Question about RiverRats Jerseys

BlizzardCyclone

Right, these were never worn in game action because Lou wouldn't let the Rats have an official third jersey. Despite that, I'm pretty sure they were authentics rather than replicas. As far as I know, you could only get them through the team store. The resident jersey experts on the board might be able to tell you more.

Edited by RowdyFan42

Right, these were never worn in game action because Lou wouldn't let the Rats have an official third jersey. Despite that, I'm pretty sure they were authentics rather than replicas. As far as I know, you could only get them through the team store. The resident jersey experts on the board might be able to tell you more.

I have never seen them before and I collect game worn items. True I don't live in New York or Jersey, but in my two years of collecting I have never seen one of these come up in auction, on ebay, or in someone's collection. I currently only own one River Rats gamer (a Clemmensen from 03-04) and I echo RowdyFan42's thoughts on Lou never wanting a third (offical or not). The Clemmensen tagging inside is VERY similar to yours with a patch between the SP tag and the white wash/wear/size tag below it stating it is game worn. I suspect you have an authentic (regardless of if it was worn on the ice or not).

Regardless it quite cool. I too would be interested in when they wore these (years), and who had them. More importantly is what did the players do with the ones they were issued? And if I can ask where did you get yours?

I have never seen them before and I collect game worn items. True I don't live in New York or Jersey, but in my two years of collecting I have never seen one of these come up in auction, on ebay, or in someone's collection. I currently only own one River Rats gamer (a Clemmensen from 03-04) and I echo RowdyFan42's thoughts on Lou never wanting a third (offical or not). The Clemmensen tagging inside is VERY similar to yours with a patch between the SP tag and the white wash/wear/size tag below it stating it is game worn. I suspect you have an authentic (regardless of if it was worn on the ice or not).

Regardless it quite cool. I too would be interested in when they wore these (years), and who had them. More importantly is what did the players do with the ones they were issued? And if I can ask where did you get yours?

I wish I had this jersey. I'm lookin for it. I got the pics from an ebay auction, about 2-3 years ago and the pics just resurfaced on my PC. I was hoping u or KC might know...

I wish I had this jersey. I'm lookin for it. I got the pics from an ebay auction, about 2-3 years ago and the pics just resurfaced on my PC. I was hoping u or KC might know...

I doubt they are cheap FYI. I would suspect $400+ depending on the player and probably go for $600+ if it is someone really good.

The black Community jerseys were sold through the team store for the most part, but I do seem to recall a couple popping up on ebay, around the time they were auctioning the 10th anniversary shirts. I would call the Rats merchandise guy to see if there are any more lying around. As recently as the beginning of this season, old red and white NJ style gamers were offered for sale in the Team Store for really good prices.

These were being sold right off the Albany River Rats website. I think it might have been during the '05-'06 season.

I bought the Ahonen one for $275 (I wanted the Nittel one ($225 I think) at the time, but it had already been bought, and the Skrlac one was going for $375...a little too rich for my blood)...they are DEFINITELY authentics. From what the Rats salesman told me, the players would wear these jerseys when they were making community appearances.

Mine looks like the Guolla version...the Devils logo adorns each shoulder, and it has a v-neck as opposed to the string. unknown poster...is your jersey some kind of a knock-off? I've never seen that version before. What do the shoulder logos pertain to?

unknown poster...is your jersey some kind of a knock-off? I've never seen that version before. What do the shoulder logos pertain to?

No, it's not a knockoff. I'd never buy a knockoff being as i am the anti-knockoff crusader around these parts lol.

I bought it along with a 10th Anniversary crested Giroux from the same seller. The Bicek came with store tags (now since removed). It's a licensed SP Rats jersey. The shoulder crests are a "footprint" of Rowdy the Rat with a little red/black RR.

I never saw it either, which is why i picked it up.

No, it's not a knockoff. I'd never buy a knockoff being as i am the anti-knockoff crusader around these parts lol.

I bought it along with a 10th Anniversary crested Giroux from the same seller. The Bicek came with store tags (now since removed). It's a licensed SP Rats jersey. The shoulder crests are a "footprint" of Rowdy the Rat with a little red/black RR.

I never saw it either, which is why i picked it up.

Cool...definitely a one-of-a-kind. I'm surprised there's no "AHL" patch up near the neck (like on mine). Do you know what year your Bicek came out?

Cool...definitely a one-of-a-kind. I'm surprised there's no "AHL" patch up near the neck (like on mine). Do you know what year your Bicek came out?

Yours has the AHL crest on the back neck becuase it's an authentic jersey. My Bicek is a replica. I'd have to go back and look through my eBay feedback as a buyer to find out, but i am guessing i bought both in 2004 since the Giroux i bought with it was a 10th Anniversary jersey.

I am guessing this was an alternate jersey marketed through the Rats team store that was made exclusively for that purpose. Not an unusual thing as it's a minor league team, but i've never seen another like it. Probably not alot were made.

I also picked up a banner that hung in the main concourse of Pepsi Arena that congratulated the Devils on the 2003 Cup win from i believe the same seller a couple years ago when the Devils cut ties w/Albany.

I also picked up a banner that hung in the main concourse of Pepsi Arena that congratulated the Devils on the 2003 Cup win from i believe the same seller a couple years ago when the Devils cut ties w/Albany.

Got a picture of that one? I'd like to see that.

Here ya go!

post-2600-1234900691_thumb.jpg

Nice collector's item. How big is it?

Your info on your jersey makes more sense now. I was thinking that it might be an earlier edition of my jersey...that every year the team got black community jerseys, with variations from year to year (hence the string-tie and different shoulder crests).

I also picked up some banners, as well as the original Rowdy's Den and Team Store signs. Got them for a couple bucks each on ebay.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.