Johnny Oduya to Sharks?

Elias26

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is always sort of right...He said the Devils were in talks with ex-Ranger Jagr, when in fact it was ex-Ranger Shanahan. This could actually be that the Devils are shopping Madden to the sharks, not Oduya. Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) the jack of all rumor mongers...knower on none!

I was at a Preseason game when Oduya was a rookie and I watched him play, and I knew he would be a really good player. And I was right. There is no way we can trade him. Him, Andy Greene (Greenfense), and Martin are our best defenseman. And Sharks don't need any players. They're already going to win the cup after signing Lemuiex.

I was at a Preseason game when Oduya was a rookie and I watched him play, and I knew he would be a really good player. And I was right. There is no way we can trade him. Him, Andy Greene (Greenfense), and Martin are our best defenseman. And Sharks don't need any players. They're already going to win the cup after signing Lemuiex.

I don't know what games you've been watching lately, but Andy Greene sucks something fierce and has since the end of the 2007 playoffs.

I don't know what games you've been watching lately, but Andy Greene sucks something fierce and has since the end of the 2007 playoffs.

After he came back from being scratched, before he got injured, he was our best defenseman. He has always been very strong with his game. Mottau makes more mistakes than him and I think mottau is a decent player, if anyone has fallen off their game it's him. Greene may not be scoring right now but he stills plays his position well.

After he came back from being scratched, before he got injured, he was our best defenseman. He has always been very strong with his game. Mottau makes more mistakes than him and I think mottau is a decent player, if anyone has fallen off their game it's him. Greene may not be scoring right now but he stills plays his position well.

Your delusionsal.

The guy had like 3 good games this year that were blown well out of proportion on this board, and has yet to have an NHL game where he's been "our best defenseman".

Additionally, he's yet to prove he can play a consistent full season. In fact he's had more poor games than great games over his tenure here.

"Plays his position well"?, he's been on the ice for most goals scored on us in the last 7 games or so.

Until I see this "puck-moving defenseman" that he's supposed to be I stand firm - Greene has no business in a Devils uniform.

Edited by DevilinLA

heres what a typical Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) post really says:

Hi everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. I know I did. Me and the fake fam attended all 4 NFL playoff games and it was great. First we all went to Arizona and saw the Cards beat the Falcons. Then we flew to San Diego and watched the Chargers beat the Colts. On Sunday we flew to Miami in 35 minutes to see the Ravens beat the Dolphins. Finally we saw the Eagles beat the Vikings in Minnesota. It has been such a whirwind weekend and I have not had time to think about my life. Or your life. Or anyone's life for that matter. But I have been working the phones all morning on my Fisher Price Walkie Talkie and have all kinds of bullpoop rumours to tell all of you...P5

Jason Spezza is on the move and could be moved at anytime I am told by a fake source named Dany Alfredsson. Dany tells me that Spezza is the cancer holding the Sens back. If they can somehow move Spezza then this team could go all the way and win the Cup. I am hearing from 2 separate fake sources that Spezza could be traded to Calgary for Robyn Regehr. The Flames feel that Regehr is expendable because Phaneuf is already there. There may be other pieces to this deal and names I am hearing are Lombardi, Parcells, Gibbs, Landry and Shula. No more to come later...P3

Well it is really shaping up to be a LOONIE DEADLINE DAY with so many rumours swirling. Some teams have deals already planned but other teams do not. Some of these teams are in the East while some of them are in the West. It is possible that every player in the NHL could be traded on Deadline Day. You just never know. Some big names will be moved because they are already looking ahead to next year. Richard Park is the biggest name on the market and as many as 29 teams are interested in giving up their 1st round pick for him. Park could be this year's Bobby Nystrom. Remember when the Isles picked up Nystrom right before the 1980 Trade Deadline? They went on to win the Cup against the Flyers even though they cheated. My mom threw so many tennis balls at my head that day and I still have nightmares about it. Anyway once Park is moved then more dominoes will be falling and some contingency plans will be released by as many as 29 teams. Dominoes will be falling very fast and the teams which capitalize on these dominoes are the teams which will compete for the Stanley Cup. Do not stay tuned...P2

Speaking of contingency plans, the Thrashers have set a deadline for Kovalchuk to make up his mind on whether he wants to be traded. I am hearing that the Leafs are the clear favourites in this race but to not count out the Habs, Sens, Bruins or Sabres. Also the Rangers, Pens, Flyers and Caps are in this on the outside looking in. On the inside looking out...the Oilers, Flames and Jets have all expressed interest while on the extreme outside looking in at the outer inside are the Whalers, Barons, Nords and Thistles. The Kenora Thistles are a darkhorse and one can never count out the darkhorse. Just because they do not technically have a team does not mean that Ilya Kovalchuk cannot play for them. I mean who expected Gretzky to be an LA King in 1988? Oh wait I did. Never mind. Nothing is imminent...P1

