Sprinng breakkk !

TravisZajac

I will be doing a badass road trip going to a bunch of hockey games.

Here is my itinerary...

March 14th: Senators @ Penguins

March 15th: Islanders @ Blackhawks

March 16th: hang out in Minnesota

March 17th: Avalanche @ Wild

March 18th and 19th: either hang out in Minnesota, go to one or two OHL playoff games, or visit the Hockey Hall of Fame

March 20th: Flyers @ Sabres

March 21st: Maple Leafs @ Canadiens

March 22nd: visit the Baseball Hall of Fame

I can't wait. That Leafs and Habs game is gonna be awesome.

Did you get tickets for the Centre Bell that didn't cost an arm and a leg? I wanna go to the 3/14 game when the Devils travel up there.

I'm sitting in the Molson Ex Zone. I don't remember what the cost was and I don't have the tickets with me right now, but they were about $60 at most. The real cost was waiting in that online waiting room for two and a half hours the day they were supposed to go on sale only to find out the system wasn't working, then waiting another two and a half hours a few days later for my chance to actually buy the tickets.

I forgot about spring break. Ohhh college. I'm jealous. (Especially of that hockey road trip that looks like fun) Buuut I might be going to Florida April 29th - May 5th (I know it's awhile from now) to visit my friend who goes to USF. I'm just trying to gain the courage to ask off from work.

I will be doing a badass road trip going to a bunch of hockey games.

Here is my itinerary...

March 14th: Senators @ Penguins

March 15th: Islanders @ Blackhawks

March 16th: hang out in Minnesota

March 17th: Avalanche @ Wild

March 18th and 19th: either hang out in Minnesota, go to one or two OHL playoff games, or visit the Hockey Hall of Fame

March 20th: Flyers @ Sabres

March 21st: Maple Leafs @ Canadiens

March 22nd: visit the Baseball Hall of Fame

I can't wait. That Leafs and Habs game is gonna be awesome.

I'll be doing a very similar thing next winter break. Let me know how that trip goes, I definitely want to figure out which way I can swing to make it go by best.

I'll be doing a very similar thing next winter break. Let me know how that trip goes, I definitely want to figure out which way I can swing to make it go by best.

Awesome. Planning it was kinda tough, you have to get the NHL schedule to work out for you otherwise you don't get to as many games or do you a ton of out-of-the-way driving. I was going to do it in the winter as well but one of the guys I'm going with wasn't sure if he'd be able to get off of work during that time. Turns out spring break works out anyway, and we won't have to worry as much about tons of snow.

Awesome. Planning it was kinda tough, you have to get the NHL schedule to work out for you otherwise you don't get to as many games or do you a ton of out-of-the-way driving. I was going to do it in the winter as well but one of the guys I'm going with wasn't sure if he'd be able to get off of work during that time. Turns out spring break works out anyway, and we won't have to worry as much about tons of snow.

Yeah, I'll plan it as soon as the schedule comes out. But I figured having a month to work with was better than just the specific week of spring break. Yeah, the snow is a worry, but luckily my friend's car should be able to handle it :). But this spring break I'm not going to be free, but even if I was, all I'd have to do is just stay in Newark to see the Devils take on three western conference teams without leaving the building.

Yeah, I'll plan it as soon as the schedule comes out. But I figured having a month to work with was better than just the specific week of spring break. Yeah, the snow is a worry, but luckily my friend's car should be able to handle it :). But this spring break I'm not going to be free, but even if I was, all I'd have to do is just stay in Newark to see the Devils take on three western conference teams without leaving the building.

Yea that's true there is more time over the winter. You have any specific cities you want to go to?

Yea that's true there is more time over the winter. You have any specific cities you want to go to?

I was hoping to swing around the Great Lakes and do something similar to what you're doing. I go to school in Syracuse, and if we leave right from here it makes most sense to go to Buffalo then Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa. I think then Detroit and Pittsburgh then back to NJ. Chicago I wasn't sure about. I was thinking maybe Minnesota but it's quite a trip compared to the others. So let me know how Minnesota is, I'll see whether it's worth it.

Edited by DevilNurn

I was hoping to swing around the Great Lakes and do something similar to what you're doing. I go to school in Syracuse, and if we leave right from here it makes most sense to go to Buffalo then Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa. I think then Detroit and Pittsburgh then back to NJ. Chicago I wasn't sure about. I was thinking maybe Minnesota but it's quite a trip compared to the others. So let me know how Minnesota is, I'll see whether it's worth it.

Yea Minnesota is pretty far, but I like the Wild so I've wanted to go to a game there for a while. I'm sure it will be a great atmosphere for a hockey game too though.

Yea Minnesota is pretty far, but I like the Wild so I've wanted to go to a game there for a while. I'm sure it will be a great atmosphere for a hockey game too though.

Yeah, selling out every game is a feat in itself, I bet it'll be awesome up there. I'm even looking at Columbus right now, it's not so far from Detroit. Ideal is hitting Buffalo, Toronto and Detroit on consecutive nights, then maybes on Columbus, Chicago and Pittsburgh.

Yeah, selling out every game is a feat in itself, I bet it'll be awesome up there. I'm even looking at Columbus right now, it's not so far from Detroit. Ideal is hitting Buffalo, Toronto and Detroit on consecutive nights, then maybes on Columbus, Chicago and Pittsburgh.

Yea I wanted to go to Detroit but the only game we could have made it to was the same night as the Wild game, so that's not going to happen. Columbus and Toronto were also possibilities for us but they just didn't have a place in our schedule. We might end up in Toronto anyway, but there's no game that night.