GDT: Philadelphia @ New Jersey, 1:00 PM

SatansDevils

The one thing that pisses me off about this 3 game win streak with Marty back is this...

On Versus and probably Hockey Night with Barry fvckin Melrose on ESPN,

they will probably talk about how the Devils are such a good team with Marty back now, he's the greatest goaltender, etc...

And not taking anything away from Marty, he indeed makes the Devils better, but the Devs were doing it without Marty..

They picked up their offense, well I mean they had to sort of go into survival mode and adapt when Marty was out....therefore scoring more goals and having more offense.

Other then that, our boys are back, I feel a run for the cup is definately in our future...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that pisses me off about this 3 game win streak with Marty back is this...

they will probably talk about how the Devils are such a good team with Marty back now, he's the greatest goaltender, etc...

And not taking anything away from Marty, he indeed makes the Devils better, but the Devs were doing it without Marty..

They picked up their offense, well I mean they had to sort of go into survival mode and adapt when Marty was out....therefore scoring more goals and having more offense.

Other then that, our boys are back, I feel a run for the cup is definately in our future...

I think most of the league had already been taking notice of us before Brodeur came back. If anything, maybe they'll now say that with him back we now have a legitimate chance to make a serious run at the Cup.

And how about some recognition for the job Lou has done assembling this team and the job Sutter has done making it click so far?

Edited by 95Crash

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Edited by Cowutopia

another complete annihilation. i don't know if we're that good or if the flyers were just that bad. you'd like to think it's a little of both and you'd like to think it's trade deadline anxiety - knuble, jones, carle, lupul, upshall, even hartnell could all be heading out.

but one thing the flyers are is cheap. alberts flying leap at pandolfo, hartnell always does something awful - very surprised something ugly didn't happen at the end of the game, as it so often does. refs just didn't feel like calling penalties on them because they'd already called enough, i guess they thought.

all 4 lines work. the defense was fine. i don't know that this team needs a major upgrade. i know TG claimed that islanders' scouts were at CAA again today, but that could be for the flyers and panthers as much as it is new jersey.

The only real spots you could upgrade would be Greene/Mottau and possibly Gionta but as long as the Elias line is producing the team looks great.

I don't think we can realistically upgrade any of those spots this deadline anyway.

Another great game by the Devils :boogie: We were able to get the lead and then put it into cruise control and coast to a nice 3-0 victory. Great to see Marty get shutout #100 :dance: We now have a big lead in our division and hopefully we can do our best for the 2 slot. With the Caps getting beat up, we now have the tiebreak and we will have the game in hand over them. Really want us to have the home-ice if we were to face them in the second round of the playoffs.

Nice win and congrats to Marty on the 100th career shutout..... Just a fun weekend at the pru center. Nice Devils wins and we are rolling..... Do we really NEED a trade? We are rolling 4 lines and scoring goals, while playing good defense.... lets stay healthy and keep playing well....

very satisfied and always nice to kick the flyers ass!!!!

Brodeur played a very strong game today and showed some flashes of his A game. I'll give full marks to Clemmensen for a job well done but in this game alone you could see that the difference between his play and Marty's is night and day. While Clemmensen has proven capable of stopping shots it simply ends there. You watch Brodeur and he does all these small things, like when he knocked that puck out of mid air, that basically kill plays before they can even begin. He does this with rebounds as well and we all know about his puck handling. If he can manage to get to mid-season form by the time the playoffs start the Devils are going to be one tough team to beat, even with the roster as it is now. This isn't meant to be a knock on Clemmensen at all but the Devils basically upgraded to the best goalie on the planet at the trade deadline.

As for the Flyers they really reminded me in today's game why I can't stand them. I guess since the rivalry has been so one sided the last few years you kind of lose that hate so to speak. But they are full of a bunch of dirty fvck cheap shot punks. I would have paid good money to have seen Alberts get his face broken but hopefully the Devils keep this game in their memory banks. And Asham can go sit on it as well. Nice to see him take a run at Madden behind the goal. Guess it means sh*t that they were teammates last year but like he said it best, whatever.

