NJDEVS Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

devilsrule33

Here is the thread to post and talk about any rumours (rumors for you Americans) that you hear during the day from legitimate sources (TSN, Sportsnet Fan590, NHL Radio). Let's keep this thread clean of he who should not be named.

Also use this thread to discuss winners and losers, surprises and anything else after the deadline ends.

Edited by devilsrule33

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always an exciting day.

The only one thing I hate about these TD days is the parade of whiners who lose faith and complain about Lou because he didn't go out and buy them a flashy new toy for the last 1/4 of the season.

Regardless of who goes where today, we all should be happy as Devils fans at what has happened for the organization this season. Proving amongst other things:

1.) NJ is more than any one player.

2.) The "right players" make a team better than the "best players"

3.) Sleepers like Bryce Salvador are sometimes bigger impact deals than the Brian Campbell deals.

4.) Lou always no more than any of us do.

5.) If the guy can't sell you with Brent Sutter modernizing this team from the bench, an AHL goalie in nets performing like an All Star, a D corps of sleepers, and a successful season that at one time looked liked the hockey gods finally chose to teach humility to this franchse....than I think you need a new team.

5.) In the end, the legacy and integrity of the franchise over the long term is more than any one season.

We love ya Lou.

Edited by DevilinLA

man with avatars off i feel like i'm making all the posts.

sorry, no rumors. i will say again that i think jokinen is the only big name moved, and that a lot of the rest of the rumors have been the canadian hype machine. pronger and/or niedermayer were never getting moved.

Edited by Triumph

"It's hard when you do well to break any kind of chemistry (with a trade). It's hard to think we're going to go out and find a top player somewhere when we don't want to give up anything. Unless people are real nice to us and usually that's not the case. We're happy with what we have."

If there is any doubt left that Lou is done with trades... hop hop !

Who else out there is a "stud" defenseman?

I guess "J Bo" is the next one

Well if Pronger is off the list now and Anaheim is going to keep him, then Bouwmeester would be the "stud" defenseman then some others behind him possibly rumored to be traded or on the trading blocks.

Derek Morris-PHX

*Thomas Kaberle-TOR (broke his right hand last night in the Devils game)*

Pavel Kubina-TOR

Dan Hamhuis-NSH

Filip Kuba-OTT

Rostislav Klesla-CBJ

Tom Poti-WSH

Edited by SatansDevils

The Wings have Lidstrom and Rafalski. The Caps have Mike Green. The Sharks have Rob Blake and Dan Boyle. The Bruins have Chara.

Who do we have? Not that I don't like our defensive core, I'd feel so much better with another solid d-man.

Paul Martin the most underated D man in the Leauge

Senators trade Vermette to columbus for Pascal Leaclaire (Sp?) per TSN Senators also get a 2nd round pick from Columbus

Good deal all round.

Ottawa gets a much needed goalie (although if he fails to stay healthy this is another bust)

And Columbus gets some scoring depth.