Mathieu Schneider traded to Montreal

gave away huet? huet and price were about equal last season. why not deal one goalie, then have a piece you can move this season? seems smart to me - especially when huet wasn't coming back to montreal.

The Canadians were legit cup contenders and they put their chances on Price's (rookie) back and it backfired. Price was awful last postseason. I'm sure he'd want that trade back if he could, and if this is what a 2nd rounder is worth to him, 60% of half a year of Matthew Schnieder then it was a stupid trade. This is also why I don't want Lou to trade Clemmenson for anything unless its a ridiculous deal. Having question marks at goaltending can sink your entire postseason. I'd much rather have Clemmer as an option to potentially save the cup run (a la osgood last year in Detroit) than a 3rd rounder or whatever he's worth.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman
The Canadians were legit cup contenders and they put their chances on Price's (rookie) back and it backfired. Price was awful last postseason. I'm sure he'd want that trade back if he could, and if this is what a 2nd rounder is worth to him, 60% of half a year of Matthew Schnieder then it was a stupid trade. This is also why I don't want Lou to trade Clemmenson for anything unless its a ridiculous deal. Having question marks at goaltending can sink your entire postseason. I'd much rather have Clemmer as an option to potentially save the cup run (a la osgood last year in Detroit) than a 3rd rounder or whatever he's worth.

Why would he want that trade back? It was a good deal when he made it. Plenty of rookie goaltenders have had long runs into the playoffs - Hextall, Brodeur, Cam Ward, Patrick Roy, etc. Just because Price wasn't good in the playoffs doesn't suddenly negate the trade - Price was the better goalie at the time of the deal, and the management felt he'd be their guy in the playoffs.

I don't want New Jersey to deal Clemmensen either, but a 2nd round pick is a lot of value - I don't think New Jersey could get that for a guy who's started no playoff games.

Edited by Triumph