Marty has more shutouts than Lundqvist this year so far

metallidevils

Henpig Lundqvist gets fat by the contract extension and shouldn't be mentioned with Brodeur at all.

Let's see.....

If the Rangers had a GM who actually knew how to put a team together in this day and age in front of Lundqvist, they'd be a LOT better than they are.

Slats is a dinosaur from the 80s. A damn joke who lives off of his reputation and past glory.

Oh and did I forget to mention that Dolan is a schmuck, who wouldn't know how to run a sports franchise if his life depended on it?

Their failure is not the players on the ice, it's a philosophy or a mish mash of one that tries to jam round pegs into square holes in hopes that it will work.

NY didn't need BOTH Drury AND Gomez. All they needed was ONE of the two.

Redden? :puke: Only in NY and only from Slats.

:rant:

Let's see.....

If the Rangers had a GM who actually knew how to put a team together in this day and age in front of Lundqvist, they'd be a LOT better than they are.

Slats is a dinosaur from the 80s. A damn joke who lives off of his reputation and past glory.

Oh and did I forget to mention that Dolan is a schmuck, who wouldn't know how to run a sports franchise if his life depended on it?

Their failure is not the players on the ice, it's a philosophy or a mish mash of one that tries to jam round pegs into square holes in hopes that it will work.

NY didn't need BOTH Drury AND Gomez. All they needed was ONE of the two.

Redden? :puke: Only in NY and only from Slats.

:rant:

i agree...

but i'm not sure who's worse, sather or the dolan boy.

kinda like what came first the chicken or the egg.

I'd say that Dolan would be the worse of the two, because for all that Neil Smith assembled a Cup winning team, they went nigh on a decade after that as a bottom feeder and Smith kept doing exactly what Sather's doing now: buying old talent hoping they meshed well then buying some more when they didn't. The MO is the same, the GM is different. That tells you its more than the GM, its an ownership thing.

I'd say that Dolan would be the worse of the two, because for all that Neil Smith assembled a Cup winning team, they went nigh on a decade after that as a bottom feeder and Smith kept doing exactly what Sather's doing now: buying old talent hoping they meshed well then buying some more when they didn't. The MO is the same, the GM is different. That tells you its more than the GM, its an ownership thing.

That is slightly unfair to Smith. He did strip the team to win that Cup. However, some of the free agent signings were not his call. For example, he walked away from Theo Fleury. He knew Fleury was a bad fit who had no interest in being in NY other than for the money - and that it was not the right place for Fleury. His boss, Dave Checketts, forced him to get back on the plane and make the offer to Fleury, who accepted, even though he knew he was doing it for the money and was dreading going to NY.

I'm not sure what Smith should have done in that situation - maybe he should have quit - maybe that's why you saw him quit in Long Island.

That is slightly unfair to Smith. He did strip the team to win that Cup. However, some of the free agent signings were not his call. For example, he walked away from Theo Fleury. He knew Fleury was a bad fit who had no interest in being in NY other than for the money - and that it was not the right place for Fleury. His boss, Dave Checketts, forced him to get back on the plane and make the offer to Fleury, who accepted, even though he knew he was doing it for the money and was dreading going to NY.

I'm not sure what Smith should have done in that situation - maybe he should have quit - maybe that's why you saw him quit in Long Island.

Interesting you say that. I just heard an interview with Fleury yesterday saying pretty much the same thing. He called that contract the downfall of his career. Just a little guy from Western Canada being told by everyone to take all this cash that he didn't even have much interest in taking, and especially going to New York.

For anyone cares, he seems to be doing really well now. One of the most exciting players to watch.

Edited by devilsrule33

Interesting you say that. I just heard an interview with Fleury yesterday saying pretty much the same thing. He called that contract the downfall of his career. Just a little guy from Western Canada being told by everyone to take all this cash that he didn't even have much interest in taking, and especially going to New York.

For anyone cares, he seems to be doing really well now. One of the most exciting players to watch.

That means both Fleury and Smith are in agreement that it should never have happened, but he never would have had a chance to accept the offer if Checketts hadn't made Smith get back on the plane.

I'm not a St. Louis Blues fan, but I hope for the sake of fans of that club that Checketts is staying out of the decision making process regarding players.

That means both Fleury and Smith are in agreement that it should never have happened, but he never would have had a chance to accept the offer if Checketts hadn't made Smith get back on the plane.

I'm not a St. Louis Blues fan, but I hope for the sake of fans of that club that Checketts is staying out of the decision making process regarding players.

I used to watch basketball all the time til Checketts and Dolan ran the Knicks into the ground (I always hated the Nets, don't know why). Now I'm still a Knicks fan, but I can't bring myself to watch them play. Looking on the bright side, hockey's better anyway, and Lou isn't exactly destroying the franchise.