What would be sweeter?

Revan

What would be sweeter?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What would you enjoy more?

• Seeing the Rangers miss the playoffs overall
    • Seeing the Rangers make the playoffs and be destroyed by the Devils there

Hooray, another Rangers thread! This time it has something to do with the Devils though.

Here's the thing: the Rangers are awful right now. We all know that, we all enjoy that. And we are all interested in what this team does, because we hate it. What we have right now is a pretty sweet win-win situation for us Devils fans. Because there's a good chance the Blueskirts will miss the playoffs. But if they do make them, there's a good chance they will play the Devils in the 1st round, as Jersey will most probably finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference (baring a slump and Philly claiming the division) and I don't see the Raggots finishing any higher than 6th or 7th. Looking at how these two teams play right now, there would be a clear favourite in a Devils - Rangers series and I think most of us would feel very confident about it this year.

So, what scenario do you guys root for? I always want the Rangers to lose and I'm enjoying seeing everything going against them now. The NHL playoffs with the Devils and without the Rangers are the only proper order of this world. Blueskirts fans are already quiet and they stopped bitching about the Devils because it is what it is - they are only loud when their team is winning and when their team sucks, all the trolls go and hide. NYR finishing bellow 8th would suck all life out of them. As well as of the so called hockey experts: I don't think anyone would call the Rangers Stanley Cup candidates (lol) before next season. As we all know, ESPN's crew made the Ranjerks look like perennial contenders before this year and now we see just how delusional these guys were. So that would keep their mouths shut.

But our record against the Rangers in the playoffs is pretty crappy and let's face it: nothing beats the excitement of a NJD-NYR series (okay, the Stanley Cup Final beats it, but only if the Devils are there). :boogie: We are perfectly aware about what happened last year and we all want revenge. We know this year the rivalry goes our way again and this is the perfect chance to make them pay. We would have all the bragging rights and could make fun of their stupid fans all summer long, especially if Jersey's Team goes on to do something special in this year's playoffs.

What do you guys think? Vote and post!

Edited by Revan

1st one. Everyone picked those fools to go deep in the playoffs and they are barely fighting for the last spot. So it would be nice to have all those "experts" eat crow. And it would be nice to have 1 local team--ours--to make it in.

Besides, even if we swept them again, all of the energy would be used up only to get knocked out in the next round. Cup's MUCH more important. Duh.

Edited by Marv4Life

Seeing the Rangers miss the playoffs would be sweet satisfaction by me. Not making the playoffs is far worse and just do not want to deal with another 7-game series with these a$$hole fans of theirs coming to the Prudential Center even though the Devils would probably get sweet revenge on the Rangers in 5 or 6-games. I would rather see them flop right out of the playoffs. Nothing more embarrassing than that.

Option 1: Most favorable.

I would HATE to face them in the playoffs as this is a no win situation. If we beat them, its expected. The Devils get their emotional high and forget they play in the second round.

If the Rangers beat us, it would be another horrible off season.

I would love the satisfaction of taunting Gomez for not making the playoffs.

We've been there and done that as far as humiliating the Rangers in the playoffs - and it didn't do anything for us later in the playoffs.

Besides, I want to see what an actual home-ice advantage at the Rock during the playoffs looks and sounds like and we won't have that in Ranger series. I think the Devils would have a home-ice edge this year during the playoffs, the crowds have been livelier and into it than at any point since the '03 playoffs.

I'll say this on the daily Rangers thread... you guys are so freaking obsessed with the Rangers it's scary.

well, maybe lots of them have to deal with Rags fans every day. 'New Yawk rules" "Jerzee Sucks"

thankfully I don't have to hear that. but I do agree with the obsession thing.

The only time I'm concerned is March-April to see yet another epic failure

so I go with miss the playoffs completely.

well, maybe lots of them have to deal with Rags fans every day. 'New Yawk rules" "Jerzee Sucks"

thankfully I don't have to hear that. but I do agree with the obsession thing.

The only time I'm concerned is March-April to see yet another epic failure

so I go with miss the playoffs completely.

So how come the guy who lived in Brooklyn in 1994 doesn't have the same issues?? :noclue: