Sign in to follow this  
KC Devil

Meigray Grabbag Breakdown

How about these staggering numbers!

Only 16 teams represented out of 30......Only 48 spots sold out of 50.....

Breakdown:

Calgary-1

Vancouver-1

Pens-1

Devs-1

Oilers-1

Atlanta-1

NY Rangers-2

Preds-2

Blues-3

Dallas-3

Boston-3

Toronto-4

Avs-5

Sens-5

Flyers-6

Islanders-9!!!!!!!!

Wow! 18.75% Isles! That is a WHOLE lot of LOSERS in that group!

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Edited by KC Devil

This lot is full of pristine horse sh!t. I'm glad I did there first ever grab bag last year, which turned out to be my last. The grand prize is tempting but I have come to my senses.

This lot is full of pristine horse sh!t.

:rofl:

You have a way with words...

Grab Bag = Garbage Bag.

Sadly, I wouldn't even be happy if I got the Zubrus Devils. I'd sell the Crosby for $2500.00 and use the money towards something else I wanted. You really can't fault MeiGray. I can't believe the number of "suckers" involved.

KC Devil's comment about a lot of losers is right. Where is the "quality"?

Thats all you'd get for the Crosby? I would trade it for a Brodeur or sell it for like 5 g'sssss.

Matt-

When I went up to Meigray in December I looked at the Zub from Set 3/Playoffs. It had "ok" wear for a Set 3. Couple repairs and some marks. Obviously, as a Zub guy I would take it but I FULLY see your point about the whole grab bag thing.

Matt-

When I went up to Meigray in December I looked at the Zub from Set 3/Playoffs. It had "ok" wear for a Set 3. Couple repairs and some marks. Obviously, as a Zub guy I would take it but I FULLY see your point about the whole grab bag thing.

Don't get me wrong. I like Meigray and I applaud them on doing these grab bags and getting people to buy them... but, what is wrong with people? I wouldn't have been happy with all but two maybe if I had participated and didn't win the top prize. Who in there right mind is going to go after a Jason Labarbara sweater if he sat the bench and was a back-up? C'mon.

I'm probably banned from MeiGray. I was told I was "high maintenance" by them for pre-ordering five shirts one year and then only taking one. I pre-ordered so many because no one could tell me if I would definitely be able to own one since the pre-order list encompasses a huge list of who pre-ordered first, who has standing orders, and who wants what and how many. I just collect and complained up a storm at not being able to get the first "C" of Langenbrunner. I thought because I called in seconds after the announcement that I'd get one. Nope. Another collector I know and one I don't got them. So I was told I might get one still, but they didn't know. Then one day I got a call about it and had to say yes or forever lose out. While I understand them, I don't have to agree. I'm just not a fan of this.

Don't get me wrong. I like Meigray and I applaud them on doing these grab bags and getting people to buy them... but, what is wrong with people? I wouldn't have been happy with all but two maybe if I had participated and didn't win the top prize. Who in there right mind is going to go after a Jason Labarbara sweater if he sat the bench and was a back-up? C'mon.

I'm sure some of those that partake in these will write it off as a "business dinner" or something to that effect.

Mainly, the people that buy into this are like the people i have that buy the card boxes. The thrill of the pull. For the price of most boxes they can buy the card they want. Clueless.

I'm still not understanding why people would participate in this. It's really a commentary on how people have more $ then brains. Maybe after this one and seeing how sh!tty the player selection is, it might get people to wake up. The only ones making out is Barry and the grand prize winner.

I'm probably banned from MeiGray. I was told I was "high maintenance" by them for pre-ordering five shirts one year and then only taking one. I pre-ordered so many because no one could tell me if I would definitely be able to own one since the pre-order list encompasses a huge list of who pre-ordered first, who has standing orders, and who wants what and how many. I just collect and complained up a storm at not being able to get the first "C" of Langenbrunner. I thought because I called in seconds after the announcement that I'd get one. Nope. Another collector I know and one I don't got them. So I was told I might get one still, but they didn't know. Then one day I got a call about it and had to say yes or forever lose out. While I understand them, I don't have to agree. I'm just not a fan of this.

I just found out 2 weeks ago when my wife called, that to be on the pre-order/request list you need to call them each season as it doesn't carry over. So if you got a call in 07-08, unless you tell them you want a call for 08-09 you won't get a call. That's why i didn't get a call and neither did my wife.

However, i find it difficult to think that my dear friend Laserbrain Scott just called up and said, "i'll take Shanahan" and he got it.

I just found out 2 weeks ago when my wife called, that to be on the pre-order/request list you need to call them each season as it doesn't carry over. So if you got a call in 07-08, unless you tell them you want a call for 08-09 you won't get a call.

No call on mine, and I DID call before the beginning of the season! Preordered a Colin White, just like every year, but no call. No big deal, as NOW, I will take any of the jerseys from this season, instead of a specific one (missed too many games, so his 600th NHL game played jersey will be next season). Still, frustrating practice. If White was a high demand player, this practice could cause some real tension!

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Super Jay and Matt-

I agree. I don't like the grab bags. I don't have the extra $400 or whatever it is to sink into one. If I have an extra $400 I would MUCH rather buy a specific Zubrus or something like that in a similar price range. Especially with most of the lower level (price) players, $400 can go a long way!

