Official 2009 NFL Off-season Thread

MB3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buffalo Bills cut Derrick Dockery:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-120...off-roster.html

Here's a stunner: The Buffalo Bills have cut left guard Derrick Dockery.

The Bills made Dockery one of the NFL's highest-paid offensive linemen two years ago, when they signed him to a seven-year, $49 million contract, with $18.5 million in guarantees.

Dockery, who spent the first four years of his career with the Washington Redskins, has started 93 straight games. The Redskins selected him in the third round of the 2003 draft.

The Buffalo Bills cut Derrick Dockery:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-120...off-roster.html

Here's a stunner: The Buffalo Bills have cut left guard Derrick Dockery.

The Bills made Dockery one of the NFL's highest-paid offensive linemen two years ago, when they signed him to a seven-year, $49 million contract, with $18.5 million in guarantees.

Dockery, who spent the first four years of his career with the Washington Redskins, has started 93 straight games. The Redskins selected him in the third round of the 2003 draft.

Still on the sauce, eh Clown? :P

I sense a Laverneous Coles and Chad Pennington reunion in the air!!!!

No doubt!!! :boogie:

Eh.

I can see Coles and Pennington happening if the deal is right, but I'm of the opinilon that we should let that ship sail.

I like that we've kept a lot of our key free agents like Crowder and Carey. I also love that we're on the verge of signing Brown potentially, though I wouldn't be crushed if we don't get him, as there's like three or four top-level centers in this year's draft.

But we don't need Coles unless he's going to come in with a discount deal. He's always injured. And also of note from http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-14...T-J--land-.html

Why not: Miami coach Tony Sparano said at the NFL combine that he likes his current receiver group and would prefer to build through the draft. We will see in a couple of days if that was more smoke and mirrors from the Dolphins.

If they stick to that, then I'm fine with the current corps + some rookies unless you get one of the top two receivers that are potentially available (Housh and Boldin). Assuming we can book Goodman and either Bell or Hill, our next signing should be a second pash rusher to compliment Porter.

Eh.

I can see Coles and Pennington happening if the deal is right, but I'm of the opinilon that we should let that ship sail.

I like that we've kept a lot of our key free agents like Crowder and Carey. I also love that we're on the verge of signing Brown potentially, though I wouldn't be crushed if we don't get him, as there's like three or four top-level centers in this year's draft.

But we don't need Coles unless he's going to come in with a discount deal. He's always injured. And also of note from http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-14...T-J--land-.html

If they stick to that, then I'm fine with the current corps + some rookies unless you get one of the top two receivers that are potentially available (Housh and Boldin). Assuming we can book Goodman and either Bell or Hill, our next signing should be a second pash rusher to compliment Porter.

The Tuna and Ireland are pretty high on Cameon Wake. I think he's their guy for that right now.

The Tuna and Ireland are pretty high on Cameon Wake. I think he's their guy for that right now.

OK, I forgot about that and am retarded. He should get the year to prove he can do what he did in the CFL.

Draft a big posession WR, see if you can develop him. You have a young QB backing up Chad (who needs some looks this year in blowouts; Chad is a FA next year unless I missed an extension being signed), two running backs that are good for another year, a solid, young offensive line, solid defensive front 7, and likely two good safeties.

I'm still concerned about Will Allen, but really all he has to do to hold up his end is not suck.

OK, I forgot about that and am retarded. He should get the year to prove he can do what he did in the CFL.

Draft a big posession WR, see if you can develop him. You have a young QB backing up Chad (who needs some looks this year in blowouts; Chad is a FA next year unless I missed an extension being signed), two running backs that are good for another year, a solid, young offensive line, solid defensive front 7, and likely two good safeties.

I'm still concerned about Will Allen, but really all he has to do to hold up his end is not suck.

I have three words: Darius Hayward-Bay.

I have three words: Darius Hayward-Bay.

I'd be surprised if he fell to us and we took him.

No one has a read on who Miami would take, but I've seen all but one mock draft so far having them take an outside linebacker. Mind you, mock drafts aren't always worth the website their posted on, and that could change if we lock up an outside linebacker (if Bart Scott isn't cap-friendly, take a look at that guy Indianapolis just let walk and see if he's worth it) in FA.

Haynesworth to the Skins for 7 years/100 million. Its on ESPN now as breaking news.

I've heard that Bart Scott signed with the Jets, but I don't see anything anywhere as mentioning it being done, but I wouldnt be surprised at all if it is, so don't take that one as anything but a rumor right now.

