Niclas Havelid traded to Devils

Xunolix

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think this is overpaying..? :noclue:

Is Havelid a UFA to be?

edit: Havelid is a rental.. well, thats interesting.. couldn't swing Greene for Havelid? I would have liked to keep Anssi...

Edited by nmigliore

well, i guess they figure salmela's problems were unfixable. good job making an asset then selling it though.

i think i posted before that i was unimpressed with havelid but this is the kind of move i expected - mere depth. i think this is it, too.

This is so weird.

Yeah, Salmela wasn't helping us this year but he looked like he had so much upside....man our team is so freaking old. I hope we put together a serious run.

Edited by Cowutopia

Nic will get to keep his #28 too if Leach isn't playing. :)

I think this was a good move if the staff felt that Anssi was an unfixable asset. It's not unfathomable that NJ could retain Havelid for one more year after this. I think it depends how far in the playoffs NJ goes.

Edited by RicPerrott

Anyone else think this is overpaying..? :noclue:

Is Havelid a UFA to be?

edit: Havelid is a rental.. well, thats interesting.. couldn't swing Greene for Havelid? I would have liked to keep Anssi...

Same, shouldve traded greene instead.

Looks like our last deadline deal... i cant see any other moves..

btw.. his salary is 2.7mill.

That's a pretty nice upgrade for the 6 slot on defense.

I think the Devils didn't think Salmela was a this year option and there is a big logjam of young defenseman for next season

yeah, that's true. i certainly agree he's not a this-year option - brent sutter would have night terrors. it's just a question of what they think of eckford, who's not that much younger and farther behind salmela in his development at present.

Edited by Triumph

it's just a question of what they think of eckford, who's not that much younger and farther behind salmela in his development at present.

I actually think that his lack of defensive experience a positive in Eckford's favor when comparing him to Salmela. Eckford, due to playing a ton less time at defense in his life, should be on a faster growing curve of development than Salmela.