One Devils All-Star? Ridiculous

SC Devs Fan

One Devils All-Star? Ridiculous

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2009/01...ridiculous.html

We all know that Martin Brodeur will get his job back when he returns in late February or thereabouts, but will that make for an awkward situation if Clemmensen is 29-11-1 at that point and on the verge of a 30-win season?

"I can answer that best by saying those are problems you'd rather have than not have," Devils' GM Lou Lamoriello told me Thursday morning.

You know... I'd have to laugh REALLY hard if Marty got sat because Clemmensen was chasing a silly regular season record :rofl:

That would be some poetic justice, haha.

Now, in analyzing the Lou-speak, I think they may be expecting Marty back a little sooner than the 1st. Lou likes to err on the side of caution.

Things have a way of working out, We'll have to see what we do.

I read that as trading Clemmer. Its the only fair thing to do for both parties. [/reality]Clemmer has proven to be a capable #1[reality]. Both Clemmer and Weekes are UFA's, and we can get the best return from Clemmer if we trade him to a team trying to make the playoff push. Weekes can play, but everyone has Clemmer on their minds when they think of the devils.

PLEASE TRADE CLEMMER! Why make the same mistake as with Gomez... we knew he was leaving, we could have received a ton of loot for him. If any team in the NHL offers Clemmer a 1A goaltending position, he is gone. He wasnt even our backup until Marty went down.

Though I HIGHLY doubt it would happen for a number of reasons, I really like the way they used to do it back in the day where the NHL pits the defending Stanley Cup winners against the best the rest of the league has to offer. It maximizes skill on the team, and at the same time tests the cliche that having a true "team" with chemistry and all is more important than a whole mess of skill. Also if you did it that way you could have the young-stars participate in the skills competition which, considering how skilled some of them are each year, wouldn't be a bad idea.

About the actual article though, I definatly think Elias deserves to be there but im certainly not complaining that he denied the league after they screwd him over in the first place. let Patty enjoy his week off in mexico with his smokin hot wife. Clemmer, though he has played amazing for us. I don't think should be there. Clemmer doesn't even think he should. He commented about how he belived the all-star game was something you get after playing in the league for a while and paying your dues. Clemmer has only had part of one season with above average numbers that he got with ALOT of help from a very over-achieving defense that has done more than anyone could have asked of them when it comes to clearing the hundred or so rebounds clemmer gives off each game from becoming goals.

So, yeah, Chere is right. It is rediculous that we only have parise in the All-star game, and if Brodeur was playing this season what then?! imagine if the league had the balls to deney both Elias AND Parise from the game because they apply to this rediculous system of sending atleast one player from each team! It could've been ludicrous instead its just rediculous.

30 wins isn't a record, just a milestone. And I highly doubt that even if Marty's ready to come back, that he'll automatically play the last 15 or 16 games of the regular season like normal. Clemmensen will have to play a few down the stretch, you'd hope.

So, yeah, Chere is right. It is rediculous that we only have parise in the All-star game, and if Brodeur was playing this season what then?! imagine if the league had the balls to deney both Elias AND Parise from the game because they apply to this rediculous system of sending atleast one player from each team! It could've been ludicrous instead its just rediculous.

Geez I didn't think of that - yeah Zach might have gotten shafted too. All the left wings are the only All-Star representative for each team. Actually only Montreal, Boston and Pittsburgh have more than one All-Star if I remember correctly.

That would be some poetic justice, haha.

Now, in analyzing the Lou-speak, I think they may be expecting Marty back a little sooner than the 1st. Lou likes to err on the side of caution.

It bugs me that the company line right now is the goal is for him to go "full-out" in practice on March 1st.

March 1st is a Sunday, and we play an afternoon home game against the Flyers that day - ain't gonna be a practice.

It's just semantics, I know...it just drives me a little crazy.

Yeah, that's pretty bad too. Datsyuk has been the best in the west this year imo. Don't know if he got hurt or just said screw it.

Lidstrom and Datsyuk said screw it and are suspended a game now as per NHL rules....

Linky

not sure how to feel about it....just a skills comp I get that but they got voted in one way or the other and to flat out say no isn't exactly right...

I read that as trading Clemmer. Its the only fair thing to do for both parties.

I don't know I think the Devils would love to have him at that price for the rest of the year, and Clemer would love having his stats from being on the devils going into UFA this offseason. Unless maybe a team like Detroit wants him he's probably best off (for his next contract) staying with the devils for the year cause if he goes to a terrible defensive team like Colorado and gets exposed then he will lose some money this offseason.