Tom Renney

HellOnICE

So you'd have to think that Tom Renney is going to be fired soon from the Rangers. Anyone else think he'd be a good fit in the organization in some capacity?

Everything I've read about the man, and what I've picked up seems to be a guy who'd fit in well here. Straight shooting, respected and respectful, hard working guy, who's been around. I think he'd be a good special assignment coach/scout for this team, if he should want a position here.

So you'd have to think that Tom Renney is going to be fired soon from the Rangers. Anyone else think he'd be a good fit in the organization in some capacity?

Everything I've read about the man, and what I've picked up seems to be a guy who'd fit in well here. Straight shooting, respected and respectful, hard working guy, who's been around. I think he'd be a good special assignment coach/scout for this team, if he should want a position here.

Sure, he would be.

But I think the Rangers should fire Sather and give Renney the GM job. Cocky Sather (hey, those cups were 25 years ago!) is the bigger problem.

Edited by Jerrydevil

did you see what happened to them tonight. All i could say is they got their ass kicked. they fell 10-2 to dallas after going into the third period down only 3-2

You're joking, right? Every Rangers fans is complaining about him right now, their organisation is a mess and the Devils are right where they should be, with their coaching being in a very good shape. I wouldn't change anything there and definitely wouldn't bring a just-fired Rangers coach who wasn't able to keep the a$$holes in shape.

Edited by Revan

4-2 going into the 3rd, but yea late in the 2nd it was 3-2. 8 different goal scorers for the stars, impressive.

I saw the third and they completely fell apart, including the goaltender. I didn't know that Lundqvist had the flu and was backing Valiquette up only in theory - they couldn't pull the goalie once things got bad. What I wonder and we'll never know is whether more guys were out there with the flu and they just stopped skating because they couldn't do it anymore. The organization at least didn't try to say we gave up because we were sick. And the coach certainly didn't act like that was the problem after the game, he closed the door to the room for about 10 minutes to the press and I guess let them have it.

I don't think his personality is one that would fit well with Sutters.

i dont want him with the devils but i heard that him and sutter have some past together