It has been mere days after the historic life changing Winter Classic held in Chicago. I still cannot believe I saw God that day even if no one else did. I am in awe about this great game in America and I will do anything I can to save it from extinction. Thank you all for giving me all your money and I do appreciate it even though my subscription sales are down 100%. You douchebags who still support me are my lifeline. Well I am hearing that next year's Winter Classic could be held in Delaware. You see Bettman wants to commemorate when George Washington crossed the Delaware in the War of Independence. All players will be wearing wigs and dressed in American and British colours. I think it's a great idea. Some key names will be on the backs of the jerseys as well such as Franklin, Madison, Jefferson and Adams. It makes perfect sense and I am even hearing that Benedict Arnold's great great great great grandson will be in attendance. I hope he doesn't bail. I will post more on this as it comes to my ass but until then, aren't you all excited? Can next year's Winter Classic top this year's one? Chris Chelios was alive during the War of Independence and he thinks that it will be just as successful as this year's Wings/Hawks one. Do not stay tuned...P4

I just received non confirmation that Brendan Shanahan could be signing with the Habs as early as today. A press conference is scheduled for 7 pm tonight in Montreal where Bob Gainey will be addressing the media. This could also be something to do with the Habs' Centennial celebrations but rumours are swirling in Montreal for sure. Shanny was last seen buying a FRENCH/ENGLISH dictionary in his Manhattan home. I also just heard that the Habs have ordered some aluminum easton sticks which are not even made anymore. Shanny is the only player in the league who still uses aluminum sticks. So why would the Habs be ordering them? No more to come later as I will not be updating you at all at 4 pm...P3

Some quick hit BS rumours...

Heatley to Leafs P2, Habs P1, Rangers P3, Sabres P4

Alfredsson to Isles P4, Leafs P3, Habs P2, Kings P1

Lecavalier to Habs P5, Habs P5, Habs P5, Habs P5

St. Louis to Blues P5, Blues P5, Blues P5, Blues P5

Satan to Devils P5, Devils P5, Devils P5, Devils P5

As I sit on my toilet talking to all of my sources I have come to a revelation...The Pens will be trading for a puck moving defenseman. Some names I am hearing are Coffey, Bourque, Harvey and Potvin. Expect one of these names to be a Penguin before the trade deadline. I am also hearing that Kevin Lowe may fire himself and be hired by Brian Burke in Toronto. The 2 are best friends and really want to work together. I am hearing that Lowe could be one of the current 45 Leafs Assistant GM's. The Leafs are rumoured to be running out of room for all of their GM's and have decided to move them all into Brian Burke's house in Toronto. Burke will be driving them all to the aiport himself and will not punch them, whack them or bite them in Swedish. Burke is also rumoured to be reading the tea leaves and telling Vesa Toskala to WAKE THE F UP. Nothing more is imminent...P4

Are you by any chance related to Andy Greene? I'm guessing you have to be either his brother or his dad.

heres what a typical Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) post really says:

Hi everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. I know I did. Me and the fake fam attended all 4 NFL playoff games and it was great. First we all went to Arizona and saw the Cards beat the Falcons. Then we flew to San Diego and watched the Chargers beat the Colts. On Sunday we flew to Miami in 35 minutes to see the Ravens beat the Dolphins. Finally we saw the Eagles beat the Vikings in Minnesota. It has been such a whirwind weekend and I have not had time to think about my life. Or your life. Or anyone's life for that matter. But I have been working the phones all morning on my Fisher Price Walkie Talkie and have all kinds of bullpoop rumours to tell all of you...P5

Jason Spezza is on the move and could be moved at anytime I am told by a fake source named Dany Alfredsson. Dany tells me that Spezza is the cancer holding the Sens back. If they can somehow move Spezza then this team could go all the way and win the Cup. I am hearing from 2 separate fake sources that Spezza could be traded to Calgary for Robyn Regehr. The Flames feel that Regehr is expendable because Phaneuf is already there. There may be other pieces to this deal and names I am hearing are Lombardi, Parcells, Gibbs, Landry and Shula. No more to come later...P3

