White back tonight; Clemmer to start

MadDog2020

Oh, goody. The Rangers can now exorcise their goal-scoring demons on banana-peel skates.

Weekes looked so good in Atlanta, why is he not starting this game?

This is exactly what the Team Weekes is trying to say Weekes looked good, next game Clemmer didn't (regardless of offensive output look strictly at the goalies) and it just doesn't justify Clemmer getting so many starts...Marty is our starter, period, so the other two guys should just play based on who's hot...more fuel to the "Weekes isn't getting a fair shake" fire...

Weekes looked so good in Atlanta, why is he not starting this game?

Definitely strange. The reasoning for Clemmy playing at the start was because he was playing better but recent play has Weekes outplaying Clemmy but now the standard has changed.

It may be the only frustrating thing I've seen from Sutter, he does tend to treat some players differently than others.

Maybe Sutter is going with who is better against the NYR. :noclue:

Clemmensen is 2-0 vs. the NYR this season.

Weekes is 0-1 vs. the NYR this season.

Weekes will probably get the start on Wednesday night vs. the NYI. Clemmensen on Friday night vs. Boston.

Sure that makes sense, but Devils score 8 goals against the Rangers, and Clemmensen's awful 5-goal performance is forgotten and deemed okay. (some of those goals were the worst he gave up all year). While the Rangers dominate the Devils (one of their worst games all year) and Weeks 4 goal performance where he was left out to dry is the big reason they lost.

I'm with 731, I really think there is no pattern or precident for who should be starting. Sutter just likes Clemmensen a lot more for whatever reason.

Sure that makes sense, but Devils score 8 goals against the Rangers, and Clemmensen's awful 5-goal performance is forgotten and deemed okay. (some of those goals were the worst he gave up all year). While the Rangers dominate the Devils (one of their worst games all year) and Weeks 4 goal performance where he was left out to dry is the big reason they lost.

I'm with 731, I really think there is no pattern or precident for who should be starting. Sutter just likes Clemmensen a lot more for whatever reason.

Weekes was bad in that game vs. the NYR losing 5-2 which was one of the worst this season. Clemmensen was bad in the 2nd period where the NYR cameback and tied the game @ 5-5, but he played a lot better in the 3rd making some big saves, as the Devils won 8-5.

I agree that Sutter does like Clemmensen better than Weekes and maybe he does see something that we all do not see. There must be something in the practices that Sutter sees and is not liking Weekes. Some of it has to be who is better against the NYR this season if it was an ugly win.

Definitely strange. The reasoning for Clemmy playing at the start was because he was playing better but recent play has Weekes outplaying Clemmy but now the standard has changed.

It may be the only frustrating thing I've seen from Sutter, he does tend to treat some players differently than others.

If Clemmensen had played badly Saturday I'd agree, let Weekes start. But Clemmensen had a better game then than he's had in quite a few of his wins :P

So again when both goalies play well, Sutter defaults back to Clemmensen. No issue with that, I don't really expect Weekes to get another start unless Clem goes splat soon.

He also got the 8-5 win after playing solid in the 3rd period of that game for the win.

Congratulations for winning a game where your team scored 8 goals. :lol: Giving up 4 goal leads is almost automatically a bad game for the goalie, but in this case especially so since many of the goals given up by the Devils that game were questionable.

Who care about who will be our goalie until Marty come back (ok a lot of people care as it's the subject number one) (but it's more a rhetorical question)

anyway... the most important news there is the return of White !

Having him back in the line-up make me feel better

(even if he was well cover... that's not the problem)

Team effort, good PP & PK, let's put even more trouble in their Rangers heads... and that will be more than fine ! Nevermind who the goalie will be... Only our D, special Team and offensive leaders will be a factor in our win until Marty come back.

Congratulations for winning a game where your team scored 8 goals. :lol: Giving up 4 goal leads is almost automatically a bad game for the goalie, but in this case especially so since many of the goals given up by the Devils that game were questionable.

A win is a win and scoring 8-goals on a overrated goalie like Lunqvist is big for the Devils. Lundqvist is suppose to be this "great next goalie", but was lit up for 8-goals that night. That shows the heart of this Devils team for coming back after Clemmensen and the team blew the 4-goal lead which is bad for Clemmensen and the team. It was just not Clemmensen. The defense was bad around him as well, so if some want to say the players around Clemmensen gives him some of the wins this season, then that game wasone where the defense and players around him gave up the 4-goal lead too. Devils showed a lot of character in that game to comeback and win by 3-goals and Clemmensen made sure in that 3rd that the NYR had no chance of coming back again.

Save yourself the time and use the ignore button. Why even bother sometimes.

And just to add how full of sh!t this guy is...Clemmensen sucked that entire game and let in 2 weak goals in the 3rd period before the Devils offense took things into their own hands and scored 11 seconds later and twice more in the next 3 minutes. At this point there was 5 minutes left and the game was over.

So true...

Thank You.

Cmon man. Your trying to say part of the reason to start Clem is because he won a 8-5 game where he almost singlehandedly was the reason they blew the 4 goal lead. You can make your case to start Clem (I actually want Clem to start [he's been the big game guy], btw) but using one of his worst games as an example is not going to help your cause.

Moustic attempt to put some wisdom in this pointless fight : total failure.

Next step : try something easier

Don't you believe that fart with his mp3-player on is The last action of bravery possible on earth this day ?

No ? ok ok ...

And just to add how full of sh!t this guy is...Clemmensen sucked that entire game and let in 2 weak goals in the 3rd period before the Devils offense took things into their own hands and scored 11 seconds later and twice more in the next 3 minutes. At this point there was 5 minutes left and the game was over.

Riiiight...So they should have pulled Clemmensen for an EN since it was 'ALL the Devils offense' in that 3rd period. There was well over 5 minutes left to go in the game and there were some good saves made to keep the 3-goal lead. Midway through the 2nd it was horrible and the early 3rd for him AND THE TEAM around him, but made a difference the rest of that 3rd period, whether you don't want to give any credit to Clemmensen. Even a win over a division rival you were not happy and had to nitpick, bitch and moan over him. Please.....

Cmon man. Your trying to say part of the reason to start Clem is because he won a 8-5 game where he almost singlehandedly was the reason they blew the 4 goal lead. You can make your case to start Clem (I actually want Clem to start [he's been the big game guy], btw) but using one of his worst games as an example is not going to help your cause.

No, my reasoning was maybe because Sutter sees that Clemmensen is 2-0 over the NYR, where Weekes is 0-1 vs. the NYR this season. That is what I said. I didn't start the 8-5 game here if you go back and read the posts. Some one else did. ;)

He also gave up a 5-1 lead to them
Edited by SatansDevils

No, my reasoning was maybe because Sutter sees that Clemmensen is 2-0 over the NYR, where Weekes is 0-1 vs. the NYR this season. That is what I said. I didn't start the 8-5 game here if you go back and read the posts. Some one else did. ;)

OH COME ON. If you want to talk about Clem's record vs. them, then the 8-5 game is directly referenced.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Clemmer was not bad Saturday night........1 even strength goal, 1 very NICE power-play goal, and a penalty shot goal. I, too, would love for Weekes to get a few more games, as he has been solid as well. Either goalie is fine with me. They have both proven to be solid netminders in the absence of Marty, and I will trust Sutter's decisions, since he has the luxury of seeing them at every practice. I think that having White back will help, too. He is underappreciated.

Mike Martin

KC Devil