weren't dumping the puck smart."

Clemmensen has never faced the Vancouver Canucks.

New Jersey has lost three in a row at Vancouver since to a 2-1 victory there on March 15, 1999.

This game is going to be a big one for the Devils IMO if they are going to have a good WC road trip. They are 1-1 so far on this 6-game road trip and need a big win tonight in Vancouver. Luongo will not be in for this game although he is almost ready to be back in the line up most likely on Thursday night. So tonight the Devils will see LaBarbera in goal for Vancouver.

Devils need to come out hungry and on fire tonight and score that important first goal of the game. Get the PPG when given the oppurtunities and have a good PK and keep Vancouver off the scoreboard with the man advantage for them. Devils need to bounce back after a tough loss in Anaheim.

Get the win Devils and get er done! :koolaid:

:evil:LETS GO DEVILS!!!! :evil:

Devils GDT Mascot.

njbind.jpg

Edited by SatansDevils

:gd:

go devs! beat the canucks... i don't like them.

if you win, go to their gdt and have a laugh at the expense of the biggest whiners in the league. :cryriver:

I know the picture of that chick has been the GDT mascot for a while, but I have to ask: who is she?

your mom. :dance:

Edited by Charlemagne

I know our tendency to crash and burn in Vancouver, but I have a good feeling about tonight that I just can't explain.

Also, I hope that they, just for a brief while, put together the much-ballyhooed Sedin-Sedin-Sundin line. I need to hear how Doc calls it. :giggle:

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/projection...e_id=2009011322

Sporting News AccuScore Projection

Devils 2.8

Canucks 2.7

Probability of a fight: 39%

Devils win percentage: 53.1% (Big win: 14.1%; Close win: 25.6%)

Canucks win percentage: 46.9% (Big win: 12.4%; Close win: 23.2%)

Let's go Devils!

Wish I could watch this game, but I'll be doing homework from now until 11 I would guess, and then I'll probably die of exhaustion. CADevilFan, if you read this, I need to you take over my screaming in the chat tonight. But, whatever, ya know? I'm only gonna be doing that every night this week, but then Nashville for the Devs-Preds game next Monday!

Anyways, I digress. Back to the original point of this post:

LET'S GO DEVILS!!

I know our tendency to crash and burn in Vancouver, but I have a good feeling about tonight that I just can't explain.

Also, I hope that they, just for a brief while, put together the much-ballyhooed Sedin-Sedin-Sundin line. I need to hear how Doc calls it. :giggle:

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/projection...e_id=2009011322

Sporting News AccuScore Projection

Devils 2.8

Canucks 2.7

Probability of a fight: 39%

Devils win percentage: 53.1% (Big win: 14.1%; Close win: 25.6%)

Canucks win percentage: 46.9% (Big win: 12.4%; Close win: 23.2%)

Devils win by .1 :boogie:

Hopefully we can have a solid game like we played against the Kings and keep the momentum going.

A lot of other teams in action tonight, we need to pick up 2 points to try and keep up.

LETS GO DEVILS

By the way, I made up my own power rankings (boredom) so check it out and tell me how much they suck!

http://www.hockeyprimetime.com/newsroom/Po...nuary-13th.html

30. New York Islanders (12-26-4) ...Everyone

well put...and we still have 4 games left with them :)

Edited by welcometotherock