Well it is really shaping up to be a LOONIE DEADLINE DAY with so many rumours swirling. Some teams have deals already planned but other teams do not. Some of these teams are in the East while some of them are in the West. It is possible that every player in the NHL could be traded on Deadline Day. You just never know. Some big names will be moved because they are already looking ahead to next year. Richard Park is the biggest name on the market and as many as 29 teams are interested in giving up their 1st round pick for him. Park could be this year's Bobby Nystrom. Remember when the Isles picked up Nystrom right before the 1980 Trade Deadline? They went on to win the Cup against the Flyers even though they cheated. My mom threw so many tennis balls at my head that day and I still have nightmares about it. Anyway once Park is moved then more dominoes will be falling and some contingency plans will be released by as many as 29 teams. Dominoes will be falling very fast and the teams which capitalize on these dominoes are the teams which will compete for the Stanley Cup. Do not stay tuned...P2

Speaking of contingency plans, the Thrashers have set a deadline for Kovalchuk to make up his mind on whether he wants to be traded. I am hearing that the Leafs are the clear favourites in this race but to not count out the Habs, Sens, Bruins or Sabres. Also the Rangers, Pens, Flyers and Caps are in this on the outside looking in. On the inside looking out...the Oilers, Flames and Jets have all expressed interest while on the extreme outside looking in at the outer inside are the Whalers, Barons, Nords and Thistles. The Kenora Thistles are a darkhorse and one can never count out the darkhorse. Just because they do not technically have a team does not mean that Ilya Kovalchuk cannot play for them. I mean who expected Gretzky to be an LA King in 1988? Oh wait I did. Never mind. Nothing is imminent...P1

It has been mere days after the historic life changing Winter Classic held in Chicago. I still cannot believe I saw God that day even if no one else did. I am in awe about this great game in America and I will do anything I can to save it from extinction. Thank you all for giving me all your money and I do appreciate it even though my subscription sales are down 100%. You douchebags who still support me are my lifeline. Well I am hearing that next year's Winter Classic could be held in Delaware. You see Bettman wants to commemorate when George Washington crossed the Delaware in the War of Independence. All players will be wearing wigs and dressed in American and British colours. I think it's a great idea. Some key names will be on the backs of the jerseys as well such as Franklin, Madison, Jefferson and Adams. It makes perfect sense and I am even hearing that Benedict Arnold's great great great great grandson will be in attendance. I hope he doesn't bail. I will post more on this as it comes to my ass but until then, aren't you all excited? Can next year's Winter Classic top this year's one? Chris Chelios was alive during the War of Independence and he thinks that it will be just as successful as this year's Wings/Hawks one. Do not stay tuned...P4

I just received non confirmation that Brendan Shanahan could be signing with the Habs as early as today. A press conference is scheduled for 7 pm tonight in Montreal where Bob Gainey will be addressing the media. This could also be something to do with the Habs' Centennial celebrations but rumours are swirling in Montreal for sure. Shanny was last seen buying a FRENCH/ENGLISH dictionary in his Manhattan home. I also just heard that the Habs have ordered some aluminum easton sticks which are not even made anymore. Shanny is the only player in the league who still uses aluminum sticks. So why would the Habs be ordering them? No more to come later as I will not be updating you at all at 4 pm...P3

Some quick hit BS rumours...

Heatley to Leafs P2, Habs P1, Rangers P3, Sabres P4

Alfredsson to Isles P4, Leafs P3, Habs P2, Kings P1

Lecavalier to Habs P5, Habs P5, Habs P5, Habs P5

St. Louis to Blues P5, Blues P5, Blues P5, Blues P5

Satan to Devils P5, Devils P5, Devils P5, Devils P5

As I sit on my toilet talking to all of my sources I have come to a revelation...The Pens will be trading for a puck moving defenseman. Some names I am hearing are Coffey, Bourque, Harvey and Potvin. Expect one of these names to be a Penguin before the trade deadline. I am also hearing that Kevin Lowe may fire himself and be hired by Brian Burke in Toronto. The 2 are best friends and really want to work together. I am hearing that Lowe could be one of the current 45 Leafs Assistant GM's. The Leafs are rumoured to be running out of room for all of their GM's and have decided to move them all into Brian Burke's house in Toronto. Burke will be driving them all to the aiport himself and will not punch them, whack them or bite them in Swedish. Burke is also rumoured to be reading the tea leaves and telling Vesa Toskala to WAKE THE F UP. Nothing more is imminent...P4

:rofl::rofl:

I do agree with you about Mottau not playing as well and not as good as Greene has been playing. Both need to play better though. Salvador has not played well, but had a good game tonight along with Greene.

