CLEMMENSEN BLANKS STRUGGLING RANGERS

SC Devs Fan

CLEMMENSEN BLANKS STRUGGLING RANGERS

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02102009/sport...gers_154371.htm

"I think both teams' focus was getting back on track," Sutter said.

Clemmensen completed his first shutout since March 26, 2004, a drought of 57 games since he notched two in his first seven NHL appearances. The Rangers gave up the 3-0 empty-netter with 1:43 left, but left their cage agape in a strange and futile bid to deny Clemmensen (23-11-1) his zip.

"Now I can say it feels really good to get the shutout," said Clemmensen, who had allowed one-against 11 times this season before last night's perfect game. "Shutouts are gravy for goalies. It's most important to get the win."

"We can fall into the trap of becoming negative and feeling sorry for ourselves, but teams that do that lose. We're not going to do that," Renney said after Scott Clemmensen and the Devils blanked his Rangers 3-0 last night in Newark.

Can someone clear that quote up for me? Does Tom Renney think he's coaching the Boston Bruins, or some other team that doesn't lose often?

"His 23rd victory of the season is only one win less than Henrik Lundqvist in eight fewer appearances."

It is so annoying to listen to the Rag fans chant everytime this guy stops a shot right into his gut. He's in the bottom half of the NHL in GAA and Save%. He's not that good. Teams have figured out how to beat him on a regular basis.

i dont think the rangers are concerned with anything but beating the devils. Did anybody see that greatest days show on msg a couple months ago. The devils showed the 2000 cup the islanders showed one of their cups and the rangers showed the 1994 ECF. i mean come on a banner or the cup, whats more important?

i dont think the rangers are concerned with anything but beating the devils. Did anybody see that greatest days show on msg a couple months ago. The devils showed the 2000 cup the islanders showed one of their cups and the rangers showed the 1994 ECF. i mean come on a banner or the cup, whats more important?

A banner for winning the cup? lol, but I see what you mean