Denny's

sammyk

Denny's has really reduced their presence around here. The one closest to me turned into an IHOP a couple years ago, and at the same time they closed two others -- both of which were popular and close to many of the Albany colleges -- leaving one on what is basically Albany's Restaurant Row, another out in the middle of suburbia and another way the heck up in Saratoga.

OK, maybe y'all hadn't heard of it...Denny's had a free Grand Slam today from 6a-2p. People were standing in lines in 15 degree weather in Ohio. Around here one of them had a school bus pull up. I waited around 30 minutes just to get rainchecks.

OK, maybe y'all hadn't heard of it...Denny's had a free Grand Slam today from 6a-2p. People were standing in lines in 15 degree weather in Ohio. Around here one of them had a school bus pull up. I waited around 30 minutes just to get rainchecks.

Yeah, I heard about it. We only saw the commercial a billion times. My sister and I thought about going but decided against it; since neither one of us would have been able to get there for lunch, we would have had to get up way too early to go for breakfast. No thank you, we enjoy free greasy food as much as the next person but we enjoy sleep even more.

Denny's has really reduced their presence around here. The one closest to me turned into an IHOP a couple years ago, and at the same time they closed two others -- both of which were popular and close to many of the Albany colleges -- leaving one on what is basically Albany's Restaurant Row, another out in the middle of suburbia and another way the heck up in Saratoga.

Is the Denny's by the cracker barrel by I90 gone now? (East Greenbush i think)

Is the Denny's by the cracker barrel by I90 gone now? (East Greenbush i think)

No, that's the "suburbia" one I mentioned. They closed the one in Clifton Park (the one that became an IHOP), the one on Central Ave. (good riddance, that one was a sh!thole), and the one on Western Ave. across from Stuyvesant Plaza (huge mistake, IMO). The only Denny's in Albany anymore is on Wolf Road, where it blends in with the other 500 restaurants there.

Yeah, I heard about it. We only saw the commercial a billion times. My sister and I thought about going but decided against it; since neither one of us would have been able to get there for lunch, we would have had to get up way too early to go for breakfast. No thank you, we enjoy free greasy food as much as the next person but we enjoy sleep even more.

That's why you should have gotten the raincheck. We waited in line for that but turned out we didn't have to. Now I can go at my leisure anytime before Feb 13th.