No guarantee Martin Brodeur will regain his role as everyday goalie

Rock

With Brodeur's skill set, how could he really play any worse than Clemmensen?

I don't say this as a purposeful knock on Clemmensen, but really, has Clemmensen really stood on his head and won us games? Has Weekes? These guys have performed admirably, but they aren't world beaters. They're doing a good job as caretakers by not letting in too many soft goals on most nights and keeping us in the game rather than letting us get blown out.

But I fail to see how Brodeur couldn't possibly step in and at least perform at that level. 3 months off for surgery isn't going to make a guy forget how to play goalie in the NHL.

A Martin Brodeur at 80% is still better then a Clemmenson or Weeks at 100%

Clemmensen's luck factor kinda changes that

I swept the table in poker Saturday and got a close replay call and the Steelers letting the clock hit zero to hit the 3-0 box in the first quarter and my luck STILL is dwarfed by Clemmy's!!! :P

I don't think Marty will play in Lowell at all. He'll just play a few hard practices and random games to start. I don't think he, himself, would want to jump right in and play. Because he'll know that he still needs to watch he doesn't re-injure himself, and because the team is winning. He doesn't have an ego where he'd say 'I'm ready to play, get out of my crease and sit on the bench'. You also gotta realize that every team we play will be testing out that glove hand of his. So he HAS to make sure it's 110%. As good as clemmenson has been, if it wasn't for our team scoring, we wouldn't be winning. That's the difference brodeur brings. I just hope he isn't still flopping around like a fish when he gets back :koolaid:

Clemmensen's luck factor kinda changes that

I swept the table in poker Saturday and got a close replay call and the Steelers letting the clock hit zero to hit the 3-0 box in the first quarter and my luck STILL is dwarfed by Clemmy's!!! :P

It's all in his pads, I tell ya.

Brodeur I think will return on Thursday, February 26 vs. Colorado at home in the Prudential Center after the Devils finish a 3-game road trip in Florida, TB and the NYI.

Don't see him playing any games down in Lowell and when he is ready he will play.

Still though, Sutter has to make some kind of schedule of what games Clemmensen will still play down the stretch (incase God forbid something happens to Brodeur) and the rest Brodeur plays up to the end of the season. Weekes will be either released on waivers or possibly in a trade to a team that needs a backup goalie who is injured.

Brodeur I think will return on Thursday, February 26 vs. Colorado at home in the Prudential Center after the Devils finish a 3-game road trip in Florida, TB and the NYI.

Don't see him playing any games down in Lowell and when he is ready he will play.

Still though, Sutter has to make some kind of schedule of what games Clemmensen will still play down the stretch (incase God forbid something happens to Brodeur) and the rest Brodeur plays up to the end of the season. Weekes will be either released on waivers or possibly in a trade to a team that needs a backup goalie who is injured.

St. Louis, Nashville, LA, Ottawa, Atlanta, Tampa. < All in need of a decent goalie.

St. Louis, Nashville, LA, Ottawa, Atlanta, Tampa. < All in need of a decent goalie.

and all of these teams are out of the playoffs. furthermore all of these teams have a guy who they think is either a #1 or a future #1 or is signed for #1 money. (mason, rinne, bernier, elliott, lehtonen/pavelec, smith respectively).

Why?

Why shouldn't he have to EARN it and show he's back 100%??

What about Clemmensen who like I said has kept this team intact (Weekes too)... and don't their efforts DESERVE the right to play on if Marty is not ready or flops???

This is what makes this guy awesome coach.... it's the same way Pando earned his way out

be good or sit your ass!!!

You know, as much as we all love Marty, Crasher has a great point. Spots are earned, for rookies as well as for future HOFers. Plus wouldn't you rather have the hot goaltender in the lineup? Also, we all know Marty is itching to play ASAP, so he'll probably be back to form in no-time.

You know, as much as we all love Marty, Crasher has a great point. Spots are earned, for rookies as well as for future HOFers. Plus wouldn't you rather have the hot goaltender in the lineup? Also, we all know Marty is itching to play ASAP, so he'll probably be back to form in no-time.

You don't need to look far to see proof of this

ask the Jet fans about the HOF QB getting to play based on reputation and what he was... how far did it get them?? :P

If he's on a high level, the job is OBVIOUSLY is... but if he's not, he doesn't deserve to be handed the starts because of what he WAS

This is such a non issue. Clemmenson has done what he is supposed to do as a backup, if not more. He has been in net for more wins than I thought he would have been, but he has looked awkward in just about every game played. He has been about as lucky as any person an be, and the team in front of him has bailed him out alot. My bigger concern is not whether or not Brodeur plays, it's how the team plays in front of him. If we start playing to win games 2-1, or 1-0, I will be pissed. They have to keep attacking like they have been all year, and not sit back thinking Marty can close out a game once they have the lead.

Edited by chrisg19

Marty plays as much as he can when he is 100% healthy, which should be around the playoffs. Until then Clemmer spells him. Going to suck for him when we make the playoffs and Clemmer rides the bench, but realistically what did he expect when he signed here - to win the job from the best goalie of all time?

I see that the masses are panting to get Marty back in the crease.

With the kind of injury he's had, he'd better take it nice and slow. A torn tendon is nothing to sneeze at.

B )

From what I've read, once the muscle is reattached it is as good as new.

There is virtually zero chance of this injury re-occuring.

I think most people are concerned about an injury to a different part of him, due to the rust of not playing since Nov.

The trainers have info on his physical strengths before the injury, and once they see he is back to those levels, he'll be cleared to play as much as he did before.

I highly doubt they will rest him significantly more than they did before this injury.

I expect him to come back and play 90% of the games & minutes from there on out.

Marty is winning this job back no questions asked. If he comes back against Colorado that means there will be 22 team games left. He will get a minimum of 15 starts in.

Clemmer has done an admirable job, but the guy has won 1 game when the Devils have scored less than 3 goals. Compare that with Brodeur who had 3 such wins in the first 4 games of the season. This Clemmer = Brodeur garbage is ridiculous. Clemmer has benefitted from the best offensive Devils team since 00-01.