Haynesworth to the Skins for 7 years/100 million. Its on ESPN now as breaking news.

I've heard that Bart Scott signed with the Jets, but I don't see anything anywhere as mentioning it being done, but I wouldnt be surprised at all if it is, so don't take that one as anything but a rumor right now.

The Dolphins re-signed Yeremiah Bell as well. And Washington signed DeAngelo Hall to a ridiculous contract- something like $54 mil for 6 years. I'm really happy my owner is not Dan Snyder, and I am not a Redskins fan. That franchise is a fvcking joke.

Fred Taylor is a Patriot.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/taylor-to-...th-new-england/

So is Chris Baker

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/patriots-r...h-ex-jet-baker/

And the article supporting Scott (and some guy named Ivy) to the Jets is: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/jets-expec...-sign-lb-scott/ The blog also believes that Ray Lewis is done as a Raven and Brown will sign in St. Louis, maybe as early as today. Man, the Ravens are getting fleeced this offseason.

Fred Taylor is a Patriot.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/taylor-to-...th-new-england/

So is Chris Baker

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/patriots-r...h-ex-jet-baker/

And the article supporting Scott (and some guy named Ivy) to the Jets is: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/jets-expec...-sign-lb-scott/ The blog also believes that Ray Lewis is done as a Raven and Brown will sign in St. Louis, maybe as early as today. Man, the Ravens are getting fleeced this offseason.

Cory Ivy, I believe he's a corner. Brown can fvck off. He's asking for Faneca money to play center. If the Rams are dumb enough to pay a center $7 mil a year, then whatever. It's amazing to me that teams just continue to shell out ridiculous cash for guys like that when it's proven time and time again elite teams are built through the draft. I wanted Brown, but not at that price. Ridiculous.

Sad but true. We are NOT going to be the same team next year. Too many valuable parts leaving.

If Ray-Ray leaves......

I don't buy this retirement bullsh!t at all. Get over yourself, Ray- you're lucky to be a free man to begin with. You're 37 fvcking years old and you're on the decline. No one's gonna pay you what you think you're worth. Sign with Baltimore and end your career there like you should.

I'd have love to see the Steelers get Saturday, then draft Mack and move either Saturday or Mack to the LG position.

Anyway, for the Steelers.. They cut Simmons (RG) and Smith (FS) their priority's to get more depth for the G position(Cause they only got one in Darrell Stapleton..) and to re-sign McFadden so they can build their O-line through the Draft.

Plus, they'll have to make new deals with Harrison ect... I'd be pretty happy if they can get either Antonio Smith or Chris Canty.. It'd make an amazing Depth for their 3-4 DEF(Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Canty/Smith..) rotation of 3..

@ the Redskins.. LOL. They never learn. Haynesworth's a brutal force to anchor their D-line.. but.. Why re-signing Hall ? You already have Smoot/Rogers as your #1-#2.. And , Springs as your #3. (He's old, but still..)

This franchise has gone from "One of the respected ones" to " One of the worse ones"

Isn't me or, the Pats always sign old players ? Or players that underachieve ? (Baker, Jordan, ect)

I don't buy this retirement bullsh!t at all. Get over yourself, Ray- you're lucky to be a free man to begin with. You're 37 fvcking years old and you're on the decline. No one's gonna pay you what you think you're worth. Sign with Baltimore and end your career there like you should.

Is he threatening retirement? I know he is just talking about where he would LIKE to go.

I pray to the Norse gods that he signs back in Baltimore.

I'd have love to see the Steelers get Saturday, then draft Mack and move either Saturday or Mack to the LG position.

Anyway, for the Steelers.. They cut Simmons (RG) and Smith (FS) their priority's to get more depth for the G position(Cause they only got one in Darrell Stapleton..) and to re-sign McFadden so they can build their O-line through the Draft.

Plus, they'll have to make new deals with Harrison ect... I'd be pretty happy if they can get either Antonio Smith or Chris Canty.. It'd make an amazing Depth for their 3-4 DEF(Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Canty/Smith..) rotation of 3..

@ the Redskins.. LOL. They never learn. Haynesworth's a brutal force to anchor their D-line.. but.. Why re-signing Hall ? You already have Smoot/Rogers as your #1-#2.. And , Springs as your #3. (He's old, but still..)

This franchise has gone from "One of the respected ones" to " One of the worse ones"

Isn't me or, the Pats always sign old players ? Or players that underachieve ? (Baker, Jordan, ect)

Saturday re-signed a 3 year deal with Indy already.