Official 2009 NFL Off-season Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the releases started yesterday and Sam Madison, Sammy Knight, Reuben Droughns, and Pacman Jones got released just to name a few.

MadDog (and other Dolphins fans), why hasn't Ernest Wilford been cut yet? :noclue::giggle: Don't be surprised if he isn't released. I read an article where it states if they cut Wilford it will be more expensive than keeping him--

Rotoworld

I have no idea what they're waiting for, but I'm rather sure it won't be much longer. Bummer about Old Man Favre. Was really hoping for one more year like last year.

Favre retires....dammit, would have loved to see Brett hurt the Jets cap another season :evil:

he still might

CMON FRAUD!!!

(then again he did his damage already :lol:)

I wouldn't put it past douche Favre to retire now, then unretire when the Jets are neck up against the cap so they have to let him go. Especially since he STILL wants to go to the Vikings, but the Jets can't trade him there and won't release him at this point.

To think this clown used to be my favorite non-Jet...I hope he stays the hell out but I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Edited by Hasan4978
I wouldn't put it past douche Favre to retire now, then unretire when the Jets are neck up against the cap so they have to let him go. Especially since he STILL wants to go to the Vikings, but the Jets can't trade him there and won't release him at this point.

To think this clown used to be my favorite non-Jet...I hope he stays the hell out but I'm not holding my breath just yet.

I doubt he pulls any shenanigans this time Has. Even Favre has to realize just how stupid he would look if he goes back on his word again. Plus, if the Jets released him, wouldn't the cap hit be even bigger?

Favre to the Cowboys?

You might want to rethink that... :D

Brett Farve tells New York Jets He's Retiring

Not sure if this "New Thread Worthy" but thought this would as good of a place as any.

Edit : Sorry, didn't see LOTCB's breaking of the news at noon today...should have scrolled a little higher! At least we have a nice shiny link to click, right? Right??? :doh1:

Edited by Bulletproof
You might want to rethink that... :D

Brett Farve tells New York Jets He's Retiring

Not sure if this "New Thread Worthy" but thought this would as good of a place as any.

Edit : Sorry, didn't see LOTCB's breaking of the news at noon today...should have scrolled a little higher! At least we have a nice shiny link to click, right? Right??? :doh1:

The end of the Farve Error in New York.

On behalf of the Miami Dolphins franchise and Dolphins fans everywhere, I would like to say to Brett Favre for one final time: THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :)

Agreed. The Jets stupidity in Farve was the best thing to eve happen to Miami. The Fins shore up their D and sign a vet receiver they will probably win the Eastern Confernce next year.

P.S. Drew Rosenhaus has to be the worst agent ever. First TO and now Burress, does he just represent head cases? What teams would consider his clients in the future?

Agreed. The Jets stupidity in Farve was the best thing to eve happen to Miami. The Fins shore up their D and sign a vet receiver they will probably win the Eastern Confernce next year.

P.S. Drew Rosenhaus has to be the worst agent ever. First TO and now Burress, does he just represent head cases? What teams would consider his clients in the future?

Winning the division will be tougher next year- New England has Brady coming back, and I think the Jets will be better, just by the subtraction of Favre and Mangini. I don't know who the Jets will have at QB- whether they make a run at a Kurt Warner, or they go with one of the kids- either way, Rex Ryan will want to run the football, and that is certainly the Jets' strength on offense. Whoever the QB is will not be dropping back 35-40 times a game like last year- it'll be a heavy dose of Leon Washington and Thomas Jones. That alone should lead to more wins for the Jets. Buffalo- LOL. They suck and I fully expect two wins over them next year. Jauron is a fvcking assclown pathetic head coach.

We need a veteran WR very badly. I'm sure the Tuna has at least called Arizona about Boldin (another Rosenhaus client), but it will likely cost too much in picks and a new contract to get him. TO- forget it, no way, no how. Next. Houschmazode (championship!)- maybe we'll make a run at him if the price is right, but he is 32 years old- I'd prefer someone younger. Obviously, we need another LB (I'm hoping for Bart Scott) and a CB (likely the draft for that- no shut-down corners are ever available, and Asoumgha will cost entirely too much in picks and a new deal to go after). If we can solidify those areas- and add some more depth to the o-line- we should be right in the thick of things again in '09.

