Anyone else not really feeling Clemmer?

Blown01NJ

I'm hlaf-Italian, but I might as well be full since I only see my Italian family. Anyone who has ever had an Italian grandmother cook for them knows that Olive Garden is sh!t.

Hey if you I-talians don't like it, stop going. I always gotta wait like an hour to get a seat up in there. Yeah, I like it. I'm not ashamed. I also like Mom and Pop Italian restaurants and Scott Clemmensen, too. Not so much calamari, though.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean yea hes not bad, but hes not great. Weekes is just as good if not better IMO. They have both let some bad goals through but everyone stroking Clemmensens jock is really annoying. I wish Weekes would have gotten more playing time. Clemmer got lucky so many times and he NEVER admits when he messes up. Hes so immodest, its irritating. Weekes is just a positive guy and a much more humble person.

Against the Sharks there were at LEAST 2 goals that shouldnt have gone. I cant remember which game it was but a couple weeks ago Clemmer gave up 3 terrible goals and screwed up behind the net and when the Devils offense bailed him out AGAIN, he cant even say "Yea I made a mistake."

:doh1:

Its obviously you are not a Clemmensen fan and have missed a lot of games, like 38 this season. Clemmensen is (25-12-1) and is in the top SIX in the NHL for goalies. he and the team had a bad game tonight and they have won 13 out of their last 16-games. Not happy they lost tonight, but it was coming after a great weekend and homestand they had. Can't win them all and neither can Clemmensen. Clemmensen is doing just fine. Oy!

Edited by SatansDevils

Hmm -- (I haven't reneged - it's just that the game is over)

Rowdy...it's not as much like rubber bands... it's more melt in your mouthy. It does have a slightly chewy texture - or the little o's can be almost crunchy. You knwo how when you over-cook anything it gets tough. Same thing with the little squids or whatever.... it's juicy - like a good greasy french fry can be - you bite into it and you squeeze out yumminess which teh texture belies. Does that make any sense?

i ahev to go do dishes... :(

i have to too

:doh1:

Its obviously you are not a Clemmensen fan and have missed a lot of games, like 38 this season. Clemmensen is (25-12-1) and is in the top SIX in the NHL for goalies. he and the team had a bad game tonight and they have won 13 out of their last 16-games. Not happy they lost tonight, but it was coming after a great weekend and homestand they had. Can't win them all and neither can Clemmensen. Clemmensen is doing just fine. Oy!

I watch every game I can and have been to about 10 already this season.

Maybe its just the way he acts and the way everyone is jocking him that bothers me. I guess I just wanted Weekes to have more of a shot.

Obviously Im happy the team is doing awesome (minus tonight)

I watch every game I can and have been to about 10 already this season.

Maybe its just the way he acts and the way everyone is jocking him that bothers me. I guess I just wanted Weekes to have more of a shot.

Obviously Im happy the team is doing awesome (minus tonight)

Well Weekes may get his last shot and game on either Thursday @ Tampa Bay or Saturday @ the NYI.

After Clemmensen finally repaid the team by stealing a game against Boston by not letting in his regular soft goal i have no problems with the guy.

I dont think anyone could argue that he is at best an average Goaltender putting up above average numbers.

------------------------------

Now onto the more interesting matter of calimari, gotta eat that stuff battered with Garlic mayo :dance:

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

After Clemmensen finally repaid the team by stealing a game against Boston by not letting in his regular soft goal i have no problems with the guy.

I dont think anyone could argue that he is at best an average Goaltender putting up above average numbers.

"regular soft goal"?! Please stop drinking water straight out of the Thames. That causes brain damage.

Besides, the numbers are what matters. Even by your admission, his numbers have been above average. Obviously for some that won't ever be good enough. No more Clemmy mentions for me.

---------------------

Anyway, as far as buffalo wings go, I always thought Cluck U's wings were overrated. Pub 46 used to make very good wings, and their calamari wasn't half-bad either. There's this restaurant in Key West named Kelly's that makes the most incredible wings I've ever had. Hot yet full of savory flavor.

Ice cream is sometimes a tasty way to end a wing session. Since I like vanilla and chocolate, I usually get one scoop of each. I like a brownie with the ice cream if it's available, but if it's a stale brownie that really chaps my ass.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

"regular soft goal"?! Please stop drinking water straight out of the Thames. That causes brain damage.

Besides, the numbers are what matters. Even by your admission, his numbers have been above average. Obviously for some that won't ever be good enough. No more Clemmy mentions for me.

---------------------

Anyway, as far as buffalo wings go, I always thought Cluck U's wings were overrated. Pub 46 used to make very good wings, and their calamari wasn't half-bad either. There's this restaurant in Key West named Kelly's that makes the most incredible wings I've ever had. Hot yet full of savory flavor.

Ice cream is sometimes a tasty way to end a wing session. Since I like vanilla and chocolate, I usually get one scoop of each. I like a brownie with the ice cream if it's available, but if it's a stale brownie that really chaps my ass.

:blahblah::blahblah:

Change the record, I get it, he can do no wrong, never lets in soft goals, whatever.

Nearly every game he plays in he lets in a goal, and i think, he would probably want that one back.

All goalies do it.

Yes i did say his numbers were above average ,cant deny that, he has never been a problem for me in goal, i just wanted to see one example of him giving something back in a close game, he did it against Boston.

:blahblah::blahblah:

Change the record, I get it, he can do no wrong, never lets in soft goals, whatever.

Never said he can do no wrong. Can you really tell me that his "wrongs" outweigh his "rights" though?

