GDT: 3/03/09 - NJ Devils @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:30 PM ET

Halfwar

I wish they had 4 on 4 OT in the playoffs - the Devils are great at it.

53 shots. I mean, what else can you say? This team owns weaker teams' defensive zones. Of course, Gionta just cannot beat a goalie anymore, it seems - luckily he got some help from Oduya.

Interesting that the Leafs basically pulled Kaberle in the 2nd and moved Ian White back there.

I cringe every time Brodeur has to do anything. I cringe every time Zach Parise goes hard to the net. Can't the playoffs start tomorrow?

Also, Andy Greene demonstrated why we need Havelid tonight. That's some poor coverage on the Leafs' first goal - Salvador and Greene have been piling up the minuses even while the team is doing well.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have two words:

O-DU-YA MOTHAfvckA!!!!!!! :boogie:

53 shots. I mean, what else can you say? This team owns weaker teams' defensive zones. Of course, Gionta just cannot beat a goalie anymore, it seems - luckily he got some help from Oduya.

Interesting that the Leafs basically pulled Kaberle in the 2nd and moved Ian White back there.

I cringe every time Brodeur has to do anything. I cringe every time Zach Parise goes hard to the net. Can't the playoffs start tomorrow?

Also, Andy Greene demonstrated why we need Havelid tonight. That's some poor coverage on the Leafs' first goal - Salvador and Greene have been piling up the minuses even while the team is doing well.

This would make two of us.

Wow, that was very intense in that third period! Great win! I must say I'm very impressed with the young talent on those leafs. The Madden, Pando, Holik line seemed to be a weak link tonight. Toronto seemed to generate the most opportunities against them, though they weren't scored on 5 on 5. But Great game none the less, B-E-A-utiful goal by elias, and nice job by Gio and Oduya to finish em off.

WoW, and plus WSH and BOS lost!

Edited by The Facepainter

ODUYA IN OVERTIME!!!! :boogie::dance:

Nice goal Oduya. Devils 8-1 now in OT this season.

Devils up 2-points over the Capitals for #2 seed in the EC with two more wins and a game in hand.

Devils trail the Bruins now by 6-points for #1 overazll in the EC NZT! :evil:

Congratulations Brodeur going 4-0-0 in his first 4-games back and win #548. Only 4-more to go chasing history! :koolaid: Hard earned 2-points tonight by the Devils.

Gionta played a good game tonight, I thought Madden didn 't have his best game. Weak on draws from what I seen.

gio had a good game shot a lot

the person that i thought had a bad game today was mottau

good game for the devils let marty get back into a physcial game

good game to watch asswoopings eventually get boring =P

I wonder what Havelid was thinking watching that game on TV.

Now THAT is a good question. Did you read any of his comments earlier though?

His thoughts were probably something like, "Just getting Greene off the ice is going to make these guys love me. I'll be the most popular guy in the locker room!"

Both Greene and Mottau looked a little shaky out there tonight but Greene's time is up as part of the top 6. He has actually looked better these past few games but he's just to much of a wild card back there. During the 2nd period he made a nice move to fend off two attacking leafs but then rushed his pass to Salvador for no reason which basically led to Toronto's most sustained pressure of the period. You just can't have things like that happening in close games come April. On the plus side he knows the system and God forbid someone gets hurt at least the Devils won't have to rely on someone less familiar with the game plan.

Watching this game really made me wonder how special of a season Brodeur could have possibly had. It was probably a blessing in disguise that he got hurt because the team really came together afterward but when you see how well he is playing and how strong the team is it makes you wonder what could have been.

6 points out of 1st place overall. Ridiculous.

Edited by SickMan

Gionta played a good game tonight, I thought Madden didn 't have his best game. Weak on draws from what I seen.

Madden hasnt had his "best game" in awhile.

Madden hasnt had his "best game" in awhile.

Madden was playing pretty well when he was with Rolston and Clarkson.

But he doesn't have that production we all thought he was going to have this year.

Edited by Toaster13

They're claiming it's a hand injury with Kaberle although it probably wouldn't have prevented him from partaking in the shootout since he was on the bench. So draw your own conclusions :P

As far as your other point, every team's in the same boat. I hate to channel Herm Edwards :lol: But you play to win the game and hope the team wins. Otherwise why do we even bother watching the regular season?

I'm torn about going for the top seed, on the one hand we've never done well as the #1, on the other hand it might be beneficial to avoid Washington in the second round and play potentially two of the other mediocre teams that are flopping between 4 and 10. I do want to get this Brodeur wins record out of the way asap and he's playing like he does too :boogie:

Yeah, it's pretty much the same thing with Gio every night. Get opportunities, do zilch with them. It was nice to see him FINALLY get a break and get one past a goalie, even though it took Oduya to finish. But I do find myself saying "Here comes nothing" when Gio has a scoring opportunity a lot lately.

Nice to see Elias bury his shot too...grip it and rip it Patrik! Sometimes it seems like he'll hang on to the puck for an extra second or look to pass when he should just trust his shot. But that's Patrik sometimes.

Rough game for Mottau. A few more like that and Greene might not be the only guy getting some scratches. Yikes. Who knows if this is true, but the NY Post reported that the Devils talked about a roster player going for Havelid. Not hard to figure out who it was...I'm guessing Lou tried to sell them on Greene and the Thrashers said "No thanks".

6 points back of Boston with 18 left to play....

They have the same number of wins - the 6 point spread is all overtime points. The Devils have the second lowest overtime points in the NHL, behind only Colorado.

Based just on wins the Devils are in a 4 way tie for first in the NHL.