Avery returning to NYR soon?

Patches O'Houlihan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it really come to that?

Doesn't say much for the guys who are cashing the biggest paychecks over there.

it probably will happen.. NYR needs someone to spark a life in them; they are dead

im fine by this though, i rather face the P.O.S. more this season

It only works if the Rangers are low enough in the standing..... any team under them gunning for the playoffs - Buff- Philly - Pitts Could Claim him to spite NYR and ensure they dont face the pest in the playoffs.

That being said IF the devils were under the rangers while he was on waivers would Lou claim him to bench him or put him in a cage for Rupp and Clarkson and hell bring back jansenn to beat up on....

If they do it's gonna screw their cap up even MORE the 3 years after... oh well :giggle:

not really. if it's only a $2 million cap hit, the Rangers can easily find that savings next season. Let go of Prucha and Kalinin - easily done. And even so, the Rangers can always put him in the minors at any time if they want because no one is going to take him.

would not be at all surprised if this happened.

Neither would I. The Rangers for sure would be the only team that would want him. And when this happens, the NY media will proceed to jerk off all over themselves, along with the majority of the Rangers fan base, talking about how great the move is, and what a spark Avery will provide, conveniantly ignoring the fact he brings no scoring to the table, which is what they need the most. We will then have a thread about Avery on the board every day again. Yay. :rolleyes:

Edited by MadDog2020

Neither would I. The Rangers for sure would be the only team that would want him. And when this happens, the NY media will proceed to jerk off all over themselves, along with the majority of the Rangers fan base, talking about how great the move is, and what a spark Avery will provide, conveniantly ignoring the fact he brings no scoring to the table, which is what they need the most. We will then have a thread about Avery on the board every day again. Yay. :rolleyes:

...again?

Talked to a Ranger fan who was wearing an Avery jersey at the last Rags-Devils game. He said "come on if he was on the Devils you'd be wearing his jersey," and I just said "first of all, Lou isn't that stupid, and second of all, I would never emulate that a$$hole."

Well, he's available, and guess Lou didn't want him...what a shock. Sather can have him. And that fan will be happy...I guess. But the Rags are still going nowhere in the playoffs.

Well it's in the Post, so it won't happen now for sure. It will get Rangers fans frothing at the mouth for him, and in turn furious toward Sather when it doesn't happen. Brooks created the buzz he wanted and will then get to blast Sather in the weeks to come when he doesn't do this.

Now it's time for the if part that we all do when there's an Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) post......IF this were to happen, he'd be under a microscope that watches his every move and every word and they'd be getting a neutered Avery, and both he and his man-crush fans would be miserable. Let him say something about Marty, oops suspended. I wonder how Vailquette and the others who have spoken out against him feel about this. Basically they'd be doing an awful lot for a 13 goal scorer, but we've seen that before with them.

I say let the Devils claim him off waivers, Matvichuk him to Lowell, and scratch him up there every night.