Meigray responds to the crap grab bag by mailing each grab bagger a $100 gift certificate, plus three of them will get a jersey valued over $1,000. I think it was Zajac, belfour, and maybe Vokoun.

Not a bad move by them at all, most companies would not have cared enough to do that.

Meigray responds to the crap grab bag by mailing each grab bagger a $100 gift certificate, plus three of them will get a jersey valued over $1,000. I think it was Zajac, belfour, and maybe Vokoun.

Not a bad move by them at all, most companies would not have cared enough to do that.

MeiGray knows that giving up those three will save 47 people from being pissed.

MeiGray knows that giving up those three will save 47 people from being pissed.

There's still 44 people or so who felt like this was sh!t, so it's an obvious attempt at damage control. It is still going to damage the gimmick for the future. I think the luster is off this unless it goes into team themed grab bags. If they can throw 9 Islanders in one grab bag, why not just do the Islanders separate?

So they threw a $100 gift cert at everyone that most people probably won't use right away or ever and they threw in 3 more overpriced jerseys. Even at $500 for Zajac i'd pass, nevermind $1250.

For example, how many of you have used your gift certs from the Expo? I've got 2 sitting here that i'll never use because i won't spend over $375 on a "regular" priced item.

There's still 44 people or so who felt like this was sh!t, so it's an obvious attempt at damage control. It is still going to damage the gimmick for the future. I think the luster is off this unless it goes into team themed grab bags. If they can throw 9 Islanders in one grab bag, why not just do the Islanders separate?

So they threw a $100 gift cert at everyone that most people probably won't use right away or ever and they threw in 3 more overpriced jerseys. Even at $500 for Zajac i'd pass, nevermind $1250.

For example, how many of you have used your gift certs from the Expo? I've got 2 sitting here that i'll never use because i won't spend over $375 on a "regular" priced item.

I thought that doing an "Atlantic Division" themed Grab Bag could be fun, with 10 jerseys from each team (well, 9 from 1 team). That would be 49 jerseys, and then, the Grand Prize could be a Wild Card, where you could pick from the LIST of Grand Prize jerseys.....for example, a Crosby (Pens), a Brodeur (NJ), a Jagr (NYR), a Forsberg (Philly), or 3 of any Isles :giggle: .

Same can be done for other Divisions. Could be fun.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Edited by KC Devil

I've used only one of my coupons and have at least four left (someone gave me theirs). It is tough to use them and I've already been about to buy something and the "and you can't use the coupon on this item" comes out. The Daneyko helmet was no exception, but that was okay.

I am trying to figure out why I've been irritated about the whole grab bag. I'm not involved and most of my good friends are not either. These people who buy them are doing so on their own free will and there is nothing that I "HAD" to have in them. Sure, I won't lie. If I got the Ovechkin I'd keep it or maybe sell it for some nice coin, but that wasn't enough for me to get involved. But, why am I so disappointed over it? I honestly don't know.

I like KC Devils idea with the Divison grab bag. Perhaps ask people when they buy in what their favourite team is and then include a player in the grab bag from that team so trading can be done. MeiGray has enough stuff sitting around that they could do this. I doubt they will, but they certainly do have the ability to.

I hope their is "SIGNIFICANT SAVINGS" at this year's expo or it will once again be a time where I spend less than $200.00 there. The last two times I've spent less than that between the two. Nothing knocked my socks off in savings and the Bob West fiasco prevented me from getting anything I saw I liked. Finding someone to go in on $500-$1000 was next to impossible. Everything is consigned that I liked and we all know how that sometimes works.

Speaking of consignment items... What ever happened to the Brodeur finals and Sykora Finals complete with the cut from 2000? They disappeared.

I've used only one of my coupons and have at least four left (someone gave me theirs). It is tough to use them and I've already been about to buy something and the "and you can't use the coupon on this item" comes out. The Daneyko helmet was no exception, but that was okay.

I am trying to figure out why I've been irritated about the whole grab bag. I'm not involved and most of my good friends are not either. These people who buy them are doing so on their own free will and there is nothing that I "HAD" to have in them. Sure, I won't lie. If I got the Ovechkin I'd keep it or maybe sell it for some nice coin, but that wasn't enough for me to get involved. But, why am I so disappointed over it? I honestly don't know.

I like KC Devils idea with the Divison grab bag. Perhaps ask people when they buy in what their favourite team is and then include a player in the grab bag from that team so trading can be done. MeiGray has enough stuff sitting around that they could do this. I doubt they will, but they certainly do have the ability to.

I hope their is "SIGNIFICANT SAVINGS" at this year's expo or it will once again be a time where I spend less than $200.00 there. The last two times I've spent less than that between the two. Nothing knocked my socks off in savings and the Bob West fiasco prevented me from getting anything I saw I liked. Finding someone to go in on $500-$1000 was next to impossible. Everything is consigned that I liked and we all know how that sometimes works.

Speaking of consignment items... What ever happened to the Brodeur finals and Sykora Finals complete with the cut from 2000? They disappeared.

I dont know where they went, but I did sign up for the Heritage Auctions site just in case anything good pops up.

I dont know where they went, but I did sign up for the Heritage Auctions site just in case anything good pops up.

I am unfamiliar with the Heritage Auctions stuff. Please elaborate.

I don't know much about it either. I think Jwomp reported that most of Bob Wests jerseys are heading for that auction in the spring. So I registered on there auction site.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.