Edited by MadDog2020
I don't think Warner'll play anywhere except Arizona. I wouldn't even want him with the Jets anyway as much as I like Jesus' disciple, like Favre he needs to be in a warm weather - dome climate. We saw how bad Warner was with the Giants in NY years ago.

I could totally see Woody getting all star-struck again with Warner if he tests the market. Another guy who's a SB winner, been to multiple SB's, big name, coming off a huge year, HOF-type guy. We all know Woody wants to sell those PSL's, and his meal ticket just walked away. Woody is a moron who knows pretty much nothing about football, so I could see them chasing Warner for the same reasons they went after Favre.

I could totally see Woody getting all star-struck again with Warner if he tests the market. Another guy who's a SB winner, been to multiple SB's, big name, coming off a huge year, HOF-type guy. We all know Woody wants to sell those PSL's, and his meal ticket just walked away. Woody is a moron who knows pretty much nothing about football, so I could see them chasing Warner for the same reasons they went after Favre.

I think Warner is too smart for that

he can punch his ticket and go wherever he wants... and with the Jet WR situation... NO WAY would he go there

it's either Arizona or the hall of fame for him

I think Warner is too smart for that

he can punch his ticket and go wherever he wants... and with the Jet WR situation... NO WAY would he go there

it's either Arizona or the hall of fame for him

I think he is too, but if Arizona decides to go with Leinart and they let Warner walk, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets make a huge pitch for him- they saved a bunch of money on the cap through Favre leaving, so I'm guessing they can offer him whatever any other team could in terms of money. Whether they actually get him or not is another story, but I think Woody will see another big-name, HOF-calibre QB, think about his prescious PSL's, and nut all over himself like he did with the old fart.

Edited by MadDog2020

It's pretty much official: Warner signs in Arizona or he retires that is basically the edict of Brenda Warner. She is tired of moving the family and will not move again. She also wants Kurt to retire. His second coming is DONE.

Brady will NOT be back in NE next year, which is why they FT'd Cassel. He is out next year and may be back the following year, as his knees are NOT responding well to surgery.

Thought I love Rex Ryan, and Brian Schottenhemier I think next year is a growth year with the Jets, they will NOT challenge for the division, but will probably win a Wild Card spot.

The Fins SHOULD win the division with ease next year....because of the tougher schedule.

It's pretty much official: Warner signs in Arizona or he retires that is basically the edict of Brenda Warner. She is tired of moving the family and will not move again. She also wants Kurt to retire. His second coming is DONE.

Brady will NOT be back in NE next year, which is why they FT'd Cassel. He is out next year and may be back the following year, as his knees are NOT responding well to surgery. Thought I love Rex Ryan, and Brian Schottenhemier I think next year is a growth year with the Jets, they will NOT challenge for the division, but will probably win a Wild Card spot.

The Fins SHOULD win the division with ease next year....because of the tougher schedule.

The latest I heard was that Brady would be back and that his rehab was going pretty well. :noclue: If he isn't coming back next year either, color me a happy guy. And Brady or no Brady, New England will be a pain in the ass as they always are. Cassell can play, and Belichick can coach. The tougher schedule will obviously make things more difficult for the Dolphins. I don't seeing us winning the division "with ease" because of that and New England- but it's certainly winnable for us.

Another week, another thug created in the NFL:

CULVER CITY, Calif. - Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested in Southern California on a weapons charge, police said Sunday.

Police said Lynch was arrested Wednesday night after officers approached him and two other men sitting in a 2006 Mercedes-Benz in this Los Angeles suburb and found a loaded firearm.

Lynch was arrested after officers determined the gun belonged to him. He was released that night on US$35,000 bail.

Culver City police did not immediately return a phone message seeking information about why officers approached Lynch and his companions.

Lynch's lawyer, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, said his client was not involved in a traffic incident. Schwartzbach said the player was in California to visit friends.

A Bills spokesman had no comment.

The 22-year-old Lynch was the Bills' first-round draft pick out of California in 2007. He played in his first Pro Bowl earlier this month after being added to the team in place of injured Tennessee running back Chris Johnson.

Lynch's arrest marked the second time in less than a year that he has been in trouble with the law.