Nearly every game he plays in he lets in a goal, and i think, he would probably want that one back.

All goalies do it.

Yeah, I'd agree, nearly every game a goalie plays he lets in a goal. All goalies do it indeed...oh wait, you probably meant a SOFT goal. I'll take "nearly every game" to mean 80% of the time. Then, by that reckoning, Clemmy should have 10 shutouts by now, because in 10 of his starts he's given up one goal, of which 8 of them must have been softies. Damn that Clemmensen and his softies!

Yes i did say his numbers were above average ,cant deny that, he has never been a problem for me in goal, i just wanted to see one example of him giving something back in a close game, he did it against Boston.

Yep, I'm sure out of the 11 games that Clemmy started that the Devils won by a single goal (2 by shootout), only in the Boston game did Clemmy "give something back". :rolleyes:

Oops, I'm getting sucked in again. I...MUST...STOP!

-------------------

Speaking of softies, I always did like Mr. Softee ice cream dipped in the magic shell. And soft pretzels. And there was this one time I was in college and had too much to drink and tried to hook up and...I think The Dead Kennedys wrote a song about a guy like that.

Never said he can do no wrong. Can you really tell me that his "wrongs" outweigh his "rights" though?

Yeah, I'd agree, nearly every game a goalie plays he lets in a goal. All goalies do it indeed...oh wait, you probably meant a SOFT goal. I'll take "nearly every game" to mean 80% of the time. Then, by that reckoning, Clemmy should have 10 shutouts by now, because in 10 of his starts he's given up one goal, of which 8 of them must have been softies. Damn that Clemmensen and his softies!

Yep, I'm sure out of the 11 games that Clemmy started that the Devils won by a single goal (2 by shootout), only in the Boston game did Clemmy "give something back". :rolleyes:

Oops, I'm getting sucked in again. I...MUST...STOP!

-------------------

Speaking of softies, I always did like Mr. Softee ice cream dipped in the magic shell. And soft pretzels. And there was this one time I was in college and had too much to drink and tried to hook up and...I think The Dead Kennedys wrote a song about a guy like that.

Ughhh twisting everything to fit your argument and take what you want out of it.

Im not saying everything he does is wrong either, he has done a lot right this season the numbers dont lie, so i agree with you he has had more posatives than negatives.

The rest of it, its subjective and my oppinion, you might see something that i dont, were not going to agree on if a goal is soft or if he had no chance to make the save.

I think were just going to have to (cliche :puke: ) agree to disagre.

But I really do appreciate his efforts for the team and it will be one of the highlights of the season no matter what else goes on.

-----------------------

On the subject of Mr. softee ice cream, yes it is amazing (assuming they are the same as the ones in the UK :noclue: )

The red stuff at Dairy Queen was scary though. I never did try the red dip (cherry?).

Yeeech, that red stuff scared me too. Looked way too bloody. I'm pretty boring when it comes to ice cream anyway...chocolate and vanilla are still my favorites, although there's a whole lot of Ben & Jerry's flavors I'm fond of. Try 'Fossil Fuel' if you ever get the chance.

The only thing that is annoying to me is the people who think there has been some type of seemless transition between Brodeur and Clemmer and that it somehow diminishes what MB has meant to the Devils. The 2008-2009 edition of the Devils is so much better than the last several seasons (just look at how many of our forwards have already passed last years point totals). Last year in particular, Marty absolutly carried this team and covered the fact that we were in a mini rebuild.

That being said, Clemmer deserves credit for seizing this opportunity and running with it. His play has been solid enough that we are 2nd in the conference and he also prevented Lou from having to trade any of the team's assets for another goalie, something many of us thought would have to happen after the injury.

He'll probably get paid way too much $$$ by someone next year but who cares, it won't be us. It will also be nice to see Scott get his chance to be a full time #1 (with someone else :D ).

Edited by PhillyDevil

skoal_long_cut_cherry_smokeless_tobacco.jpg

nmig PLEASE tell you don't indulge in this. My brother used to chew...his teeth are permanently stained.

The only thing that is annoying to me is the people who think there has been some type of seemless transition between Brodeur and Clemmer and that it somehow diminishes what MB has meant to the Devils. The 2008-2009 edition of the Devils is so much better than the last several seasons (just look at how many of our forwards have already passed last years point totals). Last year, Marty absolutly carried this team and covered the fact that we were in a mini rebuild.

That being said, Clemmer deserves credit for seizing this opportunity and running with it. His play has been solid enough that we are 2nd in the conference and he also prevented Lou from having to trade any of the team's assets for another goalie, something many of us thought would have to happen after the injury.

He'll probably get paid way too much $$$ by someone next year but who cares, it won't be us. It will also be nice to see Scott get his chance to be a full time #1 (with someone else :D ).

The only idiots I've come across who think that way, regarding Marty, are (SURPRISE!) some Ranger fans. But they're the same ones who've always downplayed what Marty's accomplished through the years, so no shock there. Trust me...most people (especially the intelligent ones) know how great Marty's been through the years, and he has all of the hardware to prove it.

I'm curious to see what happens with Clemmy next year, if he gets a shot with another team, and how much GMs think he's worth.

I'm curious to see what happens with Clemmy next year, if he gets a shot with another team, and how much GMs think he's worth.

Im sure a team like the Avalanche or Ottawa, who are in desperate need of goaltending would take a shot at him, just because he should come cheap and the numbers he has put up have hopefully earned him another stint in the NHL.

If things change around the Devils team and Marty is no longer getting 70 games a year then who knows he might still be wearing the Red, White and Black.