As for the Flyers they really reminded me in today's game why I can't stand them. I guess since the rivalry has been so one sided the last few years you kind of lose that hate so to speak. But they are full of a bunch of dirty fvck cheap shot punks. I would have paid good money to have seen Alberts get his face broken but hopefully the Devils keep this game in their memory banks. And Asham can go sit on it as well. Nice to see him take a run at Madden behind the goal. Guess it means sh*t that they were teammates last year but like he said it best, whatever.

I have to disagree with the "cheap shot" stuff. According to the Flyer announcers and fans I work with, it's called "chippy play", not "dirty". :blink:

The Flyers organization still doesn't understand goaltending wins games along with a stout D. All of them are clueless F^cks!

Here it is in a nutshell: With Clemmensen, Weekes, whatever the Devils proved they're still a good team with them. But with Marty they look like a great team now.

Edited by Hasan4978

Classic Marty game. Stole the show a few times. I think the Flyers would have had 2-3 goals without Marty back there. One thing that is really bugging me is Pando. It felt like everytime I saw him he was on the ground. Rupp would be perfect for that line, I don't know why Pandolfo is playing, that is not going to be a productive role for him.

Always nice to kick some Flyers ass! :evil: very satisfying for me and many Devils fans.

Nice! I'm 6-0 on GDT! :koolaid:

Congratulations to Brodeur for his 100th shutout of his regular season career and only 4-more away from the record. he has been nothing but solid and the "MARTY" chants get louder and louder each game back. Also congrats to him on win #547 and only 5-more to go chasing history.

The Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner continues to stay hot racking up the points. PK was solid today, but the PP needs some work to do going 0-5 today. Just happy that they won again over the Flyers, now 3-1-1 winning the season series and this time by another Brodeur shutout. Devils with the win and the Washington loss, moves the Devils into the #2 seed in the EC behind Boston. Devils tied in points with Washington with 85, but the Devils have one more win and one less game played. The Flyers fans were awlful quiet today at the Prudential Center. :evil:

Keep it going Devils!

POD :dance:

the "MARTY" chants get louder and louder each game back.

Im happy to see we have a chant for Marty, it better stick. When watching Rags games I cant stand hearing "Hen-ry" chants from Rags fans as if hes accomplished something.

another complete annihilation. i don't know if we're that good or if the flyers were just that bad. you'd like to think it's a little of both and you'd like to think it's trade deadline anxiety - knuble, jones, carle, lupul, upshall, even hartnell could all be heading out.

but one thing the flyers are is cheap. alberts flying leap at pandolfo, hartnell always does something awful - very surprised something ugly didn't happen at the end of the game, as it so often does. refs just didn't feel like calling penalties on them because they'd already called enough, i guess they thought.

all 4 lines work. the defense was fine. i don't know that this team needs a major upgrade. i know TG claimed that islanders' scouts were at CAA again today, but that could be for the flyers and panthers as much as it is new jersey.

How close to the end of the season is the last NJ/Philly game. I was thinking about 1997 (or 1998?), when NJ played them the last game of the season, couldn't sit everyone and wound up with Andreychuck with a broken ankle and at least one other injury. I don't want to play them the last week or two of the season. It wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing happen.

Edited by SueNJ97

http://www.hockeyprimetime.com/newsroom/De...3-Flyers-0.html

After these three games I really don't think the Devils need to make a trade.

I am really seeing also why they are so keen on giving Greene every chance in the world. If he had some confidence and wasn't so tentative, he could be pretty good out there.

Edited by njdevil26

How close to the end of the season is the last NJ/Philly game. I was thinking about 1997 (or 1998?), when NJ played them the last game of the season, couldn't sit everyone and wound up with Andreychuck with a broken ankle and at least one other injury. I don't want to play them the last week or two of the season. It wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing happen.

Yeah, that Andreychuck injury was a killer that year. It totally ruined us going into the playoffs. I remember he tried to rush himself back during the playoffs, but the Devs got eliminated anyway.