Las Vegas, Rose Bowl, Yankee Stadium possible outdoor game destination

RSC

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/2241...stinations.html

“Logistically, it could happen,”said NHL CEO John Collins when referring to staging an outdoor game in Las Vegas. The last time the NHL played in Sin City was an exhibition matchup in 1991 between the Rangers and the Kings, which was played in 85-degree weather in front on some 13,000 fans in an outdoor rink at Ceasars Palace.

Not gonna lie, I'd lol if they did one in Vegas. I don't see the NHL settling for 13,000 attendance, either.

Edited by RSC

This is just wild dreams on the part of COllins talking about how the technology is there to hold it anywhere. I don't think the Winter Classic is going to Vegas or the Rose Bowl (which host a certain football game that day) any time soon.

Edited by jkrdevil

why the HELL would you take all the charm and appeal of the game in bad weather and go screw it up like that??

Oh yeah.. you're the NHL and INCAPABLE of keeping intelligent thoughts going right!!!!

Should do a exhibition in Brazil for god's sake. Go to Curitiba. Atletico Paranense Stadium. 30000 People attending.

Pretty sure that NHL could be a even bigger hit then the NFL in Brazil. NFL now has a big fan base in Brazil, I believe is not bigger not by the Futebol x Football Discusion. but because., every 15 seconds the game is stoped to regroup. That is waht draw back many brazilian for the sports.

Now look at hockey, yes game is stopped couple times but not as aften as Football. Is fast paced, you hardly know who will win until the game is over. Besides kind Resemble soccer in Way.

The las word I heard abou NHL being aired in Brazil was that the Brazilian ESPN could not air NHL games in Brasil. Because the NHL asked for too much Money .

Hockey will be a hit in Brazil I'm sure. But NHL has to do something.

Should do a exhibition in Brazil for god's sake. Go to Curitiba. Atletico Paranense Stadium. 30000 People attending.

Pretty sure that NHL could be a even bigger hit then the NFL in Brazil. NFL now has a big fan base in Brazil, I believe is not bigger not by the Futebol x Football Discusion. but because., every 15 seconds the game is stoped to regroup. That is waht draw back many brazilian for the sports.

Now look at hockey, yes game is stopped couple times but not as aften as Football. Is fast paced, you hardly know who will win until the game is over. Besides kind Resemble soccer in Way.

The las word I heard abou NHL being aired in Brazil was that the Brazilian ESPN could not air NHL games in Brasil. Because the NHL asked for too much Money .

The problem with hockey in a lot of place's, is that it is the most expensive sport to play. And you need ice rinks. (I don't know how common they are in Brazil, but I think there wouldn't be too many.) Before the NHL tries to grow the game in other countries, they should grow the game here.

The problem with hockey in a lot of place's, is that it is the most expensive sport to play. And you need ice rinks. (I don't know how common they are in Brazil, but I think there wouldn't be too many.) Before the NHL tries to grow the game in other countries, they should grow the game here.

Exactly. We need to get more fans here in america.

Yeah if think for that angle then is true. I know Just one ice rinek, but is Minas Geraes State, and it'is not a like a arena, is just for public skating.

And Brazilian Regulations state that you need to import every machinery new( cars included). Plus add importation taax alone is 60% more. so lets say. A Ferrari cost $250k brand new. in the USa, in Brazil it cost $510k the same Ferrari.

And it gets dumber. The only Brazilian car produce in Brazil. costs $110k if you buy inside Brazil. its estimates it would cost $25k in the USA, with all exportation taxes.

Even dumber we sell Gasoline to Colombia for

yeah... new year's day? rose bowl? not so much.

there's a part of me that's annoyed with the winter classic because of how geographically limiting it is to play it where ice would naturally occur. it's a similar part of me that wants to puke every time the words "original six" are mentioned. you understand... i'm a sharks homer and i want my guys to have their shot.

HOWEVER, i don't mind at all that they keep it in the cold weather regions as long as they start inviting the warm-weather teams to play as the visiting team. that's fair. no real need to host the games in vegas or socal. i think sharks-avs over in mile-high would be fun.

in the near future though, i'd love to see bruins-rags at yankee stadium.

ducks-devs or flyers-devs would be a fun one eventually, too.

Edited by Charlemagne

Way to take sarcasm seriously :thumbsup:

He was being serious...

:blink: :blink:

I'd like you think you'd need SOME kinda fan base or Brazillian star there first

(this would be like me lobbying for Argentina because I have a slingbox and one person in the country watches it :lol:)

I'm sorry, but....really??????? :huh:

yeah... new year's day? rose bowl? not so much.

there's a part of me that's annoyed with the winter classic because of how geographically limiting it is to play it where ice would naturally occur. it's a similar part of me that wants to puke every time the words "original six" are mentioned. you understand... i'm a sharks homer and i want my guys to have their shot.

HOWEVER, i don't mind at all that they keep it in the cold weather regions as long as they start inviting the warm-weather teams to play as the visiting team. that's fair. no real need to host the games in vegas or socal. i think sharks-avs over in mile-high would be fun.

in the near future though, i'd love to see bruins-rags at yankee stadium.

ducks-devs or flyers-devs would be a fun one eventually, too.

I'd personally like to see them do a double-header. For the southern teams to even have a shot at doing this, I'd imagine it would have to be at night. Ice couldn't possibly hold up well under a warm Sun, no matter what technology you've got going for you. So have a day game up north to appease the desire for Original Six involvement and the threat of snow. Then have a night game to keep everyone else involved and make a whole day of hockey out of it.

Doubt it will ever happen, though. Just one game per year is a ton of work, let alone two in one day. But a dream is a dream...

In the next Winter Classic we'll see at least one of these two things: Alex Ovechkin and/or the New York Rangers. Count on it.

What about the possibilty of Devs/Flyers at Giants Stadium?

What about the possibilty of Devs/Flyers at Giants Stadium?

if they end up doing a rags game at yankee stadium, i think they might sooner do devs-flyers down in philly at lincoln financial.

but i think it's going to be a bidding process now, so who knows.

The thing that made the winter classic cool was that it was like playing on a pond. It was purer. If it's gonna be played in Vegas because of technology, that takes it too far away from the original spirit. If you really want to play in Vegas, do it at an FIng rink and call it the Vegas classic or something. Watching guys fight through the snow in Buffalo was special.

To Charlemagne: Sorry, I agree that it sucks to be you, but the only reason the Winter Classic is the league's marquee game is because of the bad weather and borderline pond experience. As soon as you move it to warm weather places, it loses its appeal and becomes an overhyped and potentially unfair regular season game. I have no problem letting southern teams in, just make sure it's a rivalry game, or 2 good teams. I would have no problem seeing the battle for the west, Sharks -Wings. They may not be natural rivals, but it would be cool to see the strongest teams in the west battle it out outside.

Lol and Andy Rymsha! Still have a game puck one of the players tossed to me @ a game, good times.

I sat front row for a Rockin' Rollers game once and a puck landed on my Dad's lap while he was eating a bag of peanuts, sending the tray and the peanuts flying in every which direction. He just sat there, cursing and screaming, because his entire bag of nuts went spilling all over the place while I was dancing in the aisle with my new souvenir. :lol:

(Still have the puck too, BTW)

To Charlemagne: Sorry, I agree that it sucks to be you...

I'm sorry, but that just made me :rofl: