LOST: Season 5

metallidevils

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome episode! terrible CGI for the sub

I thought the same thing....good setup for the finale. A lot of interesting places to take the characters for a final season.

Scrubs was great...good send off after a few bad seasons. Glad they didn't hype it up too much because it would've been a let down, there were supposed to be sooooo many guest stars from previous seasons and there were only a couple, most were from the series as running gags or whatever....

Can someone explain Richard to me, in some brief, vague way, if you know how? How does this dude stick around and never physically change? Next week shoudl be a whopper, I am fairly confused already by the last two episodes!

Can someone explain Richard to me, in some brief, vague way, if you know how? How does this dude stick around and never physically change? Next week shoudl be a whopper, I am fairly confused already by the last two episodes!

He, Desmond, and to an extent Faraday have the whole time thing figured out (although I don't think Desmond knows quite yet) I think they are immune to it, Jacob will probably be another one...

As far as what exactly Richard is? like Ben said...he's an advisor and he's been that for a long, long time :)

Call me crazy but the more I think about it I keep having this weird feeling Jack is Jacob.

I thought that too...he went from very much a man of Science to complete Faith and is pinning everything on his beliefs and Faraday's...

The one problem I have is how Richard said he remembers the guys because he watched them all die...Is he mistaken? Curious to see how that pans out...

I don't know. My guess is that time travel is not a factor in season 6. Season 1 planted the seed for everything - the whispers, the others, smoke monster, walt, numbers, etc. I think that these questions will be answered without time travel. So I think that Jack and co. will be back in the present.

I knew what was in the box - but only when Frank said "I wish you hadn't shown me that" with his mild yicky face (I have witnesses!) I had no idea about the final outcome - that was great! Good to know who the statue is finally - Michael Emerson said it in an article but I still wasn't sure he knew what he was talking about.

I knew what was in the box - but only when Frank said "I wish you hadn't shown me that" with his mild yicky face (I have witnesses!) I had no idea about the final outcome - that was great! Good to know who the statue is finally - Michael Emerson said it in an article but I still wasn't sure he knew what he was talking about.

I dunno...didn't he say in the interview that the statue was Tawaret? Tawaret has a body of a hippo and is notably female...Cuse and Lindelof have always referenced the statue as "his" as in we've seen "his" back and "his" side...also the body is too slender and muscular to be a hippo to me... the original meaning of the goddess is of evil which makes a little sense but not really since Jacob seems to be the good force on the island...and then the meaning even evolved into the more positive "protector of childbirth" which doesn't make sense at all given the islands nature....

I would say the statue more resembles Sobek...a creator god who came out of the chaos of the ocean to create the world...this statue also often is represented holding an ankh, which can be used to undo evil and cure ills....Sobek also caught the four sons of Horus (Horace...hmmm) :D

yes, a slight love of Egyptian and Greek mythology combined with the internet and Wikipedia does wonders :P

ahaha...just noticed wikipedia's entry for Sobek has a pop culture listing and has him revealed as the 4-toed statue :D

I had mixed feelings about the episode.

On the one hand, right from the start when they showed

Jacob and that other guy on the island -- and the hatred between them -- I immediately thought of the Biblical story of Jacob and Esau and had to go to the Internet during commercial breaks to look it up to see if it might have any relevance to Lost. (I haven't read any Bible stories since I was a kid.)

I still don't know if it has anything to do with what happened last night, but maybe.

So that part of the story line I liked, as well as what's been going on with Richard, Locke and even Ben.

But some of the other stuff -- the interplay between Sawyer and Juliet and Kate and Jack -- once again came off as pretty lame. Like are we supposed to believe that

Jack was doing all that just so he could get a "do-over" with Kate?

And the part where

Juliet fell down the well shaft and didn't die ... and Sawyer's reaction to her falling

... it was enough to make a person roll his eyes. I mean, some of the scenes reeked of a Lifetime TV movie. My wife thinks the show jumped the shark, but I wouldn't go that far. I just think that aspect of the show is not its greatest strongpoint.

I definitely want to watch the episode again to see what I missed, which is probably a lot.

Edited by 95Crash

I had mixed feelings about the episode.

On the one hand, right from the start when they showed

Jacob and that other guy on the island -- and the hatred between them -- I immediately thought of the Biblical story of Jacob and Esau and had to go to the Internet during commercial breaks to look it up to see if it might have any relevance to Lost. (I haven't read any Bible stories since I was a kid.)

I still don't know if it has anything to do with what happened last night, but maybe.

So that part of the story line I liked, as well as what's been going on with Richard, Locke and even Ben.

But some of the other stuff -- the interplay between Sawyer and Juliet and Kate and Jack -- once again came off as pretty lame. Like are we supposed to believe that

Jack was doing all that just so he could get a "do-over" with Kate?

And the part where

Juliet fell down the well shaft and didn't die ... and Sawyer's reaction to her falling

... it was enough to make a person roll his eyes. I mean, some of the scenes reeked of a Lifetime TV movie. My wife thinks the show jumped the shark, but I wouldn't go that far. I just think that aspect of the show is not its greatest strongpoint.

I definitely want to watch the episode again to see what I missed, which is probably a lot.

I think the stuff with Jack was more important than that one line...I think the following

if it was meant to be then its meant to be

spoke volumes about what his character has gone through and what he is about now as did his line of

I wouldn't give up on him [Locke] yet

to Richard...while the do-over might have been the surface of his motivation what it signified was of more importance. As far as Juliet and Sawyer...they needed to show commitment and obviously didn't feel they did it with the crew backing up Jack at the end...I think its more of a case of

her significance ending and a way to get the Oceanic crew on board with what's to come...which in my opinion is the final battle of light and dark, Jack and Smokey...which I'll get into when I have more time to think it through...

And while I might have thought the show jumped the shark earlier into this season and maybe even more so mid to late last season..it seems to have all been for a reason...i really think they are building up something big and the story of Lost is becoming a insanely complex story of good vs. evil....

"Two players, two sides. One is light, one is dark." - John Locke Season 1

And while I might have thought the show jumped the shark earlier into this season and maybe even more so mid to late last season..it seems to have all been for a reason...i really think they are building up something big and the story of Lost is becoming a insanely complex story of good vs. evil....

"Two players, two sides. One is light, one is dark." - John Locke Season 1

I pretty much agree with you. But some of the sappier scenes are a little hard to take.

It is still me favorite show (Rescue Me and Fringe being my second and third favorites).

I pretty much agree with you. But some of the sappier scenes are a little hard to take.

It is still me favorite show (Rescue Me and Fringe being my second and third favorites).

yeah i get that...I just think that with all the death on the show that they have to connect the characters somehow to make it have more of an impact...the handled it well with Charlie and even with Locke...I just think that they are throwing out this more epic and action filled story line and the other sappier scenes intrude a bit...