You will not get many on here (there are some here that do watch him and like his play) that will give Greene ANY credit, because they have it set in their minds that he could never be any good which is bogus. he has had some good games this seasn and he has played some bad ones just like Mottau, Salvador and Oduya, but you won't hear the trash talk about them as you hear about Greene. Some of these fans will just not like Greene and will never give him any credit so you can forget it.

I do agree with you about Mottau not playing as well and not as good as Greene has been playing. Both need to play better though. Salvador has not played well, but had a good game tonight along with Greene.

You will not get many on here (there are some here that do watch him and like his play) that will give Greene ANY credit, because they have it set in their minds that he could never be any good which is bogus. he has had some good games this seasn and he has played some bad ones just like Mottau, Salvador and Oduya, but you won't hear the trash talk about them as you hear about Greene. Some of these fans will just not like Greene and will never give him any credit so you can forget it.

Gimme a break dude. If Greene could develop even an iota of consistency to his game, plenty of people would give him his due credit, including me. He sucks, and that is why we rag on him. It's too bad Shanny isn't a defenseman, because then the decision on who to sit would be easy.

Edited by MadDog2020

Gimme a break dude. If Greene could develop even an iota of consistency to his game, plenty of people would give him his due creidt, including me. He sucks, and that is why we rag on him. It's too bad Shanny isn't a defenseman, because then the decision on who to sit would be easy.

No give Greene a break. No need to rag on him each and every game because he has had some good game including tonight. Some just like to rag, piss and moan over Greene no matter what. Green is doing fine in the role he has on this team and I can tell you that instead of ragging on Greene, maybe some need to open their eyes and see how bad Mottau has been so far this season. That will never happen because Greene is the one everyone has set to rag on and its not right IMO.

Don't be so sure thinking what Sutter is thinking because he obviously sees something in Greene like some of us see as well. I wouldn't be so sure about thinking Greene would be the one to sit as Sutter has mentioned before. It could be Mottau that will be sitting and not Greene. This is just a lost cause to discuss because many have it in for Greene, so this is as waste of time.

No give Greene a break. No need to rag on him each and every game because he has had some good game including tonight. Some just like to rag, piss and moan over Greene no matter what. Green is doing fine in the role he has on this team and I can tell you that instead of ragging on Greene, maybe some need to open their eyes and see how bad Mottau has been so far this season. That will never happen because Greene is the one everyone has set to rag on and its not right IMO.

Don't be so sure thinking what Sutter is thinking because he obviously sees something in Greene like some of us see as well. I wouldn't be so sure about thinking Greene would be the one to sit as Sutter has mentioned before. It could be Mottau that will be sitting and not Greene. This is just a lost cause to discuss because many have it in for Greene, so this is as waste of time.

I repeat: there would be no need to trash Greene if he was a consistently solid performer. I remember many people ripping on Oduya when he first got here too. Guess what: Oduya has actually IMPROVED year over year and become a very servicable top 4 defenseman who brings a solid game to the table on a consistent basis. And, not coincidentally, we view Oduya as an asset and someone who should be re-signed to a somewhat lucrative contract. If Greene showed Oduya's year to year improvement, no one would say boo. Of that I assure you.

I repeat: there would be no need to trash Greene if he was a consistently solid performer. I remember many people ripping on Oduya when he first got here too. Guess what: Oduya has actually IMPROVED year over year and become a very servicable top 4 defenseman who brings a solid game to the table on a consistent basis. And, not coincidentally, we view Oduya as an asset and someone who should be re-signed to a somewhat lucrative contract. If Greene showed Oduya's year to year improvement, no one would say boo. Of that I assure you.

you are better off if you just ignore him

For the record I gave Andy ten games to get back in form since retuning while refusing to bash him....

but there is still nothing there.

I can tell you personally from the 2 CAL games that Sutter didn't yell at Mottau once, wheras in each game he majorly chewed Andy out twice on the bench...and that's just 2 games.

Get over the "Greene Conspiracy Theory" and.....Just honestly tell me what Green has contributed since coming back. Comparing him with Sal or Mottau is ridiculous as both have shown that they can play a consistent NHL season already.

1.)Mike is at least very "hockey smart" (and for my money has as much offensive upside as Andy)

2.) Sal at least knows the meaning of "take the body" and plays a very physical game where as Andy is a powderpuff. I'll grant Andy that he can skate better this season, but little has come of it so far - too bad Shanny's coming back or he his last chance of staying on this team in the offseason might have been to convert to a power forward.

I'd love nothing more that for Andy to be the developing young puck-mover that the devils have been awaiting all these years - with a great future in front of him...but....

Sorry the evidence is on the ice and in the stats.

Edited by DevilinLA